1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. We are holding our 2022 Angel Ministry Drive now. Please consider signing up, or if you have any questions about being an Angel, use our staff application form. The world needs more prayer now, and it is a great way to help other members of the forums. :) To Apply...click here

what is happening in your schools?

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by mama2one, Nov 19, 2020.

1. mina

mina Brown Eyed girl

+3,750
    Christian
    Married
    Cases were extremely low here in June when school ended. I was feeling good about in person happening in the fall. But, it looks like delta is changing a lot. OUr school wasn't going to have a zoom option, but they may before the start of school. Things are a bit too high for me being comfortable with sending an unvaccinated kid to in person. If they don't offer online, I have my materials ready for completely homeschooling. I don't feel like challenging if delta could find my children. I'm guessing vaccines for under 12's will have emergency approval by at least Nov. Spring semester in person could be a possibility. It's just wait and see for now. School won't start until Sept. but the trend is up so I doubt it will be better by then.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. mama2one

mama2one Well-Known Member

+9,879
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    last year, teen had choice for online school & kids in person had to wear masks all day

learned this wk: no masks required except on bus & no online school option avail.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
  3. GreekOrthodox

GreekOrthodox Psalti Chrysostom

+4,107
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Virginia just went back to masks for the start of the 2021 school year K-12. It should be interesting. Just glad my entire family is vaccinated, including the 15 year old.

• List
  4. mama2one

+9,879
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    also, happy our 13 yr old got 2 dose vaccine
    cases are escalating so surprised masks ditched this yr

5. GreekOrthodox

GreekOrthodox Psalti Chrysostom

+4,107
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Personally, our family has gone back to masks if we're in a crowded public place like the grocery store. Although churches are not mandated for masks, I'm seeing a rise in masks in the pews and will be wearing one at the few times I'm in with the congregation. As a chanter, I stand off to one side and normally am only standing next to one or two other people for the entire time.

6. Paidiske

Paidiske Clara bonam audax Supporter

+17,458
    Australia
    Anglican
    Married
    Back in lockdown today. Sigh.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  7. mama2one

+9,879
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    have your schools started back?
    if so, how's it going?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
  8. mama2one

+9,879
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    masks aren't required at our schools
    teen is wearing one at least until we see how it goes

teen is so excited to see her friends again!

how's the start of school for your children?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
  9. Paidiske

+17,458
    Australia
    Anglican
    Married
    Still in lockdown here, and I think likely to be that way until next term (early October).

• List
  10. mama2one

+9,879
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    will your schools be offering online school?
    or go back in person?

11. Paidiske

+17,458
    Australia
    Anglican
    Married
    At the moment they're providing materials and such for learning at home. There are some class discussions online and so forth. As I said, it looks as if it might be October before they go back in person. Sigh.

• List
  12. ChasingRainstorms

ChasingRainstorms New Member

+67
    United States
    Christian
    Separated
    Our schools have the option of going virtual. However, the actual teaching is lackluster. Assignments thrown up online without any instructions.

• List
  13. hedrick

hedrick Senior Veteran Supporter

+10,175
    Presbyterian
    Single
    In NJ we had few problems in districts that were in person in the Soring. At this point we have 219 students associated with possible school transmission. Given the number of schools in our state this is pretty good. My county, which is a fairly large one, has 0 students involved. We have some schools temporarily virtual, though I don’t see a current count. Schools are required to be in person unless they have an outbreak.

NJ has a fairly high vaccination rate, and a state wide mask mandate for schools, though we don’t otherwise have a general indoor mandate. The governor had resisted doing a mask mandate for schools until Delta caused a significant surge.

My middle school Sunday School kids say school is pretty normal, aside from masks. And those don’t seem to bother them.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
  14. mama2one

+9,879
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    our school district is recommending but not requiring masks; most are not wearing them

Last edited: Oct 3, 2021
  15. mama2one

+9,879
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    can't believe it!
    currently no covid cases out of 1000 students @ middle school