What is God's judgment...? Is it different for the believer and the non-believer...?

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Hey, friend. How did the trial thing go? You never updated the thread to inform us.
Oh, I plan on it, just still don't know much more yet right now...?

Thanks for asking.

God Bless!

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What is God's judgment...?

Is it different for the believer and the non-believer who has continued to and does reject Christ for no good reason...?

Comments...?

God Bless!

Non-believers are judged not by their faith, but by how much they listen to God's Holy Spirit and treated others well.
Revelation 20:12
And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done.

Reactions: disciple1
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Non-believers are judged not by their faith, but by how much they listen to God's Holy Spirit and treated others well.
Revelation 20:12
And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done.
They are judged by their works alone, "all" of them, good and bad, by which no flesh shall be justified... And, they don't have their sins or errors or badness forgiven and wiped out, like believers do... Or a second chance, or third or fourth, they don't get that unless they believe in Christ and the Gospel...

They are judged by law, and by law shall no flesh be saved, without Christ and the gospel of grace, I fear for them...

The only exception might be that those who "had good reason" in God's eyes not to believe, they maybe can still be saved, but only God can know, judge, and tell that or not...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world." (1 John 4:17)

We are predestined to be conformed to the image of Jesus > Romans 8:29 > so, a basic of God's judgment will be about if His love has cured our character so we are like Jesus.

Therefore, it is wise to actively seek our Heavenly Father for His correction which brings His love's perfection > Hebrews 12:4-11.

And part of our active participation in this includes obeying Philippians 2:13-16. God is almighty . . . easily able in us to have us succeed in in all He means by this >

"for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure." (Philippians 2:13)

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

Is it different for the believer and the non-believer who has continued to and does reject Christ for no good reason...?

Comments...?

God Bless!
The non-believer will be judged on only one issue: What was their attitude to Christ? What was their choice when presented with the gospel of Christ?

The believer will not be in that Judgment, because the scripture says that if a person has judged themself they will not be judged. A person accepting Christ has judged themself as being a sinner without hope and deserving of Hell. Then they acknowledge that Jesus died for them on Calvary, and accept Him as their personal Saviour. These will then appear before the judgment seat of Christ to receive their reward for how they lived for and served the Lord throughout their lives. This is a type of prizegiving for faithful believers. Then the believers will be witnesses at the great Judgment to follow.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The non-believer will be judged on only one issue: What was their attitude to Christ? What was their choice when presented with the gospel of Christ?

The believer will not be in that Judgment, because the scripture says that if a person has judged themself they will not be judged. A person accepting Christ has judged themself as being a sinner without hope and deserving of Hell. Then they acknowledge that Jesus died for them on Calvary, and accept Him as their personal Saviour. These will then appear before the judgment seat of Christ to receive their reward for how they lived for and served the Lord throughout their lives. This is a type of prizegiving for faithful believers. Then the believers will be witnesses at the great Judgment to follow.

Bolded... To recieve their award is how I like to think of it, a unearned by them, gift...

And, for how they lived and served the Lord, I like to think of this for how they loved the Lord and bore good fruit(s) in in and with others in their life, by serving them, not as in like "servitude" or slavery, but as a good friend, person to them, host, servant...

Serve the way Jesus served... And the Holy Angels do also...

Anyhow, it is not a "reward for works", but an "award for believing" and having faith in, and keeping, the faith" (In Christ and God)...

Even through test and trails most especially when what is in you goes from ore, to precious metal, and comes out refined gold, that is like your faith sometimes, and keeping the faith, and I think that will be rewarded, or their is an award for that, in Christ, also...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hethatreadethit

ClintR
Site Supporter
Dec 7, 2016
Foristell Mo.
✟118,834.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Comments...?

God Bless!

You sound confused. God gave this commandment to Moses to carry out judgment to solve controversy's

Deu 17:8 If there arise a matter too hard for thee in judgment, between blood and blood, between plea and plea, and between stroke and stroke, being matters of controversy within thy gates: then shalt thou arise, and get thee up into the place which the LORD thy God shall choose;
Deu 17:9 And thou shalt come unto the priests the Levites, and unto the judge that shall be in those days, and enquire; and they shall shew thee the sentence of judgment:
Deu 17:10 And thou shalt do according to the sentence, which they of that place which the LORD shall choose shall shew thee; and thou shalt observe to do according to all that they inform thee:
Deu 17:11 According to the sentence of the law which they shall teach thee, and according to the judgment which they shall tell thee, thou shalt do: thou shalt not decline from the sentence which they shall shew thee, to the right hand, nor to the left.
Deu 17:12 And the man that will do presumptuously, and will not hearken unto the priest that standeth to minister there before the LORD thy God, or unto the judge, even that man shall die: and thou shalt put away the evil from Israel.
Deu 17:13 And all the people shall hear, and fear, and do no more presumptuously.

Christ came to execute judgment to give sinners understanding to see, believe, and follow Christ:

Joh 9:39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.

The execution of judgment was to reveal the way of truth and peace:

Zec 8:16 These are the things that ye shall do; Speak ye every man the truth to his neighbour; execute the judgment of truth and peace in your gates:

Jer 33:6 Behold, I will bring it health and cure, and I will cure them, and will reveal unto them the abundance of peace and truth.

The execution of judgment is what manifest the Gospel truth:

Rev 14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
Rev 14:7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

Christ though warned that darkness would soon return.

Joh 9:4 I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.

It is so much easier to do the right things in the light of the day:

Zep 3:5 The just LORD is in the midst thereof; he will not do iniquity: every morning doth he bring his judgment to light, he faileth not; but the unjust knoweth no shame.

Joh 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
Joh 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Pro 21:7 The robbery of the wicked shall destroy them; because they refuse to do judgment.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Well one truth about God's judgment I've recently found out, is that, we're all "equal sinners" in God's eyes and deserve nothing but death or hell or worse in his eyes.

But, that is only the first part of this truth that comes by the old covenant law to judge us as this (all being equally wicked sinners in this life) that is the bad news that must come first and for us to be truly accepted and adopted under the new covenant of grace, or the new covenant of Christ, which is all about God's grace after the condemnation that comes from the law initially, after that all about God's great grace and unfathomable mercy and love for those who believe and put their faith in Christ. A great mercy and great love that can only come, or be fully grapsed and understood only after personally accepting this bad news judgment against us at the start...

However, the good news is that just by believing in Jesus Christ as Lord, and by our putting our faith in Him, is that, we can be washed completely clean of all that bad news and be converted and changed once for all time, if we become born again, saved, redeemed by putting our faith in Jesus Christ...

And, if we accept the truth that we were just as bad an no better than anyone else and all equal sinners in God's eyes under the old covenant, under the new, just by believing in Christ, since we are all equally bad, we are all also equally declared good and righteous afterward, and all equally. We all each, after that, all have equal access to everything good offered by and through God's grace that has been made available to all who believe in Christ and are under the new covenant with him.

Now we have to accept the bad news that comes first to fully appreciate the good news, which is that we are each also free to everything offered by God's grace under the new covenant with Christ, which is all and any good thing, all ours, past judgment wiped out, all and every good thing that comes from God is now freely ours by faith... For those believing in, and putting their faith trust and hope in, Jesus Christ.our Lord, as Lord...

Just as we are equal sinners in Gods eyes, in Christ, after that judgment, we are all now equally free to everything offered by God's grace, which is every and all good things are now freely ours...

That is the depth of God's love for a/the believer in Christ...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Hethatreadethit

ClintR
Site Supporter
Dec 7, 2016
Foristell Mo.
✟118,834.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well one truth about God's judgment I've recently found out, is that, we're all "equal sinners" in God's eyes and deserve nothing but death or hell or worse in his eyes.

But, that is only the first part of this truth that comes by the old covenant law to judge us as this (all being equally wicked sinners in this life) that is the bad news that must come first and for us to be truly accepted and adopted under the new covenant of grace, or the new covenant of Christ, which is all about God's grace after the condemnation that comes from the law initially, after that all about God's great grace and unfathomable mercy and love for those who believe and put their faith in Christ. A great mercy and great love that can only come, or be fully grapsed and understood only after personally accepting this bad news judgment against us at the start...

However, the good news is that just by believing in Jesus Christ as Lord, and by our putting our faith in Him, is that, we can be washed completely clean of all that bad news and be converted and changed once for all time, if we become born again, saved, redeemed by putting our faith in Jesus Christ...

And, if we accept the truth that we were just as bad an no better than anyone else and all equal sinners in God's eyes under the old covenant, under the new, just by believing in Christ, since we are all equally bad, we are all also equally declared good and righteous afterward, and all equally. We all each, after that, all have equal access to everything good offered by and through God's grace that has been made available to all who believe in Christ and are under the new covenant with him.

Now we have to accept the bad news that comes first to fully appreciate the good news, which is that we are each also free to everything offered by God's grace under the new covenant with Christ, which is all and any good thing, all ours, past judgment wiped out, all and every good thing that comes from God is now freely ours by faith... For those believing in, and putting their faith trust and hope in, Jesus Christ.our Lord, as Lord...

Just as we are equal sinners in Gods eyes, in Christ, after that judgment, we are all now equally free to everything offered by God's grace, which is every and all good things are now freely ours...

That is the depth of God's love for a/the believer in Christ...

God Bless![/QUOTE

Your blog here is HOGWASH, a confused pile of whatever handed down to you by the great deceivers of the so called christian world. A man can justify with his imagination anything to feel good about himself. So lets just ignore that Christ died because of sin including yours and believe that He gave His life for those who want to continue in sin and have eternal life. Man, what a great religion that must be and profitable as well. Practice and prosper for grace is the ability to make the imagination run wild with this satanic ideal (could be a book): How to Sin and Feel Good about it on Your Way to Heaven!
Satan has so confused this world to make an intangible subject out of the truth. He has made a vanity out of the purpose of Christ in which has become: whatever makes you feel good about yourself weather it is right or wrong.
Faith is Dead. What good is this?

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Your blog here is HOGWASH, a confused pile of whatever handed down to you by the great deceivers of the so called christian world. A man can justify with his imagination anything to feel good about himself. So lets just ignore that Christ died because of sin including yours and believe that He gave His life for those who want to continue in sin and have eternal life. Man, what a great religion that must be and profitable as well. Practice and prosper for grace is the ability to make the imagination run wild with this satanic ideal (could be a book): How to Sin and Feel Good about it on Your Way to Heaven!

Satan has so confused this world to make an intangible subject out of the truth. He has made a vanity out of the purpose of Christ in which has become: whatever makes you feel good about yourself weather it is right or wrong.
Faith is Dead. What good is this?
I was only trying to make a point between the law, and grace, old covenant and new covenant, before the cross, after the cross, I did not mention sin, cause I don't think I can judge sin, but, if you think you can then go right ahead, I'm sure many of us would like to hear it...

I'm of the belief that only God can judge sin and evil and wickedness, not human beings...

He did die to pay for our sins and forgive us, all of that, but our motivation to not sin should come from our love and should come with a process of growth and for not not sinning or stopping all your sin (which none of us can do) happening overnight or instantly... His great love for us fully realized makes us want to reciprocate and Believe it or not but with love comes obedience in time...

And people need to learn how to listen to the Holy Spirit and their conscience within them, in their hearts and minds...

If God wants someone's sins to change he has ways of making that happen for or to them and his will be done after all... I know my conscience has changed to the point that I'm not comfortable with almost any sin anymore, and that will happen in others too, with God working on them with Father's Love...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Hethatreadethit

ClintR
Site Supporter
Dec 7, 2016
Foristell Mo.
✟118,834.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I was only trying to make a point between the law, and grace, old covenant and new covenant, before the cross, after the cross, I did not mention sin, cause I don't think I can judge sin, but, if you think you can then go right ahead, I'm sure many of us would like to hear it...

I'm of the belief that only God can judge sin and evil and wickedness, not human beings...

He did die to pay for our sins and forgive us, all of that, but our motivation to not sin should come from our love and should come with a process of growth and for not not sinning or stopping all your sin (which none of us can do) happening overnight or instantly... His great love for us fully realized makes us want to reciprocate and Believe it or not but with love comes obedience in time...

And people need to learn how to listen to the Holy Spirit and their conscience within them, in their hearts and minds...

If God wants someone's sins to change he has ways of making that happen for or to them and his will be done after all... I know my conscience has changed to the point that I'm not comfortable with almost any sin anymore, and that will happen in others too, with God working on them with Father's Love...

God Bless!

More hogwash. You ever washed a pig before, well I grew up on the farm and pigs love slop, and love to wallure in the mud, they root with their snout and make holes so they can slop in the mud (kinda sounds like fun, don't it?) That is why farmers will put rings in their snouts.

Anyway, like the pig, natural man loves to slop in the mud, always returning to sin. Perhaps that is one reason why God commanded the Jews to not eat pork.

People sin, and need more than a fairy tale to turn from it. Christ did not die to substitute for your punishment for sin. He died to show you that sin killed him, and that you should turn from your sins.
If you believe that Christ died and was resurrected, and that He was offered BECAUSE of Your sins, then you may come to the true faith and understanding in Christ. How easy was it for satan to change the purpose of Christ to lead people to think that they can live in sin and please God, undoing everything that was purposed according to God's will. His death was then in vain.

Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,308.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Surely you know that Christians are split on this.

As I read Jesus’ teaching, we’re judged on the kind of person we are. It’s not some legalistic counting good deeds. But it’s how we treat others, and whether we repent and forgive others.

Jesus also says that people are judged who reject him, but I believe he understood that as meaning rejecting his message.

Of course Jesus also died. It’s always dangerous to hang too much theology on one statement, but I think the Words of Insitution are authentic, and it’s the only place Jesus actually spoke of the purpose of his death. In it he said he was dying to establish the new covenant. The OT passage he was referring to talks about the new covenant writing the Law in our hearts. This is certainly consistent with his teachings. But what does it mean for him to die for that, and does it mean we have to have faith in his death to be saved?

Paul refers to being “in Christ,” being spiritually united with him, and says that we rise with him to new life. This is exactly the kind of thing the New Covenant does, so I think Paul’s explanation is consistent with Jesus’ intent.

So having faith in Christ has great benefits for us. Among other things, no one who is reborn in that way should be in any jeopardy in the judgement. (That doesn't mean that I think judgement is on different criteria, but that being in Christ means that we meet the criteria for salvation.) But I don’t think it replaces the possibility that someone who lives as Jesus taught will be saved.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hethatreadethit

ClintR
Site Supporter
Dec 7, 2016
Foristell Mo.
✟118,834.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Surely you know that Christians are split on this.

As I read Jesus’ teaching, we’re judged on the kind of person we are. It’s not some legalistic counting good deeds. But it’s how we treat others, and whether we repent and forgive others.

Jesus also says that people are judged who reject him, but I believe he understood that as meaning rejecting his message.

Of course Jesus also died. It’s always dangerous to hang too much theology on one statement, but I think the Words of Insitution are authentic, and it’s the only place Jesus actually spoke of the purpose of his death. In it he said he was dying to establish the new covenant. The OT passage he was referring to talks about the new covenant writing the Law in our hearts. This is certainly consistent with his teachings. But what does it mean for him to die for that, and does it mean we have to have faith in his death to be saved?

Paul refers to being “in Christ,” being spiritually united with him, and says that we rise with him to new life. This is exactly the kind of thing the New Covenant does, so I think Paul’s explanation is consistent with Jesus’ intent.

So having faith in Christ has great benefits for us. Among other things, no one who is reborn in that way should be in any jeopardy in the judgement. But I don’t think it replaces the possibility that someone who lives as Jesus taught will be saved.

I GOT INTO THIS THREAD TO EXPLAIN JUDGMENT, AND ALL CHRISTIANS WHO HATE THE TRUTH AND TRY TO FIND SOMEWAY TO DECEITFULLY COVER UP THE DEATH OF CHRIST ALWAYS THINK THAT JUDGMENT MEANS CONDEMNATION. READ MY FIRST REPLY AND IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, I HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO SAY HERE.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,308.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I GOT INTO THIS THREAD TO EXPLAIN JUDGMENT, AND ALL CHRISTIANS WHO HATE THE TRUTH AND TRY TO FIND SOMEWAY TO DECEITFULLY COVER UP THE DEATH OF CHRIST ALWAYS THINK THAT JUDGMENT MEANS CONDEMNATION. READ MY FIRST REPLY AND IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, I HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO SAY HERE.
In the OT, judgement is in fact not always condemnation. God's judgement removes evil and establishes good.

However the OP was pretty obviously asking about how we would be judged in the end, which is certainly one use of the concept judgement.

I would ask you to calm down a bit before any further participation.

Upvote 0

Hethatreadethit

ClintR
Site Supporter
Dec 7, 2016
Foristell Mo.
✟118,834.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In the OT, judgement is in fact not always condemnation. God's judgement removes evil and establishes good.

However the OP was pretty obviously asking about how we would be judged in the end, which is certainly one use of the concept judgement.

I would ask you to calm down a bit before any further participation.

Did you read my first reply to this blog?

Upvote 0