Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  1. Faith is about the things we believe
  2. Faith is about the things we do
  3. Faith is about the things we believe and the things we do
Which statement best fits what Faith is?
There are 2 tiers of faith: faith of the mind and faith in the heart. We can believe in our mind while disbelieving in our heart. What we believe in our hearts is what we do. From the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

• Informative
Reactions: Dave L
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Faith is about things we believe will be confirmed true
but have not yet been confirmed. It has nothing to do
with actions, except that we always act on our Faith
at some level.

The ground may give way at any moment beneath our
feet, but such results are rare enough that we keep walking.

faith
fāTH/Submit
noun
complete trust or confidence in someone or something.
"this restores one's faith in politicians"
synonyms: trust, belief, confidence, conviction;

strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.
synonyms: religion, church, sect, denomination, (religious) persuasion, (religious) belief, ideology, creed, teaching, doctrine

Definition of faith
plural faiths play \ˈfāths, sometimes ˈfāt͟hz\
1 a : allegiance to duty or a person : loyalty lost faith in the company's president
b (1) : fidelity to one's promises (2) : sincerity of intentions acted in good faith
2 a (1) : belief and trust in and loyalty to God (2) : belief in the traditional doctrines of a religion
b (1) : firm belief in something for which there is no proof clinging to the faith that her missing son would one day return (2) : complete trust
3 : something that is believed especially with strong conviction; especially : a system of religious beliefs the Protestant faith
— on faith
: without question took everything he said on faith

6-year-old survives after being buried in sand at Indiana Dunes

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
If you mean the faith that pleases the Father in heaven,
the faith of Abraham, the father of faith, and all the men of faith after him,
then none of these statements .......

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you mean the faith that pleases the Father in heaven,
the faith of Abraham, the father of faith, and all the men of faith after him,
then none of these statements .......
I asked which fits best, not which is absolute.

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,147.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Of those three statements, option 3 is the best.

Reactions: Karl dinis
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I asked which fits best, not which is absolute.
None of them - each one might be used by a different schools of thought outside of Christ, or simply not mature in Christ, for their definitions of things, and fail to realize what faith in Jesus is.
"Absolute" ? Don't even worry about that - faith in Yahweh is simple, so simple that He Freely reveals everything concerning Salvation in this life and concerning the life to come to 'little children' (trusting Him) , and hides it from the scholars (educated ones trying to find Him, or pretending to know and to obey Him) .....

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Rather as written, whoever someone chooses to serve/ to follow/ , who they follow (their actions) is their god (usually a false god in this world of sin and corruption).

People may "always act" on their faith, but usually their faith is unbelief concerning Jesus, believing instead in something else that allows their sinfulness to continue without repentance (the false gospel in the world, much much more popular than the truth Gospel of Jesus) ....

So, yes, in that way, people are acting on their faith - acting in unbelief, already judged according to Yahweh's Word.

It has nothing to do
with actions, except that we always act on our Faith
at some level.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
None of them - each one might be used by a different schools of thought outside of Christ, or simply not mature in Christ, for their definitions of things, and fail to realize what faith in Jesus is.
"Absolute" ? Don't even worry about that - faith in Yahweh is simple, so simple that He Freely reveals everything concerning Salvation in this life and concerning the life to come to 'little children' (trusting Him) , and hides it from the scholars (educated ones trying to find Him, or pretending to know and to obey Him) .....
So Faith is about the things we don't know and about reaching for things we can't see?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
COOL! GOOD! ?
Faith is the substance of things "hoped for", ... ... ...
Hebrews 11:1 KJV - Now faith is the substance of things - Bible Gateway
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hebrews+11:1&version=KJV
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
So Faith is about the things we don't know and about reaching for things we can't see?

In Jesus - Relying on the Father for all things (everything all day and all night long - even for every breath we take, for every possible need ever) His Way, as He Says, as He teaches, as He directs, as He always Has Done So.

A totally different way of life, a simple, trusting, peaceful (perfectly) way of life abiding in Jesus with the Father, daily, continually, all the time -
as the Jews did not "define" faith - simply lived it, His Way, Daily, trusting Him like little children ...... even
for every thought, dream, hope, bringing all imagination willingly subject , all things subject, to Jesus, to Yahweh, to live His Way.....

Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Rather as written, whoever someone chooses to serve/ to follow/ , who they follow (their actions) is their god (usually a false god in this world of sin and corruption).

People may "always act" on their faith, but usually their faith is unbelief concerning Jesus, believing instead in something else that allows their sinfulness to continue without repentance (the false gospel in the world, much much more popular than the truth Gospel of Jesus) ....

So, yes, in that way, people are acting on their faith - acting in unbelief, already judged according to Yahweh's Word.

We all act in sin. Christians are forgiven...the only difference.
Paul being our chief among all sinners explained that believers
are among the worst at sin, doing what we'd wish we didn't.
For those without the law, sin is not counted against them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Faith is about trusting the Lord to take care of us, whichever of the three categories that fits into.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

None of the above.

I have Faith that Jesus died for my sins, that Faith grants me the acquisition of Salvation.

I am considered to be a Believer in Christ only after my Faith has acquired that Salvation.

There is no physical action which must first be taken in order for me to acquire Salvation.

Belief is an aspect of Faith, but I would not consider Belief to be equal to or synonymous with Faith.

Then again James.

Jas. 2:18
Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

While Works are the physical demonstration of our Faith, but the works are not the Faith itself.

Then again Paul.

Gal 5:22,23
22) But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23) Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

These Fruit are a Spiritual demonstration of our Faith, but these fruit are not the Faith itself.

• Informative
Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
that wasn't an option. the question is which fits best

Sorry, what you had as options didn't answer the question, and I gave the reasons why. Sorry if it doesn't fit with you theology.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian
does that trust require belief? does it require action?
Trust is belief. Not only does such faith require no work to be saved, one must not work to be saved in order to qualify for salvation.

"to the man who does not work but trusts God who justifies the wicked, his faith is credited as righteousness. David says the same thing when he speaks of the blessedness of the man to whom God credits righteousness apart from works" Rom 4:5,6

There are those who reject the grace of God and rely upon a salvation by works covenant, namely the covenant of the law, or a modification of it which they manufacture for themselves by misreading scripture. They are of a different faith than myself.

Upvote 0