Continental U.S.
✟971,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A messianic rabbi once explained to me that biblical faith is trust based on a covenant. So I say "the Trust", "trusting", "to trust", "trust", etc. to myself whenever I see the various forms of the words "trust".

Reactions: Godlovesmetwo
Upvote 0

Quasiblogo

Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2007
Continental U.S.
✟971,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A messianic rabbi once explained to me that biblical faith is trust based on a covenant. So I say "the Trust", "trusting", "to trust", "trust", etc. to myself whenever I see the various forms of the words "trust".
of the word, "faith"

Upvote 0

Dr Bruce Atkinson

Supporter
Site Supporter
Feb 19, 2013
Atlanta, GA
✟65,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Tolstoy said:
"Faith is a knowledge of the meaning of human life, the consequences of which is that man does not kill himself, but lives. Faith is the force of life. If a man lives, then he must believe in something...Without faith it is impossible to live." (from his book A Confession )

Wild animals have the kind of faith that Tolstoy describes -- animals seek to live and not die, to survive, eat and procreate. I would not call this "faith," certainly not religious faith. Faith is more like trusting in someone or something beyond oneself. It is believing where the evidence may be scant.

"Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." (see Hebrews 10:39-11:1) Christian faith is a gift from God which comes from hearing the Word of God (Romans 10:17).

Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wild animals have the kind of faith that Tolstoy describes -- animals seek to live and not die, to survive, eat and procreate. I would not call this "faith," certainly not religious faith. Faith is more like trusting in someone or something beyond oneself. It is believing where the evidence may be scant.

"Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." (see Hebrews 10:39-11:1) Christian faith is a gift from God which comes from hearing the Word of God (Romans 10:17).

We can't say we have certainty what amount of faith animals, such as dogs for instance, may have, perhaps some, perhaps more than we'd imagine.

You've got some essential points about faith here, and I like the NET bible wording for Heb 11:1 you have.

Also, please consider something I've recently realized -- that as a Christian who has 'died to the world', or in another wording "May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world." I've come to realize I'm no longer "Republican" (or "Democrat" or "Libertarian", nor "conservative" nor "liberal" etc.), but only Christ's. Only 'Christian', and not even a modifier on Christian even. Even further, I'm think I'm not to be 'Lutheran' or 'Baptist', etc., but simply 'Christian'.

• Winner
Reactions: PeaceJoyLove
Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We can't say we have certainty what amount of faith animals, such as dogs for instance, may have, perhaps some, perhaps more than we'd imagine.

You've got some essential points about faith here, and I like the NET bible wording for Heb 11:1 you have.

Also, please consider something I've recently realized -- that as a Christian who has 'died to the world', or in another wording "May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world." I've come to realize I'm no longer "Republican" (or "Democrat" or "Libertarian", nor "conservative" nor "liberal" etc.), but only Christ's. Only 'Christian', and not even a modifier on Christian even. Even further, I'm think I'm not to be 'Lutheran' or 'Baptist', etc., but simply 'Christian'.
Amen Halbhh! Blind to the world, we can SEE (by the grace of God)we are just passing through this land. Sojourners in a strange land. We belong to a nation and our King reigns on high. The earth IS his footstool. The light shines in the darkness...and the darkness comprehends it not.

Be blessed!

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tolstoy said:
"Faith is a knowledge of the meaning of human life, the consequences of which is that man does not kill himself, but lives. Faith is the force of life. If a man lives, then he must believe in something...Without faith it is impossible to live." (from his book A Confession )

Faith like the word or GOD said is the substance of things hope for the evidence fo things not seen. Or to make it simple.. faith is like you flying a kite where there is now wind. And this FAITH is the ONLY way to please our Father. This can be one main reason SOME things in our life are not going moving happing. We are babies in Christ and He is trying to get you to walk. But we wont. We still want to be helped held to walk. FAITH..so many things in our lifes .. He wants us to TRUST Him.. FAITH. You cant see it feel it..it goes against sometimes ALL we can see in this world.

So when that soldier said..NO..you dont have to come to my house you just speak the word. He new that this man called Jesus. When ever he spoke it always happen. So even though this soldier could not SEE FEEL anything he new if JESUS just says it.. IT HAS TO come to pass.

And what did JESUS say about that man? He at that moment never found ANYONE in all Israel with such great faith. And all that man did was simply believed what Jesus said. Try it... just pick up the bible as if you never heard about it. Now be like a child.. yes you can do it. If JESUS said it.. you can. Now read what HE says... and simply BELIEVE... MOST NEVER do..for not sometimes maybe or might..but ALL things are possible to them that believe. God told Abrahams wife.. Is any thing too hard for the LORD?

So good or bad.. FAITH works. How many times do you say or heard.. this or that always happens to me. Or thats been in my family for so many years. My dads dad had it my dad had it and I am sure I will get it also. :) Sure we LOVE to think GOD will not allow it. A God cant stop it. Jesus went to some city and could only lay hands on few and teach because of? UNBELIEF..no faith..doubt.

God will NEVER go agaisnt your will. So you speak words of death, lifless words..you will get what so ever you ask..you desire. You KNOW God never hears you.. you get it!. You expect GOD to give you freedom.. you know your fee yet.. we expect GOD to go against our will? Our word? He cant. This is written.

So say NO.. its written.. speak HIS word. What He said. And make sure ITS written. Is for good NOT for selfish reasons. Not to GAIN to HAVE more then.. but what HE said..is what YOU can alway have. God always gives. Its AlWAYs for others to help..to give LIFE. It always peace joy.. FRUITS of the SPIRIT.

But..keep saying you cant have you will always get sick or be poor or what ever. That is what you will get. I am not here to be get rich. I have what HE said. No more no less. And what I get for me is ALWAYS to help others 1st. He does bless us.. let Him. His WILL is HIS word. And as long as YOU keep telling HIM what HE can do and will do. Thats what you will get. For me FAITH.. as long as I make sure ME ME ME is NOT 1st..is the servant to all..that I am not to GAIN 1st be 1st.. see my riches..all I ever want is WITH and IN HIM. THAT is where my riches are..I do NOT want my reward here. Some..get there reward here and when they get Home are saved.. just wont have a reward. Kind of deep sorry..

So .. faith is flying that kite where there is no wind. Where you cant see yet.. it holds you firm! It cant let you go you will not drop and ALL that happens to those around YOU wiill NOT touch you. What does HIS word say? You are protected.. you are UNDER HIS Wings..so forth so on. 1000 my fall on one side and 10,000 your other side but it will NOT touch you. Its not what you FEEL or SEE HE said it so you just KNOW what HE said WILL in fact HAPPEN!

Israel..how many went out to spy? And yet how many KNEW GOD was with them and because of THAT they WOULD win? FAITH is GOD..GOD IS FAITH. He just SPOKE and it HAPPEN. And HE is where? IN YOU! And HE is GOD and GOD is? Your ABBA your daddy your FATHER!..sorry.. what is it you need? And if you KNOW He hears you..you KNOW it will be done. For you ASKED according to HIS will. Again HIS WILL is HIS WORD! Do you see? This is NOT to get....this FAITH can be used in ALL things in our life..

Its what you CANT see but KNOW and see it will happen. Its what you cant see is what you KNOW for fact will come to pass. Let there be.. God called those things that are NOT as though they were. We do the SAME here. Its NEVER EVER EVER US...always HIM. We NEVER EVER take the glroy.. we did NOTHING HE DID. All we do and say..is what HE already SPOKE..do you see? Say to this mtn move.. that MTN has to MOVE.. that MTN can be something in our life but.. Jesus pointed to a MTN..a Real mtn. You are a CHILD of a GOD. HE IS IN YOU. As long as YOU keep your eyes on HIM..make sure you DONT do things so YOU pesonally can GET HAVE so its just YOU YOU YOU YOU.. as long as you KNOW its ONLY IN HIM BY HIM THROUGH Him.. and always put others 1st and you last..

HIS word ALWAYS has to WORK! This is what SO many DONT do. That GET 1st..so we say as we look at them.. PRAISE GOD.. we dont speak evil.. we speak life. Want want to HELP bring anything that lost its way BACK to Him.. anyway .sorry if I offended or the like.. just beleive

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We walk by faith, not sight. This means that we look at the eternal things as apposed to the temporary things, in my opinion.

2 Corinthians 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

• Agree
Upvote 0