United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
*You are in the Catholic forum*

The Divine Worship Mass, otherwise know as the DWM, is a traditional Catholic liturgy of the Eucharist that is celebrated in Sacred English, (thee, thou, thy, thine, etc.) as typically seen in traditional English translations of the Bible and prayer books...

Continued below.
What Is The Divine Worship Mass (DWM)?

Romans 13:3

Jun 6, 2007
This side of heaven
✟112,649.00
Faith
Catholic
No! This is the first I've heard of it. I'd be interested to attend one though.

Me too. I also keep saying I want to go to an Eastern Divine Liturgy, but never do it. We have an Eastern Rite Parish not far from me, I just need to make it happen.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,380.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Me too. I also keep saying I want to go to an Eastern Divine Liturgy, but never do it. We have an Eastern Rite Parish not far from me, I just need to make it happen.
Unforunately, not much choice in my area unless you want to make a long day trip.

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
*You are in the Catholic forum*

The Divine Worship Mass, otherwise know as the DWM, is a traditional Catholic liturgy of the Eucharist that is celebrated in Sacred English, (thee, thou, thy, thine, etc.) as typically seen in traditional English translations of the Bible and prayer books...

Continued below.
What Is The Divine Worship Mass (DWM)?

While searching for a DWM I found this church not far from Boston that has a daily Latin Mass.

Mary Immaculate of Lourdes - Newton / Needham

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,380.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
No! This is the first I've heard of it. I'd be interested to attend one though.
I think you are referring to the liturgy as done by the Episcopalians that became Catholics in groups, awkwardly called the Ordinariate. I've been to three of these liturgies in three cities, Forth Worth, Omaha, and Minneapolis. There is a lot to like. The priest and people together face the altar facing east, and that really works for me. Communion was kneeling in two of the three, and not a grab and go thing either. The prayers were almost identical, but as soon as I felt confident to pray aloud it got Elizabethan on me. Oh, and they can be very long liturgies. And the preaching was astounding in all three places I was at.

My opinion is that they are very worth checking out. However, they are a canonical community that deserves some integrity. As a result membership is only open to those with an Episcopalian/Anglican or Methodist history. My Methodist roots are not recent enough as my grandfather was Methodist but became Catholic before my father was even born. So meh, I don't qualify even if I have a slew of rather distant relatives who are/were Methodist and Anglican. That's fine. What is of value for most of us are the ideas of reverent worship we can steal from them and bring back to our parishes. Not that we have to flood them with our needs and wants,

Upvote 0