May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Our INHERITANCE

Heb 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
Heb 11:14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.
Heb 11:15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.
Heb 11:16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Heb 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
Heb 11:14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.
Heb 11:15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.
Heb 11:16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

And in Heb 11:16 and when checking the Greek text , the word COUNTRY is NOT IN the Greek text .

And when reading verse 16 the emphasis is on the CITY .

And heavrenly , because its origin is in heaven , where it is now in heaven , the heavenly Jerusalem , Heb 12:22 .

dan p

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And in Heb 11:16 and when checking the Greek text , the word COUNTRY is NOT IN the Greek text .

And when reading verse 16 the emphasis is on the CITY .

And heavrenly , because its origin is in heaven , where it is now in heaven , the heavenly Jerusalem , Heb 12:22 .

dan p

It is in verse 14.

G3968
πατρίς
patris
pat-rece'
From G3962; a father land, that is, native town; (figuratively) heavenly home: - (own) country.
Total KJV occurrences: 8

Hebrews 11:14

(ESV) For people who speak thus make it clear that they are seeking a homeland.

(ESV+) For people who speak thus make it clear that they are seeking a homeland.

(Geneva) For they that say such things, declare plainely, that they seeke a countrey.

(GW) Those who say such things make it clear that they are looking for their own country.

(KJV) For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.

(KJV+) ForG1063 they that sayG3004 such thingsG5108 declare plainlyG1718 thatG3754 they seekG1934 a country.G3968

(NKJV) For those who say such things declare plainly that they seek a homeland.

(NLT) Obviously people who say such things are looking forward to a country they can call their own.

(YLT) for those saying such things make manifest that they seek a country;

Are you trying to make modern Dispensational Theology work by being a Greek scholar?

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is in verse 14.

G3968
πατρίς
patris
pat-rece'
From G3962; a father land, that is, native town; (figuratively) heavenly home: - (own) country.
Total KJV occurrences: 8

Hebrews 11:14

(ESV) For people who speak thus make it clear that they are seeking a homeland.

(ESV+) For people who speak thus make it clear that they are seeking a homeland.

(Geneva) For they that say such things, declare plainely, that they seeke a countrey.

(GW) Those who say such things make it clear that they are looking for their own country.

(KJV) For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.

(KJV+) ForG1063 they that sayG3004 such thingsG5108 declare plainlyG1718 thatG3754 they seekG1934 a country.G3968

(NKJV) For those who say such things declare plainly that they seek a homeland.

(NLT) Obviously people who say such things are looking forward to a country they can call their own.

(YLT) for those saying such things make manifest that they seek a country;

Are you trying to make modern Dispensational Theology work by being a Greek scholar?

And Dispensationlism began with Paul , Eph 3:1-3 , approx 2000 years ago and saved in Acts 9:6

And I am not a Greek SCHOLAR , but ALL can check the Greek text from reliable Greek scholars , like DANA and MARKLEY and also William Mounce .

dan p

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And Dispensationlism began with Paul , Eph 3:1-3 , approx 2000 years ago and saved in Acts 9:6

And I am not a Greek SCHOLAR , but ALL can check the Greek text from reliable Greek scholars , like DANA and MARKLEY and also William Mounce .

dan p

Genesis of Dispensational Theology:

Edward Irving used the term "dispensation" thirteen times on one page of his Preliminary Discourse which accompanied his translation of the Jesuit book "The Coming of Messiah in Glory and Majesty".
(Time 7:50 in this video)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Genesis of Dispensational Theology:

Edward Irving used the term "dispensation" thirteen times on one page of his Preliminary Discourse which accompanied his translation of the Jesuit book "The Coming of Messiah in Glory and Majesty".
(Time 7:50 in this video)

And I do not watch videos and use my own word and the word RIGHTLY DIVIDED by Paul , Eph 3:2 and Col 1:25 , where Paul became a servant according to the DISPENSATION of God , the one having been given to me for you ( BaBEAREAN ) , to COMPLETE the WORD of God and Paul wrote this some 2000 years ago .

dan p

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And I do not watch videos and use my own word and the word RIGHTLY DIVIDED by Paul , Eph 3:2 and Col 1:25 , where Paul became a servant according to the DISPENSATION of God , the one having been given to me for you ( BaBEAREAN ) , to COMPLETE the WORD of God and Paul wrote this some 2000 years ago .

dan p

John Nelson Darby's attempts to "Rightly Divide" the New Testament into that for Israel, and that for the Church, falls apart in the Book of Matthew.

Darby claimed the Gospels were written to Israel.

However, Christ talks about His Church in Matthew 16:16-18, and the Great Commission to the Church is found at the end of the Book of Matthew.

Once a person comes to understand the New Covenant promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34, which is found fulfilled by Christ during the first century in Hebrews 8:6-13, and Hebrews 10:16-18, and specifically applied to the Church in 2 Corinthians 3:6-8, and Hebrews 12:22-24, modern Dispensational Theology falls apart, and the pretrib removal of the Church falls with it.

PROPHETIC DEVELOPMENTS
with particular reference to the early Brethren Movement.
F. Roy Coad (Brethren Historian) pages 10-26
http://brethrenhistory.org/qwicsitePro/php/docsview.php?docid=418

Origin of the Pretrib Rapture Doctrine
Pastor Tim Warner
http://www.4windsfellowships.net/articles/rapture_23.pdf

Pretribulationist Revisionism
(Grant Jeffrey’s revision of early Church Posttrib viewpoints)
Pastor Tim Warner
http://www.4windsfellowships.net/articles/rapture_22.pdf

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
[QUOTE="BABerean2, post:
However, Christ talks about His Church in Matthew 16:16-18, and the Great Commission to the Church is found at the end of the Book of Matthew.

.[/QUOTE]

AND then explain Matt 16:18 ?

The Greek words I WILL BUILD / OIKODOMEO is in the Greek m FUTURE TEHSE , ACTIVE VOICE and in the INDICATIVE MOOD .

If you believe in the ANOINTING give verse 19 an explanation ?

dan p

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Dispensations of time.
Basic.

The age of the law and the prophets until John the Baptizer (John 16:16)

Now is the kingdom of God.

Creation of new heaven and new earth.

The age leading up to the death of Jesus had some interesting imagery that resembled the third day of creation including the Baptism of Jesus, immediately followed by His appearance on dry land in the desert.

Other days of creation are observable in scripture by comparing the prophetic figurative language with the seven days of creation. However, day five is missing, revelation picks up at day 6.

This dispensational model seems to imply as soon as the first creation was infected with sin, God started to create a new one.

Histories of Israel and Judah, History of the Church.

This dispensational model appears to fit, I look away and don't think about it and see more resemblances as time passes.

RCC with their popes are the kings of Judah, Benjamin is Orthodox since they are so small and also instituted the curses in the original versions of the creeds.

The post reformation groups who departed from the pope over "works" are a mirror of the people of Israel who departed from Jeroboam over "works" also.

Captivity is on the horizon.

Because curses were inserted into the covenant for people who believed otherwise by the early church councils, we are on a track that resembles the mirror nation that was also under a curse, but this was related to the law. If the curses or anathemas were not inserted willfully by the church officials - maybe we'd see a different narrative reflective of the new heaven and earth, instead of the old.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
[QUOTE="BABerean2, post:

The Greek words I WILL BUILD / OIKODOMEO is in the Greek m FUTURE TEHSE , ACTIVE VOICE and in the INDICATIVE MOOD .

dan p[/QUOTE]

Do you realize the New Covenant had not been fulfilled when Christ spoke the words found in Matthew 16:16-18?

Heb 9:15 And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

dan p

Do you realize the New Covenant had not been fulfilled when Christ spoke the words found in Matthew 16:16-18?

Heb 9:15 And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.

.[/QUOTE]

And we do agree on that , that the NEW COVENANT is NOT yet in operation ..

So will you explain Matt 16:19 since it is connect to verse 18??

And is verse 16 , where CHURCH is found , is that the BODY OF CHRIST ?

YES ?
OR NO ?

Give it your best answer ?

What do you think ??

I will be glad to help you out , if you want me too ??

dan p

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And we do agree on that , that the NEW COVENANT is NOT yet in operation ..

Joh 19:30 So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, "It is finished!" And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit.

Heb 8:6 But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises.
Heb 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second.
Heb 8:8 Because finding fault with them, He says: "BEHOLD, THE DAYS ARE COMING, SAYS THE LORD, WHEN I WILL MAKE A NEW COVENANT WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AND WITH THE HOUSE OF JUDAH—
Heb 8:9 NOT ACCORDING TO THE COVENANT THAT I MADE WITH THEIR FATHERS IN THE DAY WHEN I TOOK THEM BY THE HAND TO LEAD THEM OUT OF THE LAND OF EGYPT; BECAUSE THEY DID NOT CONTINUE IN MY COVENANT, AND I DISREGARDED THEM, SAYS THE LORD.
Heb 8:10 FOR THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AFTER THOSE DAYS, SAYS THE LORD: I WILL PUT MY LAWS IN THEIR MIND AND WRITE THEM ON THEIR HEARTS; AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE.
Heb 8:11 NONE OF THEM SHALL TEACH HIS NEIGHBOR, AND NONE HIS BROTHER, SAYING, 'KNOW THE LORD,' FOR ALL SHALL KNOW ME, FROM THE LEAST OF THEM TO THE GREATEST OF THEM.
Heb 8:12 FOR I WILL BE MERCIFUL TO THEIR UNRIGHTEOUSNESS, AND THEIR SINS AND THEIR LAWLESS DEEDS I WILL REMEMBER NO MORE."
Heb 8:13 In that He says, "A NEW COVENANT," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

G3570
νυνί
nuni
noo-nee'
A prolonged form of G3568 for emphasis; just now: - now.
Total KJV occurrences: 21

Heb 10:16 "THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THEM AFTER THOSE DAYS, SAYS THE LORD: I WILL PUT MY LAWS INTO THEIR HEARTS, AND IN THEIR MINDS I WILL WRITE THEM,"
Heb 10:17 then He adds, "THEIR SINS AND THEIR LAWLESS DEEDS I WILL REMEMBER NO MORE."
Heb 10:18 Now where there is remission of these, there is no longer an offering for sin.

G1161
δέ
de
deh
A primary particle (adversative or continuative); but, and, etc.: - also, and, but, moreover, now [often unexpressed in English].
Total KJV occurrences: 2841

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Joh 19:30 So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, "It is finished!" And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit.

Heb 8:6 But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises.
Heb 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second.
Heb 8:8 Because finding fault with them, He says: "BEHOLD, THE DAYS ARE COMING, SAYS THE LORD, WHEN I WILL MAKE A NEW COVENANT WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AND WITH THE HOUSE OF JUDAH—
Heb 8:9 NOT ACCORDING TO THE COVENANT THAT I MADE WITH THEIR FATHERS IN THE DAY WHEN I TOOK THEM BY THE HAND TO LEAD THEM OUT OF THE LAND OF EGYPT; BECAUSE THEY DID NOT CONTINUE IN MY COVENANT, AND I DISREGARDED THEM, SAYS THE LORD.
Heb 8:10 FOR THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AFTER THOSE DAYS, SAYS THE LORD: I WILL PUT MY LAWS IN THEIR MIND AND WRITE THEM ON THEIR HEARTS; AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE.
Heb 8:11 NONE OF THEM SHALL TEACH HIS NEIGHBOR, AND NONE HIS BROTHER, SAYING, 'KNOW THE LORD,' FOR ALL SHALL KNOW ME, FROM THE LEAST OF THEM TO THE GREATEST OF THEM.
Heb 8:12 FOR I WILL BE MERCIFUL TO THEIR UNRIGHTEOUSNESS, AND THEIR SINS AND THEIR LAWLESS DEEDS I WILL REMEMBER NO MORE."
Heb 8:13 In that He says, "A NEW COVENANT," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

G3570
νυνί
nuni
noo-nee'
A prolonged form of G3568 for emphasis; just now: - now.
Total KJV occurrences: 21

Heb 10:16 "THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THEM AFTER THOSE DAYS, SAYS THE LORD: I WILL PUT MY LAWS INTO THEIR HEARTS, AND IN THEIR MINDS I WILL WRITE THEM,"
Heb 10:17 then He adds, "THEIR SINS AND THEIR LAWLESS DEEDS I WILL REMEMBER NO MORE."
Heb 10:18 Now where there is remission of these, there is no longer an offering for sin.

G1161
δέ
de
deh
A primary particle (adversative or continuative); but, and, etc.: - also, and, but, moreover, now [often unexpressed in English].
Total KJV occurrences: 2841

And John 19:30 IT IS FINISHED is a Greek word in the PERFECT BTENSE , PASSIVE VOICE and in the INDICATIVE MOOD , what does that mean ??

The Greek word NOW / DE , is translated BUT 1237X , ALSO 18X , NOW 166X , and nor translated 300 x .

In Heb 10:16 , I WILL MAKE / DIATITHEMI is in the Greek FUTURE TENSE , MIDDLE VOICE , and in the INDICATIVE MOOD and means it is a FACT .

And you quoted Luke 3:16 he shall baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with FIRE .so what does the mean ?

dsan p

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In Heb 10:16 , I WILL MAKE / DIATITHEMI is in the Greek FUTURE TENSE , MIDDLE VOICE , and in the INDICATIVE MOOD and means it is a FACT .

The NKJV quotes the Old Testament text in UPPERCASE letters.
In this case the text is quoted from Jeremiah 31:31-34.

Heb 10:15 But the Holy Spirit also witnesses to us; for after He had said before,

Act 11:15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Spirit fell upon them, as upon us at the beginning.
Act 11:16 Then I remembered the word of the Lord, how He said, 'John indeed baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit.'

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The NKJV quotes the Old Testament text in UPPERCASE letters.
In this case the text is quoted from Jeremiah 31:31-34.

Heb 10:15 But the Holy Spirit also witnesses to us; for after He had said before,

Act 11:15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Spirit fell upon them, as upon us at the beginning.
Act 11:16 Then I remembered the word of the Lord, how He said, 'John indeed baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit.'

Did not reply to my post , O WELL !

And in Heb 10:18 who was offering , for sins ?

Gentiles

Greeks

Jews

Pick Jews ,which is right !!!!

dan p

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"It is finished.": David H.J. Gay

And I do NOT see videos !!

If David H J Gay does not say that what thenGreeknwords for Greek say IT MIS FINISHED / TELEO mean it is in the PERFECT TENSE , PASSIVE VOICE and in th INDICATIVE MOOD , then it is nothing .

You did notmreply to posts #42 and # 58 or what did Christ death do for Israel , and Heb 9:15 explains , thatb Israel's sin where forgiven from Genesis -- Acts 28:28 .
Just LOVE having you around so dispensationism can be explained for those , not knowing what it really means , what the HOLY SPIRIT had Paul write , over 2000 years ago !

dan p

dan p

Upvote 0