What is Christian responsibility, and being a genuine witness to the truth?

Roidecoeur78

This world is not my home.
Dec 14, 2018
Midwest
✟28,694.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When living in a "developed" nation, where many of the poorest have touch screen devices and are even overweight, where the majority have much more food, clothes, shelter, wealth, comfort and leisure time than necessary, and it seems few if any want to hear anything that displeases them, but they "gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear." 2Tim4:3; what is it that a person truly indwelt with the Holy Spirit will say and do?

If there are churches on every corner, and plenty of people professing and broadcasting the faith but still living for all those worldly things and ways, while true believers "share everything they had"Acts2:44 and will "through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body"Roman8:31 and practice "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." James 1:27, where does this fit in?

Last edited:

Dansiph

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟120,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My initial thought to
what is it that a person truly indwelt with the Holy Spirit will say and do?
was, spread the gospel?

I think there's a difference between orphans and widows and the majority of our socieites

Upvote 0

HenSoma-OneBody

Mar 4, 2019
Lawrenceville
✟122,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When living in a "developed" nation, where many of the poorest have touch screen devices and are even overweight, where the majority have much more food, clothes, shelter, wealth, comfort and leisure time than necessary, and it seems few if any want to hear anything that displeases them, but they "gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear." 2Tim4:3; what is it that a person truly indwelt with the Holy Spirit will say and do?

If there are churches on every corner, and plenty of people professing and broadcasting the faith but still living for all those worldly things and ways, while true believers "share everything they had"Acts2:44 and will "through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body"Roman8:31 and practice "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." James 1:27, where does this fit in?

Sadly, there are far too many who profess to be "believers" who will go to their churches, read their bibles, and even pray. However, they lack a personal relationship with Jesus. In the end Jesus will tell them to depart from me I never knew you. "Whoever claims to abide in Him must walk as Jesus walked." 1 John 2:6

Upvote 0

Ayenew

Mar 2, 2019
Addis Ababa
✟35,266.00
Country
Ethiopia
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I don't think witnessing should be related to material wealth. For me it is not a right way to talk to someone that God is going to give him something material, even for a "poor". And I feel that people will keep unsatisfied and keep having questions unanswered, even in the midst of all the material wealth they have, that only God could answer. So "a person truly indwelt with the Holy Spirit" should keep witnessing the truth in love, being confident that what he is speaking is much more valuable than what they have.

Upvote 0