Pixey

Feb 12, 2017
South Africa
✟18,859.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I always thought if you cursed the Holy Spirit, then that's it - you're doomed. Imagine my dismay when i had curse words pop into my mind every time i tried to pray. I thought i was cursed, and then i found the below article which "lifted the curse" :)

"If a person truly listens to the promptings of the Holy Spirit and asks for pardon and forgiveness that person is not guilty of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

Any sin mankind wants pardon for is forgivable, however, if we turn our backs on the voice of the Holy Spirit we begin to silence His convictions and eventually we cannot hear His convicting power. This effectively blocks the working of God in our lives because we have reached a point where we are unable respond to the promptings of the Holy Spirit."

What is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit? | Bibleinfo.com

• Winner
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What is Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit?
I personally believe that without question it is attributing the works of God to the Adversary. Let me share two witnesses for this.

1. When you consider a verse like Matthew 12:27, you can see that those around Yeshua were attributing his works, not to the Father who sent him, but to Beelzebub (another name for satan). Yeshua follows this up with his line that blasphemy of the Spirit will not be forgiven.

2. When you look at Exodus 32:8 we see that when the golden calf is molded, the works of God are attributed to this idol. It is called by His name (YHWH) and like I said, God's works are attributed to that thing. What happens to all those who accept this and worship it? Many thousands died that day as punishment.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So this thread is to teach people how to commit an unforgivable sin? How is this beneficial?
? Looks to me this thread defines what that act is so it can be avoided!

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
? Looks to me this thread defines what that act is so it can be avoided!

But I dont even know how to do it and most people dont...Isnt that the best way to avoid it?

Teaching someone (who doesnt know how to acquire drugs)how they would go about buying drugs and then telling them not to do drugs doesnt seem wise to me.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But I dont even know how to do it and most people dont...Isnt that the best way to avoid it?

Teaching someone (who doesnt know how to acquire drugs)how they would go about buying drugs and then telling them not to do drugs doesnt seem wise to me.
Perhaps, I see your point. But it is scripture that defines it not me or anyone else. Therefore, it is God who put up that fence, if you will... and then said don't cross it. While I get and respect your point Raymond, your line of reasoning would be like saying we need not say "do not murder" or "do not steal" because that would be the best way to avoid it.... by not even saying it. I am not sure Cain heard it before he did it... but he did do it. God included the do's AND don'ts... so apparently He prefers we know what is good, holy and acceptable... and what is profane and must be avoided. Blessings.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps, I see your point. But it is scripture that defines it not me or anyone else. Therefore, it is God who put up that fence, if you will... and then said don't cross it. While I get and respect your point Raymond, your line of reasoning would be like saying we need not say "do not murder" or "do not steal" because that would be the best way to avoid it.... by not even saying it. I am not sure Cain heard it before he did it... but he did do it. God included the do's AND don'ts... so apparently He prefers we know what is good, holy and acceptable... and what is profane and must be avoided. Blessings.

Your analogies are a little different from what Im saying.

What i see here is saying "Do not murder," "Do not steal" but then TEACHING us the best way to steal and the best way to murder. I have no issues with telling people not to do wrong...no to murder and not the blaspheme. I just dont see the good sides of teaching people HOW to DO the things that we dont want them to do.

I dont think it is wrong...I guess I dont see the expediency in it.

But maybe you are right.....there are probably many people out there who would love to learn how to blaspheme the holy spirit. I would not teach this...but it is fine for others to do so, if they choose.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Your analogies are a little different from what Im saying.

What i see here is saying "Do not murder," "Do not steal" but then TEACHING us the best way to steal and the best way to murder. I have no issues with telling people not to do wrong...no to murder and not the blaspheme. I just dont see the good sides of teaching people HOW to DO the things that we dont want them to do.

I dont think it is wrong...I guess I dont see the expediency in it.

But maybe you are right.....there are probably many people out there who would love to learn how to blaspheme the holy spirit. I would not teach this...but it is fine for others to do so, if they choose.
Look... a person asked a question... we can ignore it and say, "better not to know" but if you are old enough, you know that will only cause a human being to go LOOK for the hole in the fence. :) So, I feel it better to address it... would you rather not know and then inadvertently attribute God's works to the Adversary. If done then it would be with no intent I am sure God would forgive... but that would still be sin, still be profaning His name and I for one, would rather not do that.... even if by accident. Blessings.

Upvote 0

lben

Dec 27, 2010
Ashtabula, OH
✟21,731.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Look... a person asked a question... we can ignore it and say, "better not to know" but if you are old enough, you know that will only cause a human being to go LOOK for the hole in the fence. :) So, I feel it better to address it... would you rather not know and then inadvertently attribute God's works to the Adversary. If done then it would be with no intent I am sure God would forgive... but that would still be sin, still be profaning His name and I for one, would rather not do that.... even if by accident. Blessings.
Even if done by accident, it is still the unforgivable sin. I would much rather know what it is, so I can do my best NOT to do it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Even if done by accident, it is still the unforgivable sin. I would much rather know what it is, so I can do my best NOT to do it.

So what would be your actions when the answer is posted here and you find out that you've done it already? Would you go out and raise Hell because you believe you will end up there anyway base on the opinion of a poster?

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You are right. Any future posts I make are not directed at you....just like my first one wasn't. Good luck to you

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You are right. Any future posts I make are not directed at you....just like my first one wasn't. Good luck to you
I don't believe in luck. :)

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So what would be your actions when the answer is posted here and you find out that you've done it already? Would you go out and raise Hell because you believe you will end up there anyway base on the opinion of a poster?
The spirit of the law takes into consideration intent. The people in Matthew that were attributing Yeshua's works to the devil were doing so with intent, hence his warning. I promise you that at some point in every one of our lives we have attributed... unknowingly... God's work to coincidence, luck, hard work, or any number of other things.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What is Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit?

Resisting the Spirit's call to trust in Christ to the point that He ceases to call you any longer.

Upvote 0

AJTruth

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
winter haven fl
✟22,122.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If your a Christian and think you've committed the unforgivable sin, you havn't.

John 12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw """all""" men unto me.

(Jesus was crucified & will draw """ALL""" to Himself)

John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

(Jesus say's after His resurrection & ascension He will send the Comforter/Holy Spirit)

8 And when he is come, he will reprove (will convict) the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

(The Comforter/Holy Spirit will reprove/convict/reveal our sin/righteousness & judment)

John 8:24 Jesus said; ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

The only unpardonable sin today is that of continued "UNBELIEF". There is no pardon for a person who dies in "UNBELIEF".

John 3:18 But he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
(Unbelievers in the only begotten Son """ARE (already-right now) & WILL be CONDEMNED""")

Don't Believe =
NON-BELIEVERS= """UNBELIEF""" will face the wrath of God"

"""UNBELIEF""" is the only UNFORGIVEABLE SIN.

A full pardon for every sin is available to anyone that will:

Accept God's undeserved grace: Place your faith in the sacrificial sin atoning death, burial & resurrection of Jesus the Christ.

Romans 10:
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

HERES WHAT HAPPENS AT THE MOMENT YOU ACCEPT CHRIST:
Eph 1:3 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed ""ye were sealed with that holy Spirit''" of promise
(WHATS THE "GOSPEL OF YOUR SALVATION"? AFTER YOU BELIEVED IN THE SIN ATONING DEATH, BURIAL & RESURRECTION OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST. YOU WERE - "PAST TENSE"" SEALED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT)

14 Which is the down payment of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession
(YOUR SALVATION WAS SEALED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT & IS GUARANTEED BY GOD. AT THE MOMENT YOU PLACED YOUR FAITH/BELIEF/TRUST IN THE LORD JESUS CHRIST)

Tim 1:14 The Holy Spirit who dwells within us, guard the good deposit entrusted to you
(BELIEVERS ARE GIVEN THE HOLY SPIRIT> AS A DEPOSIT & A GUARD)

2 cor 1:22 Who hath also "sealed us" & "given the earnest" of the Holy Spirit in our hearts
(EARNEST = DOWN PAYMENT! UNTIL WE REVEIVED OUR NEW GLORIFIED BODY)
Eph 1:
13 salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were "sealed" with that holy Spirit of promise,
(BELIEVERS SEALED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT)

2 Cor 5:5 God, who also hath given unto us the "earnest" of the Spirit
(EARNEST = A SALVATION DOWN PAYMENT! UNTIL WE REVEIVED OUR NEW GLORIFIED BODY)

Upvote 0

Pixey

Feb 12, 2017
South Africa
✟18,859.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But I dont even know how to do it and most people dont...Isnt that the best way to avoid it?.

Everyone will come across this scripture, it's mentioned in NT books Mark and Matthew - where all new Christians (mostly) starts reading. o_O

I am glad this question was raised, as it is important to have this clarified. Please, do not think of a Pink Elephant. :rolleyes: Dont you find, the harder you try to not think of something, the more it pops into your head?

When i discovered what it truly means to commit blasphemy against the Spirit, i was overjoyed :D:D because...
Resisting the Spirit's call to trust in Christ to the point that He ceases to call you any longer.
... it is impossible for me to ignore God. I know my heart is not hardened against guidance from the Holy Spirit because i often antagonize over my sins and try my best to sincerely repent and not repeat. :oops:

Reactions: Ken Rank
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Everyone will come across this scripture, it's mentioned in NT books Mark and Matthew - where all new Christians (mostly) starts reading. o_O

I am glad this question was raised, as it is important to have this clarified. Please, do not think of a Pink Elephant. :rolleyes: Dont you find, the harder you try to not think of something, the more it pops into your head?

When i discovered what it truly means to commit blasphemy against the Spirit, i was overjoyed :D:D because...

... it is impossible for me to ignore God. I know my heart is not hardened against guidance from the Holy Spirit because i often antagonize over my sins and try my best to sincerely repent and not repeat. :oops:
That is wonderful. I guess I just feel that my time is better spent learning how to and teaching others how to please God. Never thought about going into details about how to commits the sins listed in the bible. Im on a narrow road, I dont expect to have many walk with and agree with me.

As i said above...I dont see anything wrong with someone who wants to teach others how to sin. I asked a question, and i believe I understand why the question was asked in the OPs response.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That is wonderful. I guess I just feel that my time is better spent learning how to and teaching others how to please God. Never thought about going into details about how to commits the sins listed in the bible. Im on a narrow road, I dont expect to have many walk with and agree with me.

As i said above...I dont see anything wrong with someone who wants to teach others how to sin. I asked a question, and i believe I understand why the question was asked in the OPs response.
I don't understand how you see this as teaching others how to sin. If God says, "don't lay with a man as you would a woman," then >>GOD<< just got very specific in sharing what He does not want you to do. This is HIS METHOD of teaching and you are, at least seemingly, belittling it. I don't get it Raymond. Sharing what blaspheming the Spirit is, is not different than defining what homosexual sex is. Both simply share what not to do.

Upvote 0