What is better: have means to get rid of the evil or don’t experiment any evil? (Part 2).

Leonardo von Dolinger

May 28, 2021
UBERLÂNDIA
✟207,924.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What is better: have means to get rid of the evil or don’t experiment any evil? (Part 2).

• “The ransom of a man's life is his riches; But the poor heareth no threatening.” (Pro 13:8).

The poor, on the other hand, doesn’t need money to be released from threatening or scolding. It comes the question: why?

In virtue of the poor didn’t have much money, it’s easier to them to accept Jesus’ calling (see about the rich young):

• “Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. And when he heard this, he was very sorrowful: for he was very rich. And when Jesus saw that he was very sorrowful, he said, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!” (Luk 18:22-24).

Hence James to have said:

• “Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?” (Jas 2:5).

If the poor accept Jesus and His goodness, grace and Word, certainly they won’t hear menaces or rebukes:

1 – Even if there is some “Ishmael”, “Baasha” or “Hazael” to endanger them, they won’t be afraid, nor will refuse to keep the testimony of Christ because they know in whom they have believed, and they are sure that Jesus is able to keep that which they have committed unto Him against that day (2Tim 1:12). They never will give up all Jesus’ treasures in their life.

2 – As Jesus is our Lord that Heal us (Exodus 15:26), Jesus will free them from their iniquities (1John 3:5-9) and, thereby, they won’t get sick (see Isa 33:24; James 3:14-16).

3 – As the righteous isn’t forsaken, nor his seed will have to beg bread (Ps 37:25; Is 1:19), therefore they will be able to sate people around them with the Bread of Life and His provisions (Ps 23:1,5; John 6:35,48).

4 – As they won’t have money to nurture animals, they don’t risk to have to pay for the damages caused by them. Even if, by any chance, they get some animal, they will praise the Lord (as it is enjoined in Psalms 150:6).

6 – As they know how sacred is the home, never they will cheat their spouse, let alone will get entangles in affairs.

7 – They won’t need money or works to be saved because Jesus already redeemed us (1Cor 6:19).

You can to be posing this question: “but, and if the poor doesn’t accept Jesus?”.

If, instead of relinquishing their misery and hang on to Jesus Christ, they persist on clinging on the paltry things, certainly they won’t hear the threats and rebukes that Jesus send to them in order to give them opportunity to repent, convert and be saved (see 2Tim 2:25,26).

So, have a good day having Jesus as your only richness. This will make easy for you abiding by this:

• “Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness: when your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years. Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways. So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)” (Heb 3:7-11).