What is better: have means to get rid of the evil or don’t experiment any evil? (Part 1).

Leonardo von Dolinger

May 28, 2021
UBERLÂNDIA
✟207,924.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What is better: have means to get rid of the evil or don’t experiment any evil? (Part 1).

• “The ransom of a man's life is his riches; But the poor heareth no threatening.” (Pro 13:8).

See below some examples of people who were spared in virtue of their wealth:

• “But ten men were found among them who said to Ishmael, Do not kill us, for we have treasures in the field, of wheat, and of barley, and of oil, and of honey. So he held back and did not kill them among their brothers.” (Jer 41:8);
• “A treaty between you and me, as there was between my father and your father. Behold, I have sent you silver and gold. Go, break your treaty with Baasha king of Israel, so that he may depart from me.” (2Ch 16:3);
• “And Joash king of Judah took all the holy things which Jehoshaphat and Jehoram and Ahaziah, his fathers, kings of Judah, had dedicated, and his own holy things, and all the gold found in the treasures of the house of Jehovah, and in the king's house, and sent it to Hazael king of Syria. And he went away from Jerusalem.” (2Ki 12:18).

Indeed, the Holy Scripture says:

• “A man's gift makes room for him, and brings him before great men.” (Pro 18:16).

Also, we can see that, when a rich is in danger:

• by diseases, he can procure healing medicines;
• by famine, he can get food to preserve it;
• by muggers, he can pay his rescue.

In the Holy Scripture, there is this example of someone being rescued physically by money:

• “But if the ox were wont to push with his horn in time past, and it hath been testified to his owner, and he hath not kept him in, but that he hath killed a man or a woman; the ox shall be stoned, and his owner also shall be put to death. If there be laid on him a sum of money, then he shall give for the ransom of his life whatsoever is laid upon him.” (Exo 21:29,30).

Nevertheless, there are cases wherein no money will be sufficient:

• “But whoso committeth adultery with a woman lacketh understanding: he that doeth it destroyeth his own soul. A wound and dishonour shall he get; and his reproach shall not be wiped away. For jealousy is the rage of a man: therefore he will not spare in the day of vengeance. He will not regard any ransom; neither will he rest content, though thou givest many gifts.” (Pro 6:32-35).

Alike, with no money someone can redeem their spiritual life:

• “None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him: (For the redemption of their soul is precious, and it ceaseth for ever:) that he should still live for ever, and not see corruption.” (Psa 49:7-9).

It comes the question:

• “Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?” (Mar 8:37).

So, have a good day being careful of the sin and investing your life in the true richness and storing them in the right place (that is to say, in the heaven – Mat 7:19-21).