Seoul
✟8,064.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello, I'm a Korean student who enjoys emo. Recently, I watched the 3 emo bands : Emery, Hawthorne Heights and Silverstein in 'BadChristian' homepage. It seemed like a record label. Emery was like a main band in this record, and JT and Shane told (The main vocals of the rest bands) talked in this label's podcast.

So my question is, are those bands still Christians ? Because I don't know what the meaning of the label is, and whether it's literally 'Bad christian' or not.

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
You will receive different, sometimes opposing, answers here.

This is what I believe. There are no bad Christians. God's intent is to make us people who do good.

Bible, Titus 2
11 For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people. 12 It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, 13 while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, 14 who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.

Those who pretend to be Christians but aren't transformed by God, don't obey Him. They are called hypocrites. In other words, they aren't really Christians.

New Christians might not know everything God expects of us. If you see then doing wrong, they need to learn what is right.

Upvote 0

snvkd4tp

Dec 7, 2019
Seoul
✟8,064.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello, I'm a Korean student who enjoys emo. Recently, I watched the 3 emo bands : Emery, Hawthorne Heights and Silverstein in 'BadChristian' homepage. It seemed like a record label. Emery was like a main band in this record, and JT and Shane told (The main vocals of the rest bands) talked in this label's podcast.

So my question is, are those bands still Christians ? Because I don't know what the meaning of the label is, and whether it's literally 'Bad christian' or not.

Umm ok. So..... what's the main purpose of this podcast? I just wonder

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,648.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The claims of the people in Emery are that they're Christians, but not perfect Christians, and they celebrate that they're not perfect Christians, and they like to showcase how God is at work using and sanctifying imperfect Christians. I think they take the celebration angle a bit too far myself, but they do have a point with some of the stuff they do. This is basically what you get when enough people aren't well-adjusted - a backlash that is also not well-adjusted.

Upvote 0