Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Have you ever seen a UFO? I did when I was a boy and this podcast of mine tells the story of how my sister and her husband saw one.

Recently there has been a new rash of UFO sightings and with them the usual speculation about aliens and life forms from other planets.

The mistake in thinking about UFOs is to treat the phenomenon with a purely materialistic and mechanistic mindset. This is to view the phenomena purely through our own preconceptions about reality. In other words, “Because we have airplanes and rocketships and modern technology we assume beings from other planets must have similar aircraft but better and more advanced.”

I think this is nonsense. Instead I hold to the opinion expressed by the author Patrick Harpur in his book Daimonic Reality that there is a realm of reality that is between the purely supernatural and natural/physical realms. This in between realm is neither materialistic in the hard scientifically verifiable sense, nor is it purely invisible and spiritual in the angelic sense.

Instead this realm is the realm of the collective unconscious, and in it and from it all sorts of paranormal beings emerge. They are real products ot the human collective mind, if you will so they really “exist” but neither in the empirical sense nor the angelic invisible sense. These beings can emerge into the material realm and we can really “see” them. They might register on our senses and our technology. They might even leave scorch marks on the grass, footprints or other relics of their visitations but Harpur says you will never actually capture a Yeti, a leprechaun, an alien or a chupacabra.

Continued below.
What is a UFO? | Fr. Dwight Longenecker

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,840.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I've seen a UFO several times in the same area. A reddish hovering light that moves around like a drone, but then goes upward until it disappears from view.

I suspect these are probably the high-speed aerial equivalents of our Martian Rover. But... there seem to be a lot of them.

Upvote 0

Points To Ponder

The Scriptures are the foundation of my faith.
May 2, 2021
Houston
✟24,155.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I think we first need to realize that most of our thoughts and images of Aliens and UFOs are based upon fictional characterizations we have been exposed to by entertainment media. If we start fresh and only reference the Bible for our understanding of the obvious unknown objects that I think are indisputable today we can have a better understanding of what they are.

IMHO it's clear that what we are seeing is demonic and not some little green men living on another planet. If you study the body of references within the Bible, collect all of that data into one document it's almost impossible to think otherwise. I will give references for you to see for yourself as we should all study the scriptures for our views. NKJV

First the obvious. Ezekiels Vision in Ezekiel 1:4-28
I think it's clear what he is describing and fits with many witnesses' accounts of UFOs.

Where are Satan and his demons hanging out? IMHO the scriptures tell me that they are in two places. In the 2nd Heaven (under the sea of glass) and on earth. Remember Paul caught up to the 3rd Heaven.
2 Corinthians 12:2
Revelation 4:6 (Sea of Glass)
Revelation 15:2 (Heaven above the Sea of Glass)
Daniel 10:13-20 (The Angel had to fight Satan for 21 days in the 2nd Heaven before reaching Daniel on earth)
Job 2:2 (Satan going to and fro to earth)

Revelation 12:4 Satan his tail drew a third of the "stars" of heaven and threw them to the earth. Are the stars Satans fallen Angels? Is that what we are seeing now? An uptick in UFO sightings. Will Satan try to deceive the world that the rapture was caused by aliens? If you look at Revelation 9:1 a fallen "star" is given the keys to the bottomless pit. This is why I think that the third of "stars" in Revelation 12:4 are fallen Angels. It can't be a literal star/planet/meteor.

I'm not surprised about how many UFOs are spotted out in the Sea. This should not be difficult to understand when looking at the body of evidence in the Bible regarding Satan and Demons in the deep sea.
Ezekiel 28:2 (midst of the seas)
Ezekiel 28:8 (Pit midst of the seas. note the Pit is in the midst of the sea)
Daniel 7:2-3 (from the sea)
Isaiah 14:12-17 (Sheol, LOWEST DEPTHS, house of prisoners)
Jonah 2:6 (note Jonah's description of the PIT and it's location)
Revelation 5:11-13 (voices of living creatures in the sea)
Revelation 11:7 (bottomless PIT - gloomy pit of darkness, Abyss)
Revelation 12:12 (inhabitants of the seas)
Revelation 13:1 (the beast, rising out of the sea)
2 Peter 2:4 (Angels cast to Tartarus, gloomy pit of darkness, dark prison) (Can Satan visit but not free them)
1 Peter 3:19 (Spirits in Prison) Remember Ezekiel 28:8 (pit is in the sea)
Job 41:1-8 (Leviathan (Satan) can you snare him with a hook? hook is used for fishing, in the sea, a harpoon? harpoons are used for things in the water, fishing spear? clearly referring to something in the sea)
Job 41:31-33 (deep boil? makes the sea boil? a shining wake? (witnesses report UFO with lights underwater moving fast leaving a streak of light)

My view is that we are seeing "Signs and Wonders" and there will be deceiving Spirits communicating doctrines of demons 1 Timothy 4:1
Revelation 9 (a star from heaven will be given the key to the bottomless pit where Demons (spirit beings) as locusts will be released.

Many Theologians teach that Tartarus and Hades are in the depths of the earth (could this be under the depths of the oceans?). That God has bound the worse of the fallen Angels there (the prison). If so are we to believe that Satan could not go there with other demons but not have the power to release them? I think our taught image of how a demon looks makes it hard to view as something highly intelligent in some type of space craft that Ezekiel clearly sees in his vision. I think we should understand as much as we can digest so NOT to be deceived as 1 Timothy 4:1 tells us. It will also help us "see the day approaching" HEBREWS 10:25

We each need to study the scriptures to gather our understanding of all things.

Last edited:
Upvote 0