JoyJuice

Senior Veteran
Aug 8, 2006
✟20,965.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Others
But it is a flawed point. To those on the left anyone who admits to being a Christian is labeled as a religious extremist, and anyone who admits to being either a Conservative or a Republican is labeled as a racist. This is intentionally done in an effort to silence the opposition, and whether by design or through ignorance Lifer is promoting that ideal.

With all due respect, that is nonsense. The vast majority of the "left" ARE Christians. The rest is more nonsense. It has just been the since the election of you know who, they have come more out the woodwork.

The GOP is being manipulated by fear, in that you are correct. However in case some here have yet to realize it I am not a cheerleader for the Republican party. I am a Conservative. As such I take issue with the point made, as it has little grounding in reality and is promoted in an effort to fragment the party. Something the Republicans seem quite willing to fall prey to.
Everyone, even "leftists" are conservative on some matters. I kind of see it this way. I am not going to argue the vast majority of the GOP are not people who are white and of age, the polls bear this out as true, I just think ( and again IMHO) they feel a little threatened by the changing demographics. We see the innuendo all the time. And I don't mean just race, I mean sexual orientation and drive to enforce legally the separation of state and church.

Upvote 0
S

Savior2006

But it is a flawed point. To those on the left anyone who admits to being a Christian is labeled as a religious extremist,

Not at all true. A majority of Democrats are Christians and we vote in people (like Obama and Clinton) who identify as Christian.

and anyone who admits to being either a Conservative or a Republican is labeled as a racist.

Which is also wrong. I've seen plenty of debates, here on CF and in the media, where nothing of the sort happens. It's not just "anyone."

Upvote 0