What is a healthy view of sex ?( personal/mature)

trackstacks

May 15, 2012
✟10,346.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sadly I am in a situation where for the first time in my life, I have met someone I can truly be with, unfortunately if we were to get married, she would lose a huge chunk of $$$ from her late husband pension. I would love to be committed to her but our choices are either financial destruction, saying goodbye or getting our faces smashed in by God because of that scripture if it is accurate. Not a happy camper. I'm really torn, don;t want to do anything wrong but neither do i want to be alone forever. Maybe religion is stupid....

Upvote 0

BukiRob

Dec 14, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
✟50,619.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Sadly I am in a situation where for the first time in my life, I have met someone I can truly be with, unfortunately if we were to get married, she would lose a huge chunk of $$$ from her late husband pension. I would love to be committed to her but our choices are either financial destruction, saying goodbye or getting our faces smashed in by God because of that scripture if it is accurate. Not a happy camper. I'm really torn, don;t want to do anything wrong but neither do i want to be alone forever. Maybe religion is stupid....

You do realize that the marriage license is a CIVIL contract. It is NOT what makes you married in G-d's eyes. If you speak with your pastor or Rabbi I am sure that they can make an accommodation. What makes you married in the eyes of Adonai is twofold. #1 the public declaration before your local church/synagogue and the consummation of the marriage. The CIVIL contract is what the state looks at for deciding division of assets

Upvote 0

MustardSeeed

Ambivert
Mar 7, 2017
canada
✟40,822.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You do realize that the marriage license is a CIVIL contract. It is NOT what makes you married in G-d's eyes. If you speak with your pastor or Rabbi I am sure that they can make an accommodation. What makes you married in the eyes of Adonai is twofold. #1 the public declaration before your local church/synagogue and the consummation of the marriage. The CIVIL contract is what the state looks at for deciding division of assets

We are to abide in the laws of where we are. Let's see what the scriptures say shall we?

"Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour" Romans 13:7

Same reason why we pay taxes to our government. If you live in North America marriage = "a piece of paper" but more so a legal vow. You can't just say "we're married" and start playing house. There's a reason why we need witnesses when we go to a court house. What do they call playing house these days? Oh yeah "Common-law"

Upvote 0

BukiRob

Dec 14, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
✟50,619.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
We are to abide in the laws of where we are. Let's see what the scriptures say shall we?

"Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour" Romans 13:7

Same reason why we pay taxes to our government. If you live in North America marriage = "a piece of paper" but more so a legal vow. You can't just say "we're married" and start playing house. There's a reason why we need witnesses when we go to a court house. What do they call playing house these days? Oh yeah "Common-law"

I completely and totally disagree with you. Marriage is not spoken of as a civil matter in scripture. It is always viewed from the spiritual perspective.

Your line of reasoning might have merit with the exception of the fact that in most states people who cohabitate for a long enough period of time are treated as a "civil union" by the "State." As such your citing of Romans 13:7 is not pertinent here.

You are making the mistake of placing greater value on the CIVIL contract vs the SPIRITUAL reality of marriage.

By the way, it is UTTERLY and COMPLETELY disingenuous of you to categorize what I said as "playing marriage" Try reading what I actually wrote instead of projecting your own thought as a replacement for what I actually said.

1) A public declaration in front of your local body.
2) A Marriage ceremony in front of your local body.

Finally, no matter how hard you try to distort the truth, G-d defines marriage as a man leaving his mother and father and cleaving to his wife. (Consummation) No where does he decree that there should be a civil contract.

Upvote 0

MustardSeeed

Ambivert
Mar 7, 2017
canada
✟40,822.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I completely and totally disagree with you. Marriage is not spoken of as a civil matter in scripture. It is always viewed from the spiritual perspective.

Your line of reasoning might have merit with the exception of the fact that in most states people who cohabitate for a long enough period of time are treated as a "civil union" by the "State." As such your citing of Romans 13:7 is not pertinent here.

You are making the mistake of placing greater value on the CIVIL contract vs the SPIRITUAL reality of marriage.

By the way, it is UTTERLY and COMPLETELY disingenuous of you to categorize what I said as "playing marriage" Try reading what I actually wrote instead of projecting your own thought as a replacement for what I actually said.

1) A public declaration in front of your local body.
2) A Marriage ceremony in front of your local body.

Finally, no matter how hard you try to distort the truth, G-d defines marriage as a man leaving his mother and father and cleaving to his wife. (Consummation) No where does he decree that there should be a civil contract.

Agree to disagree

Upvote 0