Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Read about most any disease and you'll invariably come upon the suggestion that a "healthy lifestyle" can be helpful in mitigating them. But what is a healthy lifestyle? Are there any nitty-gritty fundamentals that one can use? And how do you know if you are indeed living a healthy lifestyle?

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,959.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Read about most any disease and you'll invariably come upon the suggestion that a "healthy lifestyle" can be helpful in mitigating them. But what is a healthy lifestyle? Are there any nitty-gritty fundamentals that one can use? And how do you know if you are indeed living a healthy lifestyle?
Exercise, hydration and food (not too much, mostly veg), positive social contact, something rewarding to focus on.

Boom.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟796,996.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Includes -
A neurosugeon, Dr Avery Jackson, who has written "God's Prescription Book" has a chapter on the some benefits of laughter. Our bodies benefit whether it's an authentic laugh or when we make ourselves laugh.
Laughter, joy, and exercise affect the same receptors that pain does. A merry heart improves our immune system.

"..a broken spirit drieth the bones."
But
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: ..." Pro 17:22

Last edited:
Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟149,739.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Everything take or do in a moderation.

Any extremes are usually harmful, in any area of life.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Extremes are often needed to solve a problem. Those 600 pound folks on that tv show are put on an extreme diet in order to save their lives.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Or slightly more exercise than "moderation". It's best to exercise slightly more thn comfortable to improve fitness.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Not needed in a moderation from the beginning.

It's too late for those folks. They're put on a high protein, low carb diet of 1200 calories. That's extreme, but necessary.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • My research indicates that the key to health is digestion. The common term 'healthy diet' is understood to mean what one eats, not how or how much.

JS: I'm on a rather limited diet due to health issues I'm working on. Still I exercise five times a week 1/2 hour per exercise. It includes weight lifting (resistance training), aerobics, and stretching exercises.

I mention this because last year I went in for tests because of my diet and was shocked to find my immunity markers were excellent. So exercise is important, really important.

• Agree
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0