✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
From the Statement of Purpose page for this forum:

"Prepping is the act of preparing for catastrophic events (war, terrorist attacks), natural disasters (earthquakes, tornados, hurricanes, extended drought), and tribulations - Biblical or non-Biblical. The hope is, that in real life, Christian believers would then share their efforts and work towards building local communities of Christian Preppers who will help each other, and help the needy in the event that trouble comes. It is also to encourage Christians to be good stewards and learn self-reliance from government or corporate help in regards to daily life (i.e. power, food, water). This can include ways to make or do things yourself - DIY."

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I have no idea what this is, could somebody tell me?

That would depend on what you are "prepping" for. It means one thing is you are preparing for the apocalypse, but something else altogether, when preparing for a colonoscopy. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: “Paisios”
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That would depend on what you are "prepping" for. It means one thing is you are preparing for the apocalypse, but something else altogether, when preparing for a colonoscopy. ;)
I am not sure of the difference...

• Informative
Reactions: Petros2015
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Prepping, in most cases, is what people do when it is too late... on the eve of the hurricaine, the day after the earthquake, or the day of the crash. They panic prep. Everyone is a prepper... whether it be over a period of years before, or in the hours surrounding the calamity. It is what you wish you had done.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: PRESIDIO
Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I had honestly never heard of this term. I guess I never thought about it. Now that I am becoming a first time mother in October, I am thinking of everything. Like the weather is getting worse all over it seems. We live in an apartment in a building probably from the 1900's when this city was being built. If the tornado sirens go off, my hubby usually gets ready to chase one, and I go a block down to my friend's house, because she has a basement. Let me see, for a fire we have windows and an extinguisher outside the front door. I think there is an escape ladder, but have no idea how to operate it. Stuff to think about.

For armageddon, if it turns out to be mid trib, since Revelations is a difficult book to understand, Id probably go to my church family and help where I can and do what they say to do with my husband and daughter, unless my husband has any ideas...

Good stuff to think about. For some reason I was thinking pep rallies when I saw the title. Lol. Not poking fun. But now I know what a prep rally is and may stick around and learn a few things.

Reactions: SavedByGrace3
Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I traveled to Texas to see my sister right before (I think) hurricane sandy hit, because I didn't watch the weather before leaving...so yeh... Preparing is something to think about with a daughter on the way.

Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I had honestly never heard of this term. I guess I never thought about it. Now that I am becoming a first time mother in October, I am thinking of everything. Like the weather is getting worse all over it seems. We live in an apartment in a building probably from the 1900's when this city was being built. If the tornado sirens go off, my hubby usually gets ready to chase one, and I go a block down to my friend's house, because she has a basement. Let me see, for a fire we have windows and an extinguisher outside the front door. I think there is an escape ladder, but have no idea how to operate it. Stuff to think about.

For armageddon, if it turns out to be mid trib, since Revelations is a difficult book to understand, Id probably go to my church family and help where I can and do what they say to do with my husband and daughter, unless my husband has any ideas...

Good stuff to think about. For some reason I was thinking pep rallies when I saw the title. Lol. Not poking fun. But now I know what a prep rally is and may stick around and learn a few things.

Congratulations on the upcoming arrival of your child! Lots of changes coming in your life and most of them good.

As far as prepping in the midst of all this change, take it slowly, as new parenthood (and prepping) can get expensive and stressful - don't take on everything for prepping at once, but take slow steps...and don't forget baby specific needs when considering things.

Upvote 0

Gaz54au

Apr 23, 2017
Tenterfield
✟12,444.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I like the word Preparedness over prepping and yet they go together, I know they are similar but for me as a Christian being prepared is being faithful to Gods word. (for example: Proverbs 6:6, Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise:)
For me preparedness is the thinking and praying part where as prepping is the doing. Like an insurance policy prepping is have the tangible assets to survive, it may cost more than Home insurance but at least you will be able to feed and look after your family with prepping insurance.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums