Shubunkin

Antiochian Orthodox Christian
Jun 18, 2005
✟17,565.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
One of my teenage daughters informed us last night that one of her friends parents has been supplying their daughter with pot and partying with her regularly!!!

IS OUTRAGE!

....and I am not joking about that!
Well I have seen that, and worse. I know of one girl in her early twenties all she's ever known is drugs around the house. She was in horrible shape, because her parents used everything they could get a hold of and used it around her. She was an addict without having a chance at a childhood at all. She was on meth, cocaine, etc., every intravenous drug available, and a mere 22 years of age by the time she got sent to jail. Her grandmother took custody of her, but physically she was in awful condition. It may have been too late, even then.

Upvote 0

OnTheWay

Nov 21, 2005
✟6,746.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
There are many weapons, espeically hand guns, with triggers designed to require very minimial pressure to discharge. Tactical pistols need to be able to discharge without great efforts to take advantage of the weapon's full capabilities. These weapons tend to be as popular with criminals as they are with military and LE, and it's really not great surprise a 2 year old could discharge one.

Upvote 0

Shubunkin

Jun 18, 2005
✟17,565.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
There are many weapons, espeically hand guns, with triggers designed to require very minimial pressure to discharge. Tactical pistols need to be able to discharge without great efforts to take advantage of the weapon's full capabilities. These weapons tend to be as popular with criminals as they are with military and LE, and it's really not great surprise a 2 year old could discharge one.
That was my question... thank you for answering. Then either way, this was no accident. The parents are in custody, by the way. This was a .38 pistol, if the news had that info right.

Upvote 0

TrueHope

Senior Veteran
Mar 11, 2007
Visit site
✟10,944.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
One of my teenage daughters informed us last night that one of her friends parents has been supplying their daughter with pot and partying with her regularly!!!

IS OUTRAGE!

....and I am not joking about that!
Sigh....It breaks my heart to see news like this.

When I was in High school I knew no-one who did drugs and had no idea what anything was....THEN, I moved out at 18 and the first day....BAM...then...I moved to Boston...which seemed to me the Pot capital of the world...everyone had been doing it with their parents since they were teens...I was an alien on the planet!!! It makes me sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sick:

Not only that, parents of people I knew, were not only smoking pot, but teaching them the heavy drinks. To this day, I have no idea what to order if I go out...I am the ONLY one who stares at the waiter or bar tender with a "Duh":sorry: expression. I am grateful for that. So grateful.

That poor poor baby! I have no words...just sheer sadness!

This whole topic makes me go GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR:mad:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shubunkin

Jun 18, 2005
✟17,565.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
That poor poor baby! I have no words...just sheer sadness!

This whole topic makes me go GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR:mad:

Me too, and this happened in our area. :cry: The little girl didn't have a chance. I hope her little two month old sister will, now this has been uncovered.

Upvote 0

Prawnik

Pit Bull Terrier
Nov 1, 2004
✟17,275.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Taking what On The Way said into account, most pistols are also fairly heavy for a two-year-old to even pick up, much less to manage to shoot its little self.

Either way, the issue of weight and trigger pressure are something that any forensics lab ought to be able to solve. Until then, something here stinks.

Upvote 0

TrueHope

Senior Veteran
Mar 11, 2007
Visit site
✟10,944.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Isn't a .38 called a Saturday Night Special? I now can't get that Lynard Skynard tune out of my head.....and the lyrics are truly sad.
Then I, for one, am glad I do not know that song.

I lived in a really rough area with a lot of drugs and rapes and such...teens having babies etc....I do not miss that one bit. I used to watch babies...literal toddlers walking the streets in only their diapers and barefoot on the streets after midnight in the cold night air...where were their parents???? Most likely doing partying....the police were overwhelmed to say the least.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Slambo

Aug 23, 2007
✟7,904.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The article said it was a .380 automatic. I've owned a few of those and most weigh less than 2 pounds, some little more than 1 pound. As OTW said, many handguns have light trigger pulls. Some, such as competition guns are so easy to fire that they aren't loaded until you get in position at the bench.

The term "Saturday Night Special" refers to any handgun that is obtained by shady means.

As far as this tragedy, there aren't words to express how aweful it is.

Lord have mercy. :cry:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.