What if?

C

cupid dave

Why do you think they're called fallen angels? or demons?

... fine if you see it that way.

I try to see science and academics back up the scriptures.

So the sons of god was that line of ascent that led to us, the mighty ones.

Science confirms that we (our ancestors or previous species) have had sex with lower human forms and that we carry their genes in our blood.
So that is the basis for my bracketed comments.

Nevertheless, the point is that Hamirabi is wrong in suggesting the bible can be understood without discussions like this.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So the sons of god was that line of ascent that led to us, the mighty ones.
No -- sons of God are angels -- period.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Gabriel, Michael, Lucifer and a host of others.

There are two types of angels: fallen and unfallen.

Of the fallen, there are two types: chained and unchained.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

My bros Peter and Paul were chained :sorry:

Search for 'Genesis 1:1' in the version

NKJV) Acts 12:6 And when Herod was about to bring him out, that night Peter was sleeping, bound with two chains between two soldiers; and the guards before the door were keeping the prison.

NKJV) Acts 21:32 He immediately took soldiers and centurions, and ran down to them. And when they saw the commander and the soldiers, they stopped beating Paul.
33 Then the commander came near and took him, and commanded [him] to be bound with two chains; and he asked who he was and what he had done.

But here, Paul appears to be speaking of a different type of chain:

NKJV) Acts 28:20 "For this reason therefore I have called for you, to see [you] and speak with [you,] because for the hope of Israel I am bound with this chain."

images

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yes, but not with dark matter, and not done by God, Himself.
I suppose God wanted Paul to experience the same thing he was doing to the converted saints before he himself was converted to Jesus.
But he also made converts preaching the Gospel of Christ while in prison and in Rome. :)

Acts 26:9 "Indeed, I myself thought I must do many things contrary to the name of Jesus of Nazareth.
10 "This I also did in Jerusalem, and many of the saints I shut up in prison, having received authority from the chief priests; and when they were put to death, I cast my vote against [them.]
11 "And I punished them often in every synagogue and compelled [them] to blaspheme; and being exceedingly enraged against them, I persecuted [them] even to foreign cities.

Upvote 0
H

Huram Abi

]

LOL

EVERY bible commentary "explains" what this verse means... according to them, of course.

Tell me what it means to you.

Fill in the parenthetical comments right in the context so I can see what you think this verse is saying.

Read it without any addition and you will see what I think it is saying. Plainly, what the writer wrote. No more, no less.

But, if you want me to engage in the exercise of taking knowledge of some historical event and cramming it into the scripture so I can say "aha! The bible is literally correct!" I certainly can. It will be no closer to the actual context of the scripture than you get, but it can be done in numerous ways.

Gen. 6:2That the sons of God (Spaniards[who were technologically more advanced, coming from the Old World]) saw the daughters of men (Aztecs[the primitive people of less sophistication]) , they took them wives of all which they chose(raped and plundered, even their women, with no discretion, because of their dominance).

Gen. 6:4 There were giant (ships bringing many from the Old World) , in the earth (New World) in those days(do I really need to give an explanation here?); and also after that(the Spanish Inquisition), when the sons of God (Spaniards, bearing the testimony of Christ) came in unto the daughters of men (pagan Aztecs), and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men (Spanish speaking natives with knowledge of Truth) which were of old, men of renown(Catholics).

Pretty easy, actually. One culture overcoming and dominating another is no one-time event. This story is told many tmes. But you missed the whole point because you were trying to give a specific form to a universal struggle facing all tribes and nations.

Last edited:
Reactions: Naraoia
Upvote 0

Naraoia

Apprentice Biologist
Sep 30, 2007
On edge
Visit site
✟15,998.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Of course.
But be reasonable.
*snort*

Gen. 6:4 There were (short but massive and strong Early Homo erectus), giants...
Being reasonable apparently means redefining giants to be short :confused:

Can we please both speak English as it's commonly used in the early 21th century?

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
*snort*
Gen. 6:4 There were (short but massive and strong Early Homo erectus), giants...
Can we please both speak English as it's commonly used in the early 21th century?
I would be leery about posting anything concerning "erectus" here on CF :D

Upvote 0

Naraoia

Apprentice Biologist
Sep 30, 2007
On edge
Visit site
✟15,998.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I would be leery about posting anything concerning "erectus" here on CF :D
Haven't got into trouble for it so far :)

If someone is infantile enough to report a post for mentioning a scientific name that isn't technically a swear word and isn't even used in a context where it could have dodgy connotations, I would hope the mods will just laugh at it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If someone is infantile enough to report a post for mentioning a scientific name that isn't technically a swear word and isn't even used in a context where it could have dodgy connotations, I would hope the mods will just laugh at it.
I agree.

Upvote 0
C

cupid dave

Read it without any addition and you will see what I think it is saying. Plainly, what the writer wrote. No more, no less.

But, if you want me to engage in the exercise of taking knowledge of some historical event and cramming it into the scripture so I can say "aha! The bible is literally correct!" I certainly can. It will be no closer to the actual context of the scripture than you get, but it can be done in numerous ways.

Gen. 6:2That the sons of God (Spaniards[who were technologically more advanced, coming from the Old World]) saw the daughters of men (Aztecs[the primitive people of less sophistication]) , they took them wives of all which they chose(raped and plundered, even their women, with no discretion, because of their dominance).

Gen. 6:4 There were giant (ships bringing many from the Old World) , in the earth (New World) in those days(do I really need to give an explanation here?); and also after that(the Spanish Inquisition), when the sons of God (Spaniards, bearing the testimony of Christ) came in unto the daughters of men (pagan Aztecs), and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men (Spanish speaking natives with knowledge of Truth) which were of old, men of renown(Catholics).

Pretty easy, actually. One culture overcoming and dominating another is no one-time event. This story is told many tmes. But you missed the whole point because you were trying to give a specific form to a universal struggle facing all tribes and nations.

Yes, now you are thinking rationally and without reaction to other ideas that do not initially appeal to you.

The verse MUST mean something to the reader, and as you two fellows have evidenced, it COULD mean anhels or it might mean Spaniards.

Another idea that is the foundation for a satanic bible reading concerns this verse pertaining to Aliens.

The point of such hypothesis is to get on the table the best ideas and compare.

What we need look for is that one idea which had concrete rational, academic and even scientific support for understanding the interpretation which can also be supported elsewhere, Sola Scripture.

Essentially, it is clear that the verse by itself is meaningless unless we do analyze its content in the context of the rest of the Bible.

Upvote 0
C

cupid dave

You invent the two types of angel idea to circumvent what Jesus said about angels who do NOT take wives.
There is no scripture to support this hypothesis is there?

As convinced as you may be, intellectual honesty would demand we consider Harami's Spaniards and the Alien ideas on equal footing with your own guess.

In the mix is what I propose:

That in fact, in the ascent of modern man, we now KNOW that inbreeding did take place.
This happened before all other humanoids disappeared, leaving only modern man, who can accept Christ and evolve into sins of God, universally:

sethtonoah

Upvote 0
C

cupid dave

The idea is scientifically supported.

Genesis tells us that Adam was a "kind" of humanoid (Gen 5:2) from which 22 more, now extinct, human-types evolved (see genealogy).

This interpretation is supported by Gen 6.
There, inbreeding is clearly implied between a lesser and a greater "kind" of humanoid in our ascent Out-of-Africa as the sole form of man on the planet now.

Further, we ARE changing into the new creatures, the sons of God:

John 1:12
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You invent the two types of angel idea to circumvent what Jesus said about angels who do NOT take wives.
I beg your pardon?
Angels fall into two categories: the “unfallen” angels and the fallen angels.
SOURCE
We believe angels are spiritual beings who were created as sinless personalities and that they occupy different orders and ranks. They presently exist in both fallen and unfallen states, the former including Satan and his angels.
SOURCE

What does your basic doctrine say about them?
There is no scripture to support this hypothesis is there?
Yes.

Jude 6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
Adam Clarke's Commentary said:
This is spoken of those generally termed the fallen angels;
Albert Barnes' NT Commentary said:
Here it refers to the rank and dignity which the angels had in heaven. That rank or pre-eminence they did not keep, but fell from it.
John Wesley's Notes said:
When these fallen angels came out of the hands of God, they were holy; else God made that which was evil:
Peoples' NT Commentary said:
These angels, then, had fallen. Created holy, they had sinned and become wicked angels, or evil spirits.
Don't bother apologizing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So rude, AV.
Ya -- I'm falsely accused -- yet, in spite of it, I defend myself -- and I'm the rude one, aren't I?

You guys remind me of the joke about a cute girl on the beach with a milquetoast, and a muscular guy comes along and kicks sand in his face and walks off with the girl. Later, the milquetoast takes a body-building course, gets well-muscled, goes back to the beach and punches the other guy out, only to have his [former] girlfriend accuse him of being a bully.

Upvote 0
C

cupid dave

I beg your pardon?
SOURCE
SOURCE

.[/COLOR]

Don't bother apologizing.

?
You refer me to a site that argues the case you made about angels and then assert that you people who hold to such argument are absolutely correct.

Please give me ONE VERSE of scripture that says angels marry wives, in order that we may correct jesus:

Matthew 22:30
For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

Upvote 0
C

cupid dave

I

What does your basic doctrine say about them?

Yes.

Jude 6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

LPL

That says there ARE fallen angels.
Sure,...

Agreed.

Where DOES it tell us that fallen angels marry wives???????

HERE IS SOLA SCRIPTURE TO BACK ME UP:

Mark 12:25
For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.

Upvote 0