On edge
Visit site
✟15,998.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Oh sorry! For some reason I thought you were a YEC. :blush::sorry:
If that was supposed to be funny, I didn't get the joke.

Of course...

If we read what Genesis actually says, and if we ignore what the church people have been saying for centuries, then Adam was a species.

Genesis 5:2 Male and female created he THEM; and blessed THEM, and called THEIR name Adam, in the day when THEY were created
Two people is "them" :p

Upvote 0
C

cupid dave

They are under the law, the church is under Grace. Soon the church age or the age of Grace will be coming to an end. I know what is going to happen and have known for 10 years now. I try not to talk about it though. But others are starting to talk about it.

I agree.

The muslims essential became like the Jews.
Both Jew and muslim are anti-Christ resurrection/son-of-God, and both are under The Sharia Law.

The Law is basically the same law of the primitive Hebrews in the days of Moses.

But remember.
Neither are the pagans which was the enemy of God and the patriarchs of the Old Testament.
Both are one step away from the New Testament, too.

All three are monotheistic, the Jews, the muslims, and the Christians who still argue just which denomination the messiah will acknowledge.

Upvote 0
H

Huram Abi

Or, you know, Adam and Eve... :doh:

You're having a great conversation there :D

On the floor of Tokyo
Or down in London town to go, go
With the record selection
And the mirror's reflection
I'm dancing with myself

When there's no-one else in sight
In the crowded lonely night
Well I wait so long
For my love vibration
And I'm dancing with myself

Oh dancing with myself
Oh dancing with myself
Well there's nothing to lose
And there's nothing to prove
I'll be dancing with myself

If I looked all over the world
And there's every type of girl
But your empty eyes
Seem to pass me by
Leave me dancing with myself

So let's sink another drink
'Cause it'll give me time to think
If I had the chance
I'd ask the world to dance
And I'll be dancing with myself

Upvote 0
C

cupid dave

Two people is "them" :p

Of course.
But be reasonable.

The case for Genesis stating the facts we just discovered in this Age starts with the verse in Gen 5:2 that supports the 22 names in the genealogy as referring to evolution of modern man:

Consider other information found in Genesis which coincides with what we discovered in the last year or so.
It makes sense to go with this interpretation because it is spot in:

Gen. 6:2 That (line in the ascent of mankind, leading to the evolution of Christ-like men), the sons of God: [Matt 5:9; Jhn 1:12 ], (Methuselahian Modern Homo erectus, derived through the line of Seth, Eurasian Homo erectus), saw the daughters of men, (the sister species of Tubal-cain, Naamahians, a late stage Neanderthal), they took them wives of all which they chose.

Gen. 6:4 There were (short but massive and strong Early Homo erectus), giants, in the earth in those days; and also after that, when[/B] (the line in the ascent of mankind, leading to the evolution of Christ-like men), the sons of God, (Modern Homo erectus), came in unto the daughters of (now extinct) men, (Methusael or Early Homo erectus), and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men, (Lamech, Homo antecessor), which were of old, men of renown.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
H

Huram Abi

Gen. 6:2That the sons of God saw the daughters of men, they took them wives of all which they chose.

Gen. 6:4 There were giants, in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

*fixed

Upvote 0
C

cupid dave

How so?

Gen. 6:2That the sons of God (??????) saw the daughters of men (??????) , they took them wives of all which they chose.

Gen. 6:4 There were giants (??????) , in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God (??????) came in unto the daughters of men (??????) , and they bare children to them, the same (??????) became mighty men (??????) which were of old, men of renown.

Upvote 0
C

cupid dave

]
Why do you need the additions? No one else does. We can all read the scripture plainly.

You are bothered when your additions are removed because it changes the context? That should be a reality check for you.

LOL

EVERY bible commentary "explains" what this verse means... according to them, of course.

Tell me what it means to you.

Fill in the parenthetical comments right in the context so I can see what you think this verse is saying.

genesis

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Here -- let me help out a little:
Gen. 6:2That the sons of God (??????)
The "sons of God" here are angels.

You know how [complimentary] Hebrew poetry works, right?

A fact is stated, then restated using different terminology, so that the two are synonymous.

In the case of the "sons of God", notice what Job (poetry) says:

Job 38:6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
Job 38:7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

When the foundations of the earth were laid in Genesis 1:1, the morning stars/sons of God/angels were the eyewitnesses to this event, and even united in song together.

[sidenote] This included Lucifer. [/sidenote]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
C

cupid dave

Here -- let me help out a little:

The "sons of God" here are angels.\

[sidenote] This included Lucifer. [/sidenote]

OK/
Tell me more so I cam fill in the explanatory brackets below.

Gen. 6:2That the sons of God, (ANGELS), saw the daughters of men (?????), they took them wives of all which they chose.

Gen. 6:4 There were giants (??????) , in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God, (ANGELS), came in unto the daughters of men (??????) , and they bare children to them, the same (??????) became mighty men (??????) which were of old, men of renown.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
OK/
Tell me more so I cam fill in the explanatory brackets below.

Gen. 6:2That the sons of God, (ANGELS), saw the daughters of men (?????), they took them wives of all which they chose.

Gen. 6:4 There were giants (??????) , in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God, (ANGELS), came in unto the daughters of men (??????) , and they bare children to them, the same (??????) became mighty men (??????) which were of old, men of renown.
Alrighty.

Genesis 6:2 That the [angels] saw the [human women] and took them as wives.

Genesis 6:4 These [human women] gave birth to children who grew to be famous giants.

For clarity's sake, this is from the Good News Translation:

1 When people had spread all over the world, and daughters were being born,
2 some of the heavenly beings saw that these young women were beautiful, so they took the ones they liked.
3 Then the Lord said, I will not allow people to live forever; they are mortal. From now on they will live no longer than 120 years.
4 In those days, and even later, there were giants on the earth who were descendants of human women and the heavenly beings. They were the great heroes and famous men of long ago.

Upvote 0
C

cupid dave

Alrighty.

Genesis 6:2 That the [angels] saw the [human women] and took them as wives.

Genesis 6:4 These [human women] gave birth to children who grew to be famous giants.

KJV is always right:

Gen. 6:2 That the sons of God, (ANGELS), saw the daughters of men (human women), they took them wives of all which they chose.

Gen. 6:4 There were giants (??????), in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God, (ANGELS), came in unto the daughters of men (human women), and they bare children to them, the same (??????) became mighty men (??????) which were of old, men of renown.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
NOTE:

Matthew 22:30
For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.
Why do you think they're called fallen angels? or demons?

Upvote 0