United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by Jazer
The Hebrews over at that University in Jerusalam take that stuff very serious. The DNA shows us exactly what the Bible tells us. Abraham had two sons: One with Hagar the handmaid egyptian and the other son with Sarah his wife. That is why when it comes to Y-DNA the Arabs and the Hebrews have almost identical DNA.

You may not know it from the Scientific articals, but this is hot stuff over in the middle east where there are so many battles over the land and who owns the land.
I seem to recall the Apostle Paul mentioned her in the NT/NC of the Bible

Galatian 4:24 which things is an allegory. For these are the two Covenants, one indeed from mount Sinai into servitude generating who-any is Hagar
30 but what saith the writing? 'be casting out! the maid-servant and the son of her....
[Genesis 21:10]

http://www.christianforums.com/t7411599-12/#post53645900
Galatian 4:24

Upvote 0

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Wait. "The earth was created before the sun and stars in the span of a day" does not actively disagree with "The earth was formed from a protoplanetary disc around a collapsing protostar that included material from previous generations of stars over millions of years".

Ehhem...
Oh sorry! For some reason I thought you were a YEC. :blush::sorry:

Upvote 0
I seem to recall the Apostle Paul mentioned her in the NT/NC of the Bible Galatian 4:24 which things is an allegory. For these are the two Covenants, one indeed from mount Sinai into servitude generating who-any is Hagar 30 but what saith the writing? 'be casting out! the maid-servant and the son of her....[Genesis 21:10]
I do not even try to explain to people the covenant God has with the Arab nations. Even though they ask about it all the time.

Upvote 0
H

Huram Abi

Here is the email response I got from Richard Milner in regard to the title of the book "The Last Human: A Guide to 22 Species of Extinct Humans":

"I passed on your note to my colleague, the paleoanthropologist Ian
Tattersall at the American Museum of Natural History.

I asked him whether the book should more properly have been subtitled "22
Species of Extinct Hominids" or even "Extinct Hominoids"?

His answer, to quote exactly, was:

< There is no formal definition of what is "human" and what is not. You pays
yer money and you takes yer choice.>

In other words, "human" is not a technical or scientific term. You can apply
it to any critter you consider part of the human group, in the broadest
terms.

The great director John Huston once asked to spend the night with a group of
gorillas at a wealthy friend's private zoo (Howlett's) in England, as the
owner, John Aspinall, frequently did. Another friend was horrified. "Good
thing you didn't try it," she said, "You might have been torn to bits."
"No," I don't think so," Huston replied, "they're just not that kind of
people." (quoted in Aspinall's autobiography.)

Cheers,

Richard"

So, there is your answer, It isn't being used as a technical or scientific term. It is an aesthetic choice for an artistic book about different kinds of people.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I like it when you're such a geek :D
:blush: -- thank you. I do detect a humorous side of you, and thought you might like that. I wasn't ridiculing your post. :)

Upvote 0
H

Huram Abi

It's such a pity that Hominidae has priority over Pongidae. Imagine the outrage if we were suddenly sunk into the latter instead of other great apes being moved to the former.

I don't really care about the labels except that they accurately characterize our relationship with other living things. This is why my own personal definition of human, for practicality, will include only those species that fall under the Homo genus, even though the authors of this particular book have used it in a much broader sense.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't really care about the labels except that they accurately characterize our relationship with other living things. This is why my own personal definition of human, for practicality, will include only those species that fall under the Homo genus, even though the authors of this particular book have used it in a much broader sense.
No Homos in my family tree.

Hebrews 11:24 By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter;

Romans 1:22 Professing themselves to be [sapiens], they became [atheists],

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
C

cupid dave

I do not even try to explain to people the covenant God has with the Arab nations. Even though they ask about it all the time.

I don't see the difficulty here.
Ishmael did become a great nation as prophesied.

And every nation is founded upon the seven fundamental social institutions that control the people who are living to together by the social contract between them.

Islam is merely the Religious Institution for muslims.

Upvote 0
C

cupid dave

The Bible lists the same number of specoes on the line of ascent as Moden science SUSPECTS or HYPOTHEIZES to be the case.

In both disciples, Theology and Science, people can BELIEVE this is right or not.
BUT science so far agrees with genesis 5:

see this link: http://kofh2u.tripod.com/id31.htm

The bible lists species, now?

Of course...

If we read what Genesis actually says, and if we ignore what the church people have been saying for centuries, then Adam was a species.

Genesis 5:2 Male and female created he THEM; and blessed THEM, and called THEIR name Adam, in the day when THEY were created

Upvote 0

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'd give him a blank stare, utterly bewildered as to why he would go to such great pains to keep the most intuitive and intelligent individuals out of the know. I'd then of course ask him all about the secrets of reality, since we were all so far off.

Why? You really have to ask? Look, if you want to teach your child how to put a jigsaw puzzle together, do you do it for him?

No, you don't.

I fail to see why this concept is difficult.

Anything you want to be asking Him, NOW is the time to be doing it!!

Upvote 0
C

cupid dave

Posted by gaara4158
I'd give him a blank stare, utterly bewildered as to why he would go to such great pains to keep the most intuitive and intelligent individuals out of the know. I'd then of course ask him all about the secrets of reality, since we were all so far off.

Why? You really have to ask? Look, if you want to teach your child how to put a jigsaw puzzle together, do you do it for him?

No, you don't.

The truth seems to be that "he HAS GONE to such great pains to keep the most intuitive and intelligent individuals IN the know."

Our history is a report card on an ever increasing awareness of Reality and our relationship with it.
The Seven Ages of Man supports this idea and this new eighth Age of Information sure has made impossible for everyone to "wise up."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
C

cupid dave

"Them" is a working pronoun for mankind. Yes, A&E are humans and the subject is human origin and this is a geneological account of recent descent.

It isn't relevant, meaningful or helpful to designate "species". The law of parsimony is the rule of thumb to use here.

Well, if one does NOT find this relevant, designating Adam as a species, then the Bible would be wrong simply by deciding that it does NOT really say that.

Upvote 0
Islam is merely the Religious Institution for muslims.
They are under the law, the church is under Grace. Soon the church age or the age of Grace will be coming to an end. I know what is going to happen and have known for 10 years now. I try not to talk about it though. But others are starting to talk about it.

Upvote 0

Greg1234

In the beginning was El
May 14, 2010
✟11,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

No, you don't.

:thumbsup: It seems like all these "most intuitive and intelligent" individuals constantly need to be burped in order to do what needs to be done. How many prophets need to come and say the same thing over and over again? When it boils down to it, it's simply a matter of not wanting to do it, with materialistic establishments providing erroneous though convenient excuses. As one said

By overthrowing matter, humanity will also be able to escape from the traps and compulsions of pleasure into a higher morality of spirit. The pleasure principle is the governing force of a physical determinism, whether in psychology, sociology, or economics. Physiologically defined, pleasure makes the materialist world go round. Optimizing for bodily pleasures, human beings can take their place in a determinist scheme. Believing in determinism, they can escape the burdens of a higher morality. But pleasure-seeking is entropy in social life. It leads to the notion that dissipation is the effect of happiness. By contrast, the exaltation of mind and spirit leads to a higher order of experience and a richer access of power than any of the forms of physical dominance and exploitation that pervade the precincts of material pleasure.​

:wave:

Upvote 0