Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
What if Texas did actually secede from the Union...who would feel the affect more...Texas or the rest of the country?

Anyone have any ideas on some pros and cons?

...serious replies...and not so serious replies welcome...^_^

It's never going to happen. It's symbolic of a growing frustration regarding the increasing reach of Federal Government. The Governer of the great state of Texas is sending a message to Washington that the Govt has abandoned the country's founding principles of limited government.

Gov Perry states, (correctly), the federal government is strangling citizens with taxation, out of control spending & debt.

His point being there may come a day when Texans get so fed up with the way things are going they'll secede.

Sorry. I really didn't answer your question. The first con that comes to mind would be the lack of security as provided by the armed forces.

Upvote 0

Psalms34

◄♫♪♫ תהלים ♫♪♫►
Nov 20, 2004
Southern Calif
✟22,982.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Constitution
It would never be allowed at this point, we are on a fast track to the North American Union. Bush was a big mover for the preparation of that, and he is from Texas with lots of influence still.

What would happen? Probably trade embargo. Maybe not official, don’t know, but without the Amero currency and all the international recognition as being part of the NA trade block, it would be difficult to conduct trade transactions with Texas. Unless Texas secedes within the next couple of years, which would maybe be nice for slowing down the NAU plans, I don’t think they will take that chance of being outside the trade/power block once it’s finally put into jurisdiction over North America.

Upvote 0

Secundulus

Mar 24, 2007
✟14,425.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What if Texas did actually secede from the Union...who would feel the affect more...Texas or the rest of the country?

Anyone have any ideas on some pros and cons?

...serious replies...and not so serious replies welcome...^_^
Greetings from Georgia,

We tried that before and were rewarded with invasion and 20% of the male population being killed by the invading Army.

We've been there before. Listen to the words of this song if you haven't listened before.

YouTube - BONNIE BLUE FLAG (FULL VERSION)

In case you can't tell where my sympathies lay - ;)
scan0005.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't think it would happen, but if it did, Texas would have some economic and defense problems. Of course, if they were to adopt a sound currency and bring in the best and brightest freedom-loving Americans, that would be offset somewhat. I might even consider moving there.

Reactions: Cris413
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Greetings from Georgia,

We tried that before and were rewarded with invasion and 20% of the male population being killed by the invading Army.
I do remember something about the Confederates firing the first shots, at Fort Sumpter.

Upvote 0

Secundulus

Mar 24, 2007
✟14,425.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I do remember something about the Confederates firing the first shots, at Fort Sumpter.
One casualty.

Lincoln's invasion killed well over half a million on both sides.

No comparison.

Is Texas ready to fight to secede? I doubt it.

Upvote 0

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From secession talk to tea-party gatherings it is all just symbolic ways to vent, safe and useless activities--they want to be "tough" like the original colonists or confederates, but won't truly give up their luxuries in exchange for what they believe...it's an insult to those that actually had the gnads to do something...

<< this post does not endorse antigovernment activity ;) >>

Reactions: Secundulus
Upvote 0

Cris413

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 20, 2007
Texas
✟56,828.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
From secession talk to tea-party gatherings it is all just symbolic ways to vent, safe and useless activities--they want to be "tough" like the original colonists or confederates, but won't truly give up their luxuries in exchange for what they believe...it's an insult to those that actually had the gnads to do something...

<< this post does not endorse antigovernment activity ;) >>

LOL...yep...we all better make that disclaimer in our sigs....or we could wind up on a list in some data base (if we're not already) and radacted in the middle of the night! :sorry:

I already know how you feel about Texans MrJim...
t2.gif

kap.gif

bighug.gif

cowboypistol.gif

but...isn't saying sumpin' actually a step toward doin' sumpin' ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
LOL...yep...we all better make that disclaimer in our sigs....or we could wind up on a list in some data base (if we're not already) and radacted in the middle of the night! :sorry:

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL POLICE state...
I already know how you feel about Texans MrJim...
t2.gif
Texas is ok, it's just not the Ozarks..:p

but...isn't saying sumpin' actually a step toward doin' sumpin' ?

You're right, it is...and it makes it easier for the State to compile their database of suspects
3.gif

Upvote 0

Cris413

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 20, 2007
Texas
✟56,828.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
do ya'll think it would really be an actual civil war...with fighting in the streets and everything?

I think it would be more of a civil war on paper....
pinkglassesf.gif
Secession docs and what not. Why wouldn't the FED just let us go if we wanted to?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
do ya'll think it would really be an actual civil war...with fighting in the streets and everything?

pinkglassesf.gif
Sessession docs and what not. Why wouldn't the FED just let us go if we wanted to?

It's sorta against the law^_^

Upvote 0

Secundulus

Mar 24, 2007
✟14,425.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

pinkglassesf.gif
If a state actually seceeded and quit paying taxes and everything, I am quite sure that the Feds would call it treason and start killing people to stop it.

Look up the Bonus Army here Bonus Army - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and see how the Feds have acted even in the 20th Century. GENs MacArthur and Patton seemed quite happy to kill US Army Veterans and their families at the behest of the President.

I expect the next time will be no different.

Upvote 0

Cris413

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 20, 2007
Texas
✟56,828.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
If a state actually seceeded and quit paying taxes and everything, I am quite sure that the Feds would call it treason and start killing people to stop it.

Look up the Bonus Army here Bonus Army - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and see how the Feds have acted even in the 20th Century. GENs MacArthur and Patton seemed quite happy to kill US Army Veterans and their families at the behest of the President.

I expect the next time will be no different.

Yikes! but but but...that's not what America is suposa be about...:eek:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Psalms34

◄♫♪♫ תהלים ♫♪♫►
Nov 20, 2004
Southern Calif
✟22,982.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Constitution
You're right, it is...and it makes it easier for the State to compile their database of suspects
3.gif
You may have that backwards. I'm sure they have their database with everyone already on it, all being suspect by default. You know, the proper process of being guilty until proven innocent. [/sedition-insurrection-humor]
Yeah, interesting times we live in... :|

Upvote 0

Secundulus

Mar 24, 2007
✟14,425.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Maybe it will be like Escape from New York...they'll turn Texas into a penal colony and send all the conservatives here...when Gitmo fills up with us.
Well, if they do that, then save a place for me and my family, preferably somewhere around San Antonio.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0