What if you think you missed your calling in life?

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,656,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Everyone has a vocation, and it isn't always a simple, one-time decision.

I used to dream of being an artist. As a teenager, I would sit in my room for hours listening to REM albums and painting. I was so happy to sit in my room late into the night by myself that my parents became genuinely worried about me (It’s interesting to observe how my own daughter now behaves exactly the same way.) I did end up exploring a few art schools and studied some art while in college, but ultimately, my calling in life ended up being very different. That artistic, quiet, sensitive, introverted teenager became a Catholic priest. Now I talk and write for a living. Everything I do is on public display – how I say hello to someone, how I dress, the look in my eye whether real or imagined. Let’s just say it isn’t what I had in mind when I was 16.

Sometimes I think about what my life would have been like had I pursued a career in art. Would I have been happy? Or, would I have been dissatisfied and full of regret, coming to the conclusion I’d made a mistake?

Continued below.

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Everyone has a vocation, and it isn't always a simple, one-time decision.

I used to dream of being an artist. As a teenager, I would sit in my room for hours listening to REM albums and painting. I was so happy to sit in my room late into the night by myself that my parents became genuinely worried about me (It’s interesting to observe how my own daughter now behaves exactly the same way.) I did end up exploring a few art schools and studied some art while in college, but ultimately, my calling in life ended up being very different. That artistic, quiet, sensitive, introverted teenager became a Catholic priest. Now I talk and write for a living. Everything I do is on public display – how I say hello to someone, how I dress, the look in my eye whether real or imagined. Let’s just say it isn’t what I had in mind when I was 16.

Sometimes I think about what my life would have been like had I pursued a career in art. Would I have been happy? Or, would I have been dissatisfied and full of regret, coming to the conclusion I’d made a mistake?

Continued below.
Your will and God's will are different callings. All you need to do to in this life to hear your true calling is to be holy. What good is it to be an artist and fulfill your own desires if you die and go to hell? Every activity we do should be for the glory of God to bring others to His Word. We must do everything in this life to keep from going to hell. We must make provisions NOW while we can because once we die it is too late. Do you know how many people that are in hell are sorry and begging for a second chance to come back and do things differently? 100% of them. They say that we choose by how we live our lives where we go, but do you think the people who are there had they realized what they were doing would have chosen that?

They are darkened in their understanding and separated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them due to the hardening of their hearts. Ephesians 4:18

As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. 1 Peter 1:14

Repent and do not worry about your calling or what you think was your calling. YOUR CALLING is to turn back to God and live in holiness and not go to hell! Mans idea of success and God's idea of success are 2 different things. There are lots of rich and famous people in hell who thought they heard their calling. Now all they hear is screaming day and night non-stop. They do not rest. They do not have anyone or anything. No one feels sorry for you in hell. There is no compassion. In death we feel the same as we do now, but amplified. We feel our bodies, everything just like we feel now except our location changes. The term " die a thousand deaths" must have come from hell because the souls are murdered and grow back and murdered and grow back feeling every pain the demons give them. It is horrendous. Absolutely unfathomable. The stench is putrid, as it is the smell of rotting sin unwashed by the blood of Jesus. Imagine that Jesus blood is in buckets, and imagine it pouring all over your body, all over your soul. Imagine it making you glow pure white and pure. Get baptized if you have not already- most important. That is your calling. With much love, and God bless you all.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟804,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I think mine is to suffer for others because I've been sick with one thing or the other since birth. I try to "lift up" my sufferings for lost souls in purgatory and atheists.

• Prayers
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0