Martin Moe

Dec 6, 2014
Florida Keys
✟8,473.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I have “known” since I was 16 that religion was invented by humanity, rather than humanity being an invention of a supernatural god. I have lived a life in science, examining and explaining reality without reliance upon supernatural doctrine and justifications for religious beliefs. I do not, and never had, any inclination or reason to accept or believe that there is any supernatural aspect to human life. This expert from a recent essay by Andrew M. Haines in Ethika Politika, “The unmistakable finality we experience with new insights — and what we know we lack without them — points to something real beyond our minds.” describes something that I have never known, but that I have encountered in others in many different ways of expressions of faith and belief. It is either like the magician who performs a seemingly impossible magic trick, but there is the sure knowledge that it is a trick; or the scientist who understands and can manipulate extremely complex equations and you know that it is real and very rational, but it is beyond your capability to understand the train of thought and analysis that provides the very real conclusion. So I do not understand how one can accept that a contemporary supernatural world actually exists. Those that do believe must have a mental capacity for discerning that a supernatural deity exists that I, and many others, do not possess; or they create such belief within themselves through a stimulus of cultural beliefs and a desire to believe in something beyond themselves. Both of these possibilities cannot be correct. There is something supernatural that I cannot discern, or religion is just a cultural construct. And someone in my position has no way of discerning which one is correct, thus seeing no alternative to reality, and just a hodgepodge of religious theory within and between religions, I still agree with the conclusion of a 16 year old by back in 1953.

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
To the greeks foolishness and unto the jews a stumblingblock.
I used to have a mind for science.
But the mind of man cannot receive the things that be From GOD.
they can only be spiritually discerned.
But you are speak truth when you say many more are not believing in God
I mean look at how many did not in noahs days.
Might want to ponder that a bit.
Let he who would be wise become a fool unto the worlds wisdom.

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Physcology agrees with you too.
People like me must be either mental or have as some in science or medicine , a virus.
But man look at the pattern in noahs days
very few
or in lotts very few believed and followed.
and perhaps a good word from pual might help too.
Do not entertain sciences falsely so called.
Their is no way , its impossible to come to Christ , by the wisdom of man.
Its impossible.
So with all the love in my heart and dire warning as well,
seek ye the LORD while he may be found. Because that GOD that so many thinks
don't exist..........He wont be denied at the end.

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You'll see :prayer:
S Memo_10.jpg

Upvote 0

YesMe

Aug 18, 2016
Earth
✟29,560.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Everywhere you look, you see the presence of God, science says that the universe came from nothing, in a way, science is right, "before" creation, there was nothing, except God, in a state of complete perfection beyond our understanding.God is everything, He keeps creation "alive", He maintains the universe in order, His nature is love, creation started because of Him and for Him, and everything was made out of love, a love beyond our understanding.Jesus is the Son of God, He was not created, He is the creator, if you want to know and understand God's nature, Jesus is the answer, the way, the truth and the life.Religions are one thing and having faith in God is a different thing.One who does not want to find God, it will never find Him, no matter if God is in front of his eyes.

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do not, and never had, any inclination or reason to accept or believe that there is any supernatural aspect to human life.

What exactly was your inclination to believe otherwise?

Upvote 0

Waggles

Acts 2:38
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2017
South Oz
Visit site
✟112,244.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Widowed
I still agree with the conclusion of a 16 year old by back in 1953.
Jesus said emphatically:
"The blind shall lead the blind, and both shall fall into the pit."
And he often referred to people as having -
eyes but they do not see, ears but they do not hear, hearts but they do not understand.
Discernment is God given. He knows who are his, are who are not.
Just go on and enjoy your delusions.

22 But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.
23 And when he was entered into a ship, his disciples followed him.
Matthew 8:22-23

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi martin,

Well, the God that you don't believe in, and very likely any of those who have been thoroughly convinced that He does exist, would likely think you a fool. Those of the world, however, will say to you, "Eureke!"

You are correct though, that a lot of religion is invented by man.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good night girl, you just slayed my heart in a good way .
Just sharpened my blades, yet they still don't cut as good as the word of God. I aim to please my dear friend :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟188,628.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The proof of God is in the heart of an atheist. You see even someone that professes God doesn't exist has a deep yearning to know that which they do not believe in.

I say this because everyone knows the tooth fairy isn't real so we don't have sects of people who go around decrying the tooth fairy. In fact, after a certain age, the tooth fairy is nothing more than an after thought.

Yet God is different. The very term atheist is an afront to the belief. If God doesn't exist why even acknowledge him? Instead most atheists I know would rather like to argue tooth and nail over how science disproves God and how man created God to smooth his understanding.

So the proof of God's existence is in the heart of the atheist (or even unbeliever) for God creates each of us with a yearning to know him. Even those who claim he doesn't exist have that and cannot deny it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FrankDux

Dec 12, 2016
USA
✟14,876.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
But yet you cannot prove or disprove the existence of God because Jesus Christ could do that and only Jesus Christ

It's like hearing a mathematician say that he has proven that the Bible does not have any " divine " secrets revealed by math because of some statistical distribution

Upvote 0

Waggles

Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2017
South Oz
Visit site
✟112,244.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Widowed
@Martin Moe

The problem for you Martin is that people can experience the truth of God.
People can and do experience the spiritual ...

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God,
and they shall be my people.
34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
Jeremiah 31:33-34

15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
16 He that believes and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believes not shall be damned.
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils;
they shall speak with new tongues;
18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall
lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

The gospel of Mark 16:15-18

And so it is today. People who are converted to become disciples of Jesus experience miracles, healings,
divine protection and intervention, and much answered prayer.

Upvote 0

Waggles

Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2017
South Oz
Visit site
✟112,244.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Widowed
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The only way it would be possible to know with absolute 100% certainty that God didn't exist would be to have knowledge of every possible place and form that He could exist in - you would have to be omniscient and omnipotent. So, in other words, in order to know for sure that God didn't exist, you would have to be God yourself.

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The only way it would be possible to know with absolute 100% certainty that God didn't exist would be to have knowledge of every possible place and form that He could exist in - you would have to be omniscient and omnipotent. So, in other words, in order to know for sure that God didn't exist, you would have to be God yourself.
man has what is known as ed zachries syndrome.
he thinks he knows exactly how it all is.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Just sharpened my blades, yet they still don't cut as good as the word of God. I aim to please my dear friend :oldthumbsup:
I forgot to tell you how much I love you!!! My manners must have slipped. be blessed.

Upvote 0

HeLeadethMe

Apr 27, 2017
Toronto
✟32,827.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Creation itself teaches us about God, so we have no excuse........the reason you don't believe is just because you decided not to. Do not harden your heart my friend, but open it to the one who created you and puts the breath of life in your nostrils. Only believe. The longer I live the more I see He is the only thing that does make sense. Foolishness to the perishing though..........so choose life.

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Creation itself teaches us about God, so we have no excuse........the reason you don't believe is just because you decided not to. Do not harden your heart my friend, but open it to the one who created you and puts the breath of life in your nostrils. Only believe. The longer I live the more I see He is the only thing that does make sense. Foolishness to the perishing though..........so choose life.
CHOOSE YE THIS DAY WHOM YE SHALL SERVE
I know this world is getting far more anti GOD and anti biblical truth.
Yet I tell all, I CHOOSE the LORD . count the cost amen.
and if loving the bible, if loving the words of truth , if loving the gosple
is seen as mental illness , and the world thinks we crazy and need to be rounded up .
I SEE IT AS AMEN I am IN GOOD COMPANY
did the world not think JESUS was mad and had a devil
did it not think him beside himself.
The servant is not greater than his LORD
if they have called me , the master of the house beelzabub
how much worse you.
SO , amen. IF I am called nuts , crazy , and hated for my love of the gospel of truth.
love of that beautiful bible.......I AM IN GOOD COMPANY.
I fear not man. ONLY GOD ALONE.

Upvote 0