What if you compared 'mutation' with 'a curse'?

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there,

So theologically, is there any connection between mutation leading to readaptation and a curse leading to reinvention?

Is reinvention more ambitious?

Or is a curse a compounding of mutation in principle? Untenably?

I don't know, I'm just putting that out there.

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi there,

So theologically, is there any connection between mutation leading to readaptation and a curse leading to reinvention?

We live in a fallen world and God is not going to restore this world for at least another 1,000 years. Then there will be a new Heaven and a New Earth.

Rev 21 "Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

5 He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true."

Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟246,715.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi there,

I am not sure about mutations leading to readaptation especially for humans. It seems that most mutations in humans happened recently in the last 5,000 years and most are harmful. That seems to point to mutations being a curse but not for reinvention but for destruction. Whether you look at it from a scientific or religious point of view it seems we started out with very few mutations and are now accummulating them fairly fast and natural selection is unable to weed most out.

Most Mutations in the Human Genome are Recent and Probably Harmful | DiscoverMagazine.com

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I am not sure about mutations leading to readaptation especially for humans. It seems that most mutations in humans happened recently in the last 5,000 years and most are harmful. That seems to point to mutations being a curse but not for reinvention but for destruction. Whether you look at it from a scientific or religious point of view it seems we started out with very few mutations and are now accummulating them fairly fast and natural selection is unable to weed most out.

Actually, the vast majority of them are removed. Harmful dominants get swept out pretty quick. Harmful recessives stick around because of incest taboos that make it unlikely you'll marry a close relative. And of course, most mutations don't do much of anything.

And it's extremely hard to comprehend how HbC (immunity to malaria, without the devastating consequences of HbS for homozygotes) the Black Plague immunity mutation, or the Milano Mutation could be classified as harmful.

And if we were to drop the incest taboo, the harmful recessives would go away quickly. Inbreeding animal populations have very, very low rates of harmful recessives for the obvious reason.

Upvote 0