What If We Keep The Feasts?

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟450,410.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've discovered that there will be a great blessing and special anointing upon those who keep the Feasts of the Lord. The Lord gave me the understanding of the significance of observing His Feasts. I already see this special anointing resting on the people who do observe them. Also, this explained to me why many of us see differently and have controversial theological matters. And, I've learned that it is not possible to know some deep insights about our Lord unless we observe His Feasts. Then I realized why the Lord asked His people to keep them forever and pass it on to their children and to all their generations. More importantly, I understood how these Feasts will help the nation of Israel, not just today, but even more during the time of Jacob's trouble. The Lord will use these people to lead the rest of us in the coming days, before His coming, and even in the Kingdom of Heaven for they will be called great.

Thanks for reading. No, I'm not asking anyone to observe the Feasts. I do understand there is freedom to those who are in Christ. And now that we are in Christ, there are much greater blessings in store for those who do that which the Lord commanded. God bless.

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟450,410.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
One can wonderfully enter into the doctrinal aspects of how the Lord Jesus and His work are the perfect fulfillment of the Old Testament Scriptures; the actually physical re-enacting of the Old Testament practices is not obligatory.

Thank you @faroukfarouk In fact nothing is obligatory to be accepted by the Father for those who are in Christ. They are only obligatory to those who are thirsty to understand the deeper insights and hidden truths in the scripture.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you @faroukfarouk In fact nothing is obligatory to be accepted by the Father for those who are in Christ. They are only obligatory to those who are thirsty to understand the deeper insights and hidden truths in the scripture.
Anne Steele (born in the 18th century) wrote:

"O may these hallowed pages be
My ever dear delight!
And still new beauties may I see,
And still increasing light!"

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
"Behold the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world!" - St. John the Baptist

I am not going to say that one cannot celebrate the Jewish Passover, if this is something they would like to do, as preference, as an act of conscience, then let them do so.

But let us understand that all that is significant about the Passover is to be found in the one True Lamb, the Paschal Lamb Himself whose flesh was broken and blood poured out on the cross for the sins of the whole world. The Mystery of this Christ gave to us, on the night that He was betrayed, by taking bread, breaking it, and saying, "This is My body, given to you" and then taking the cup and saying, "This is the cup of the new covenant in My blood, which is poured out for you" For the Christian the truest Passover is this most precious and holy Eucharist, for here the Paschal Lamb Himself gives Himself to us in, with, and under these seemingly meager emblems of bread and wine. This blessed Feast is not some mere token or ceremony, a nice religious ritual we do to make ourselves feel religious, but is the Mystery of Christ Himself who was pierced and who bled for us, for us, the past coming into the present as anamnesis--remembrance--and a looking forward to the Feast that is to come.

We therefore have the greatest Mystery of the Passover each time we have gathered, and the gifts of bread and wine distributed, as we have been seated at the Table of Christ, to receive His own flesh and blood which is for the forgiveness of our sins.

Further, as Christians, we have recognized for ourselves the great Paschal Feast, the Feast of Feasts on our calendars, i.e. Easter. We in the West are currently in the midst of this great Mystery, moving forward to it. Today is Maundy Thursday, the night Christ was betrayed, the night Christ instituted His Supper for us. The Passion Mystery is in our midst now, soon we shall observe and honor the scandal, the horror, and the sacred mystery of the cross, the dark night comes, but not for long. Because soon, and very soon, rings forth the songs of Alleluia. Death, hell, sin, the devil crushed, defeated, vanquished beneath the Victory of He who washes the disciples feet, is betrayed by one of His own, and will be spit upon, cursed, whose flesh shall be broken and blood shed, and He says, "Forgive them, Father, they know not what they do."

There can be no greater blessings than these, which we have already.

-CryptoLutheran

• Winner
Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟450,410.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Behold the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world!" - St. John the Baptist

I am not going to say that one cannot celebrate the Jewish Passover, if this is something they would like to do, as preference, as an act of conscience, then let them do so.

But let us understand that all that is significant about the Passover is to be found in the one True Lamb, the Paschal Lamb Himself whose flesh was broken and blood poured out on the cross for the sins of the whole world. The Mystery of this Christ gave to us, on the night that He was betrayed, by taking bread, breaking it, and saying, "This is My body, given to you" and then taking the cup and saying, "This is the cup of the new covenant in My blood, which is poured out for you" For the Christian the truest Passover is this most precious and holy Eucharist, for here the Paschal Lamb Himself gives Himself to us in, with, and under these seemingly meager emblems of bread and wine. This blessed Feast is not some mere token or ceremony, a nice religious ritual we do to make ourselves feel religious, but is the Mystery of Christ Himself who was pierced and who bled for us, for us, the past coming into the present as anamnesis--remembrance--and a looking forward to the Feast that is to come.

We therefore have the greatest Mystery of the Passover each time we have gathered, and the gifts of bread and wine distributed, as we have been seated at the Table of Christ, to receive His own flesh and blood which is for the forgiveness of our sins.

Further, as Christians, we have recognized for ourselves the great Paschal Feast, the Feast of Feasts on our calendars, i.e. Easter. We in the West are currently in the midst of this great Mystery, moving forward to it. Today is Maundy Thursday, the night Christ was betrayed, the night Christ instituted His Supper for us. The Passion Mystery is in our midst now, soon we shall observe and honor the scandal, the horror, and the sacred mystery of the cross, the dark night comes, but not for long. Because soon, and very soon, rings forth the songs of Alleluia. Death, hell, sin, the devil crushed, defeated, vanquished beneath the Victory of He who washes the disciples feet, is betrayed by one of His own, and will be spit upon, cursed, whose flesh shall be broken and blood shed, and He says, "Forgive them, Father, they know not what they do."

There can be no greater blessings than these, which we have already.

-CryptoLutheran

Hello @ViaCrucis thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)

Upvote 0

Rigatoni

Redeemed Resident Italian
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
God did command His people to keep the feasts. But based on my understanding: if they are saved and in Christ, then they are already keeping the feasts, because Jesus Himself kept them. Jesus becomes their identity. Therefore it's no longer a religious / legal obligation, but rather something we get to do with deeper significance. The feasts ultimately are meant to point God's people to Jesus Himself, and gives greater revelation of who He is. Just like how Jesus fulfilled Passover, Unleavened Bread and First Fruits via the crucifixion and resurrection.

In fact, the entire Jewish culture is meant to point them to Jesus; It's full of symbolism, as is the Old Testament. As Gentiles, I think observing the feasts in faith (rather than as a feeling of obligation or duty) can be a blessing in our understanding of God and His character.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God did command His people to keep the feasts. But based on my understanding: if they are saved and in Christ, then they are already keeping the feasts, because Jesus Himself kept them. Jesus becomes their identity. Therefore it's no longer a religious / legal obligation, but rather something we get to do with deeper significance. The feasts ultimately are meant to point God's people to Jesus Himself, and gives greater revelation of who He is. Just like how Jesus fulfilled Passover, Unleavened Bread and First Fruits via the crucifixion and resurrection.

In fact, the entire Jewish culture is meant to point them to Jesus; It's full of symbolism, as is the Old Testament. As Gentiles, I think observing the feasts in faith (rather than as a feeling of obligation or duty) can be a blessing in our understanding of God and His character.
It's interesting to see in Luke 22 the transition from the passover order of things to the Lord's Supper in the New Testament in His blood.

Reactions: Rigatoni
Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟450,410.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟450,410.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The old order of things will not be gone back to. Hebrews makes this very clear.

Has the angel of death already Passover you? Has the wrath of God already come and Passover you? Has the second death already Passover you? Did you already enter the promised land -the kingdom of heaven? Who/what has been already Passover you? What is the purpose of the lamb’s sacrifice? Is it’s final purpose has been fulfilled? We have only been provided with the lamb and sacrifice and it’s blood. We are covered by the blood and God is still giving us time to cover ourselves by the blood of the lamb before the lord releases the Passover angel of destruction to come and Passover all the people. Everything is not completed. When the final purpose of the lamb’s sacrifice is achieved our lord will again eat the Passover with us in the kingdom of heaven. There are hidden deeper insights that are revealed to those who keep the lord’s feasts. The sacrifice of the Passover lamb has been fulfilled, not the Passover itself.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Has the angel of death already Passover you? Has the wrath of God already come and Passover you? Has the second death already Passover you? Did you already enter the promised land -the kingdom of heaven? Who/what has been already Passover you? What is the purpose of the lamb’s sacrifice? Is it’s final purpose has been fulfilled? We have only been provided with the lamb and sacrifice and it’s blood. We are covered by the blood and God is still giving us time to cover ourselves by the blood of the lamb before the lord releases the Passover angel of destruction to come and Passover all the people. Everything is not completed. When the final purpose of the lamb’s sacrifice is achieved our lord will again eat the Passover with us in the kingdom of heaven. There are hidden deeper insights that are revealed to those who keep the lord’s feasts. The sacrifice of the Passover lamb has been fulfilled, not the Passover itself.
We come back to the difference between the church and Israel (1 Corinthians 10.32).

• Useful
Reactions: GospelS
Upvote 0

Rigatoni

Redeemed Resident Italian
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Jesus was referring to the fourth cup of Passover, which symbolized Him taking the Jews as His people. They rejected Jesus as their true Messiah; it wasn't time for that to be fulfilled yet. He drank the first three cups of wine but stopped at the fourth:
Matthew 26:29 said:
I tell you, I will not drink from this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

Reference: Kadesh - Sanctifying the Wine

• Useful
Reactions: GospelS
Upvote 0