United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Not me, as I pointed out. I'm even registered as an Independent, so I won't be on any lists right away. But, for my sins, I lived in the Bible Belt and have seen for myself what to expect if Trump manages to hold in to his office and the "Jesus hates gun control and thinks global warming is a hoax" mob winds up running the whole country.

Based on your non answer, what have you SEEN for yourself that leads you to expect WHAT? "Relative safety" isn’t "complete safety". You have given no reason to believe your safety is "relative" at all. I trust you won’t be going out to gin it up like so many others have (and were found out). You can just admit re: "the Trump people" that you have ABSOLUTE SAFETY.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Based on your non answer, what have you SEEN for yourself that leads you to expect WHAT? "Relative safety" isn’t "complete safety". You have given no reason to believe your safety is "relative" at all. I trust you won’t be going out to gin it up like so many others have (and were found out). You can just admit re: "the Trump people" that you have ABSOLUTE SAFETY.
For example, where I lived it was considered good sport to set dogs on Jehovah's Witness canvassers and some were severely injured. The Sheriff wouldn't take a report because he belonged to one of the churches whose pastors encouraged that kind of thing. I didn't run into much trouble myself, although I was the "wrong" kind of Christian then (an Episcopalian) and my kids were bullied by their teachers for "What your daddy believes about the Bible." Fortunately, I am kind of a formidable character and was known to own guns and I was able to put a stop to it. Another time I applied for a job as a machinist and had to tell the boss I was a Christian to get the job. When he found out I was an Episcopalian he fired me for lying to him about it. So nothing really serious happened to me and mine, but I saw some stuff. If Trump takes over it will be a much more difficult and unpleasant time throughout the country for anyone who is not white, not straight, not native born, not English speaking, not an Evangelical Christian. MAGA!

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And it grants me relative safety from the Trump crowd.
I bet it would give you relative safety just about anywhere. Like at a New York restaurant when BLM shows up.

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
For example, where I lived it was considered good sport to set dogs on Jehovah's Witness canvassers and some were severely injured. The Sheriff wouldn't take a report because he belonged to one of the churches whose pastors encouraged that kind of thing. I didn't run into much trouble myself, although I was the "wrong" kind of Christian then (an Episcopalian) and my kids were bullied by their teachers for "What your daddy believes about the Bible." Fortunately, I am kind of a formidable character and was known to own guns and I was able to put a stop to it. Another time I applied for a job as a machinist and had to tell the boss I was a Christian to get the job. When he found out I was an Episcopalian he fired me for lying to him about it. So nothing really serious happened to me and mine, but I saw some stuff. If Trump takes over it will be a much more difficult and unpleasant time throughout the country for anyone who is not white, not straight, not native born, not English speaking, not an Evangelical Christian. MAGA!

Well, thank you for reply. I’ve never heard of dogs being set on Jehovah's Witnesses. Whatever kind of "Christians" did that, I want no part of. Teachers bullying kids over their parents' religious beliefs is out of line, certainly (I haven’t been much for the ones who have bullied kids who supported Trump, either!). Not sure what to think about the job situation. You should have been hired for your qualifications as a machinist, period, but even non Trump type people keep those not like themselves out of jobs at times. I’d hate to be a scientist these days, trying to get a grant compiling evidence against global warming or a doctor insisting that hydroxychloroquine/zinc/ azythromycin is THE answer to keeping Covid-19 victims from ever getting to the ER, or a pediatrician trying to protect children from the predatory trans movement.

Upvote 0