• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

What if the Rapture happened shortly? Would anyone be ready for it?

Discussion in 'Eschatology - Endtimes & Prophecy Forum' started by Lightpath, Nov 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lightpath

Lightpath New Member

+0
    Since the Sept. 11 tragedy, I am sure many of us have had time to reflect about our own lives. I know I have and I will never forget what occurred. Since then, I have had much time to think. I have also had much time to be observant about my fellowmen and women. Some of them have moved on with their lives as if it were nothing, while some have changed their lives. Others simply do not know what to do or how to do it and live in fear and feel helpless.

What I wonder is, if the Rapture were to happen very soon, would you be ready to meet Jesus? This is something I believe we can all contemplate about and reflect upon if one believe in Messiah Jesus/Yeshua. Please respond however you feel led to do so. It is something that has crossed my mind of late. Thanks and God bless you all for your replies.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. SOS

SOS Member

+1
    That is a good question.

I feel that I am ready myself - I can't wait to enter Paradise and join Jesus for that millennium of peace.

Do you believe that christians have to go through the tribulation or not? I don't think so myself.

3. cherubim

cherubim Very Cool Chick

+0
    I think some Christians will have to go through the Tribulation.

And I don't think I am ready for the Rapture as of yet.

4. Nate

Nate New Member

+0
    Generally, I'd have to say, people and many noted speakers of the topic are of the consensus that the rapture is not about to happen tomorrow, or even in the next few years.

Still, it does say in 1Th 5:2 "For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night."

We can guess, speculate and theorise, but at the end of the day, we will not know the day.

All we can do, is keep our lamps oiled, and not be caught unprepared like the 5 foolish virgins (Mat 25:1-13).

5. Nate

Nate New Member

+0
    Heavy topic for the general fellowship forum! Keep up the chatter, am keen to see what you guys have to say! Good stuff, Lightpath [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by Nate (edited 30 November 2001).]

6. Erwin

Erwin Well-Known Member

+1,725
    This thread was moved from the General Fellowship Forum - it's more appropriate here.

[This message has been edited by Erwin (edited 01 December 2001).]

7. RN

RN Guest

+0
    At the risk of sounding ignorant, what exactly is the 'rapture' and 'tribulation' that u guys talk of. Is it just the coming of Jesus?

8. Yauming

Yauming Member

+1
    Rapture refers to the moment or event when all the Christians on earth (including the dead) are taken up into Heaven by Jesus when He returns a second time (not as a baby but as God).

Check out the Bible 1 Thessalonians 5:16-17

"For the Lord himself will come down from Heaven, witha loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air..."

Tribulation refers to the time when Satan come down (some think in human form), gains control of the world and kills Christians and the church- it is prophesised as the worse event in human history - think of something worse than being a Jew in Nazi Germany.

9. FFX

FFX PS2 Chick with Passion

+3
    Non-Denom
    Single
    AU-Liberals
    RN - don't worry you weren't the only one.

Hmm, I'm not liking the tribulation... why will some people be taken and some people left behind if they were christians? Is that some kind of test for the christians that are left behind?

10. Nick_Loves_Abba

Nick_Loves_Abba Bulls On Parade

+45
    Christian
    No all Christians will be taken in the rapture. After which the Holy SPirit will be poured out once more on the Earth, so that mankind will have one more chane of salvation.

The tribulation is as much of a judgement period as it is a way of showing GODS love and mercy.

11. allieisme

allieisme I am ME

+344
    Pentecostal
    Married
    US-Republican
    Wouldnt those who truley dont believe go through the rapture? Thats what I always thought, maybe my thinking is wrong..
    I'm ready to meet Jesus and spend eternity in Heaven.
    I mean go through the tribulation...sorry guys

12. Blessed-one

Blessed-one a long journey ahead

+169
    Protestant
    Single
    i'm not sure, i wasn't ready before, but i'm halfway ready now, Still, i could imagine how embarrassing i'll be when standing in front of the Lord :p

13. Josiah

Josiah Super suction ears away!

+1
    I think about the rapture often. I get very excited thinking about being with Jesus...sometimes I even become a little melancholy wishing He would come and take us now...especially when life gets tough. But on the other hand, I think about all of my MANY shortcomings and, while I know I am washed in the Blood of Jesus, I think there will be many tears of regret for my foolish ways, foolish decisions and foolish indecision. You'd think I'd (we'd) learn but I find myself often in the same predicament making the same foolish decisions I wished I hadn't the first time around.

Romans 7
    24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? 25 Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!
    So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

I hope God brings a very large handkerchief... :cry:

14. edjones

edjones Active Member

+0
    Luke 12:40 Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.

Matthew 24:27
    For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Mark 13:32
    But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

Luke 18:8
    I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

15. Blessed-one

Blessed-one a long journey ahead

+169
    Protestant
    Single
    we all seems to make mistakes once in awhile Josiah. As long as we stand up again, and keep faith in the Lord to carry us through... we'll be ok. (and resist sins too)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.