• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

What if my gift is stopping me from being a good Christian?

Discussion in 'Spiritual Gifts' started by astral22, Jun 25, 2021.

1. astral22

astral22 New Member

+11
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    I don't know if this is a gift or what, but I have an ability to sense energies or spirits, how ever you want to call them, very strongly.
    I know there is a difference in opinions on should Christians hang out with people who are into new age. My opinion is that is it ok, they are only humans who are deceived. I would never push my faith onto them, but accept them.
    Problem is that I seem to attract a lot of people in my life who are into new age. I don't know is it just because there are more and more people into it.
    I really like them as people, they are wonderful human beings and with some I would even love to form deep friendships. I wouldn't debate faith and divide us.
    Problem is that I can't because I feel all spirits around them and then around me too. So I can't be around such people. I feel very guilty because of that. It is not their fault.
    I feel terrible to have to reject such people out of my life. I don't even know what to tell them. It is not that I do it because of faith, but because I feel sick around them.
    I know a lot of Christians who don't have such issues and they are friends with all people no matter what.
    I don't know why I have this gift then, it doesn't help me or anyone. This doesn't make sense. I don't know what should I do about it?
    How do I find peace in this conflict? Thank you. God bless.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Goodhuman

Goodhuman Well-Known Member

+209
    Croatia
    Christian
    Single
    Deleted.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
  3. Halbhh

Halbhh Everything You say is Life to me Supporter

+7,474
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Back when (about 25 years ago) I knew a lot of new-age people for years because they were in the same large free dance group I was attending (with about 100 people), more than a couple said to me that I had a "very clean energy" or "not icky" etc. kinds of things. They said it was comfortable to hang out with me compared to being around some others in the group. There isn't a blanket rule that when you do "love your neighbor as yourself" that you have to love each individual person exactly in the same specific ways.

For some you might be able to (and need to) love them at a distance, or with strong boundaries about how close they get to you physically or such (other ways). So, there are a lot of ways to love others, and it's perfectly good as I understand it to love individuals in various different ways from each other. Some I have to love from a distance myself, sending them love with something like a wave or a warm regard they can see, but not getting so close as I could with someone else.

4. Maria Billingsley

Maria Billingsley Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,789
    United States
    Christian
    In Relationship
    Welcome to CF! Discernment is a great gift! Eventually you will not fear it.
    Blessings.

5. spiritfilledjm

spiritfilledjm Well-Known Member Supporter

+330
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    The gift you are mentioning is discernment. It is a great gift when used effectively and correctly. I would, however, surround yourself with more Christians, those that you can learn under and who can build you up and this great gift God has blessed you with. I also think you should pray for wisdom in how to use this gift. Most importantly, pray that when you are in these situations, God opens a door for you to be open with your faith. Witnessing isn't just...or really at all..."My faith is correct and here's why yours is not!" Real witnessing is when you can just have a discussion about your differences, why you believe what you believe and what not. I think that urge you are getting to stay away from them is, well, God telling you to get away from them for the time being at least. You really need to find a good mentor that can truly help you in your walk, that can keep you accountable. Discipleship is key to anyone's walk with Christ and to be an effective witness. Do not be afraid of the gift God has given you, but rather embrace it and ask God for wisdom in how to use it and any time you come into contact with somebody where you start feeling bad around, ask God to give you an opening to witness to them.

6. Daniel Marsh

Daniel Marsh Well-Known Member

+2,161
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Ask them to study the Bible with you about Jesus.

Tell them you want to see them in Heaven as the motive for the study.

7. SANTOSO

SANTOSO Well-Known Member

+643
    Indonesia
    Christian
    Married
    Dear one,
    The gift that comes from the Holy Spirit doesn’t stop a person from becoming a good Christian. Otherwise, why would one earnestly desire a gift, that makes one not good before God ? The excellent way to use the gift is to pursue love that is in Christ Jesus. So what you do is to pursue love that is in Christ Jesus, and you will go in the peace of Christ.

When you have perceived and understand the love of Christ, then you will know how to relate those who are not in the faith of Christ.

This is what we have heard:
    • So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer.- 2 Corinthians 5:16
    So are we regard anyone according to the world view of the new age ? No. We should NOT regard them from a world point of view. Also, we should not regard Christ from their world point of view; when we regarded Christ in that manner, we offended Christ. So we regarded those who are in new age that they are called to believe in the grace of God that is in Christ Jesus, that they may be saved.
    I understand that they may reacted with ridicule that they need no saving. They may not perceive what they are saying. Dear one,
    continue to persevere despite their unbelief (that they failed to believe in the truth) and tell them what God has done for them through Christ.

For this is what we have heard:
    • for I know that through your prayers and the help of the Spirit of Jesus Christ this will turn out for my deliverance, -Philippians 1:19
    So dear one, we don’t depend on what they have said and done but we put our hope in prayers and believe in the help of the Spirit of Christ. For through prayers and the help of the Holy Spirit, that those who are in the new age are delivered.

Dear one, use your gift for the common good, that is, called to the love of Christ.