Jul 13, 2010
✟43,516.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I picked Lutheranism years ago because I believe Confessional Lutheranism practices Christianity more Biblically than any other Christian group. I do know the history of the the Church, Christianity, the Councils, and the Church Fathers. Confessional Lutheranism was an informed decision. I believe everything they (we) believe and I believe that what we believe is perfectly found in Scripture. I don't believe we are any sort of one true church, just that we do it best, else I wouldn't be Lutheran.

The problem with saying Lutheranism is biblical is that Luther cut parts of the bible he didn't like. So of course Lutheran worship matches Lutheran scripture because any thing that contradicted it was removed from scripture.

That's like saying I a like the Lord of the rings but I only read the part about the hobbits lets cut the part with the other members of the fellowship out. You get to see how the ring was destroyed and the ending really doesn't change, but you miss out on the detail and all the supporting stories.

Upvote 0