Las Vegas
✟15,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was humbled by this question a few years ago trying to figure out 'what God wants me to do' and someone suggested that might not specifically be important. My achievements in life might not matter to God and what an interesting way of looking at it.

I worked in politics and was a radio talk show host among other things. I do a podcast now that I just started on Christianity and politics. I'm not here to promote that but I am interested in seeing different points of view because I only was saved through faith in 2004 and lack a foundation due to atheist parents.

Thank you for having me and doing this. It looks really great.

Ian

Daniel9v9

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2016
London
Visit site
✟402,721.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
What God wants for our lives is not one specific objective we're required to chase after, but rather, to proclaim His Word and conform to His Son, effected through the sanctifying work of His Holy Spirit. In short, God's will for us is that we love God and love our neighbour. Beyond this, we have freedom to do whatever seems fit.

• Friendly
Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0

AvgJoe

Member since 2005
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2005
Texas
✟332,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I was humbled by this question a few years ago trying to figure out 'what God wants me to do' and someone suggested that might not specifically be important. My achievements in life might not matter to God and what an interesting way of looking at it.

I worked in politics and was a radio talk show host among other things. I do a podcast now that I just started on Christianity and politics. I'm not here to promote that but I am interested in seeing different points of view because I only was saved through faith in 2004 and lack a foundation due to atheist parents.

Thank you for having me and doing this. It looks really great.

Ian

Hi Ian & welcome to CF! I think the following will help with your question:

Question: "Does God care about the little things that happen in our lives?"

Answer:
Of course, God cares about the little things in our lives, because everything is “little” compared to God! Luke 12:7 says, “Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.” God takes the time to keep up with how many hairs we have—now that’s a God of detail!

Throughout Scripture, we see that God is interested in more than just the highlights of our lives as His children. He cares about every aspect of who we are, because we are His creation made in His image (see Genesis 1:27). He cares for all of His creations, including plants, animals, and the environment. Matthew 6:26 says, “Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?” If God even meets the needs of birds who are not made in His image, who have no will to choose Him or reject Him, how much more will He care for our needs in detail? Because of God’s care, we can trust Him: “Your Father knows what you need before you ask him” (Matthew 6:8).

Throughout Jesus’ earthly ministry, we see that He was interested in the specifics of people’s lives. Jesus has always been more interested in quality than quantity. Jesus was sent to save the lost and bridge the gap between man and God since the fall, but He still took the time to meet the immediate needs of people He encountered. In Matthew 14:18–21 we see a clear picture of Jesus’ compassion on the hungry crowds. One meal in the lives of so many is but a detail, yet we have an amazing account of His earnestness in providing a heaven-sent meal for over 5,000 men, women, and children.

Children are “little things” and might seem to get in the way of the more “important” things. In fact, once when people brought their children to Jesus, the disciples rebuked them with the thought of sending them away. “When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, ‘Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these’” (Mark 10:14). Jesus is not too “big” or too busy to bless the children.

God does indeed care about the “little things” in our lives, because He cares about us. Compared to Him and His glory, our whole lives are made up of those “little things.” Psalm 139:17–18 says, “How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them, Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand. When I am awake, I am still with you.”

www.gotquestions.org/does-God-care.html

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,617.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ian, joining the others in welcoming you to CF.

You'll get different perspectives.

God is interested in every detail of our lives. He even knows how many hairs are on our heads (Luk 12:7). God knows when we are awake and asleep, thinks about us (Psa 139), and knows what we say such as Matt 12:36. Plus there are books in heaven including our deeds/works (which are the result of being saved) are listed (Mal 3:16). Even if we give a cup of water in His name, it's recorded (Mark 9:41). God has overall purposes and plans for our lives as well as specific ones (Psa 139:16, Jer 29:11, Psa 138:8 (CSB), Pro 19:21, Col 3:17, Eph 4:11, I Cor 12:1-12, 28 titles may vary).

Believe you will find some food for thought here at CF.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello Ian,
welcome to CF.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

God is love, agape type love. Like a parent's love for a child, only more perfect!

morphing-hand-hi-text-smiley-emoticon.gif

6a5bcad37bbf9973402890f576a260d1.gif

Upvote 0

DLovingBrother

Jun 21, 2018
MidAtlantic
✟24,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What God wants all to do is obey His word. One person might end up becoming a wealthy and powerful influencer while another becomes a day to day laborer. They can both glorify God by putting Him first, in their hearts and in their minds, and applying the principles of the Bible as best as they can interpret it. That last phrase is important because there is a variety of interpretation on a lot of things, as long as the major ones are such as the primacy of Jesus and the scriptures.

Upvote 0