What Ideas do you have that might be considered "heretical" by some in your beliefs...?

christianforumsuser

Oct 28, 2017
Rochester
✟3,445.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If I claim to be righteous or spiritually minded people will try to say I'm arrogant and not polite as if they're righteous and spiritually minded and not arrogant but polite
The Bible calls such opposites and people who are in a delusion and approve those who do evil

So who is right?
If it's about who's more polite...I'd go to their place and not act like them and they'd call me the stranger
And seeing as I have nowhere to call home in this world, worldly people say all sorts of things even while holding a Bible

I could tell you I'm nice or understand the Bible better than others, but I'm not such a strong person. I'm lacking and that's why I need the Word. Tricky thing when you're not sure who to hear huh

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
When I say 1 John 1:8 is NOT about a true Christian, I've been called a heretic. So let's see.

7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

So do we still have sin if the blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sin? Just how weak do they believe the blood of Jesus is? Is sin cleansed today, and back tomorrow??? How many times does Jesus have to die for the same sin?

Since Adam, all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. But don't you see that is only until that sin is cleansed, never to come back. So all of our past sins are forgiven.

That leaves present and future sins to deal with. What is difference between those under the law and those under grace is that grace is now power to no longer sin, whereas those under the law had no such power, only their weak carnal nature. We walk in the Spirit; therefore, that power of God IN us helps us to not desire the sin of the old nature that is now dead, and made new in Christ. Those without this new nature under the control of the Holy Spirit do not belong to Christ, because they are still choosing darkness over the light.

The Holy Spirit's power in us is why John says in 1 John 3:9 a Christian CANNOT sin. Why, because God doesn't sin.

I'm sorry to say that those who call me a heretic for pointing out this truth, are those who know they do not have any power over sin, and want to stand on 1 John 1:8 and Romans 7 to justify their weakness to choose darkness; both of which are those BEFORE Christ. Romans 7 is the conclusion to his 7 chapter topic about the Law handed down to Moses. If the law could make one righteous then they wouldn't have the battle of the mind as depicted in chapter 7. No, only the Holy Spirit can write the laws on your mind and change your desires to one of wanting what God wants, and hating what God abhors. That is walking in the Spirit which is what chapter 8 is about. In chapter 7, that person is still in the flesh, but Romans 8:9 says we are NOT in the flesh, but in the Spirit if the Spirit of Christ dwells inside them. So which are you? Still battling the mind, or have your desires changed. That will tell you if you do or do not belong to Christ, for only those who obey him will not be cut off.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Not to be in contempt or something, but they will probably shut this thread down: you are not really supposed to encourage heresy, even by talking about it.

I've been called a heretic even when I quote scripture! Some love the darkness, and balk at the light.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Not to be in contempt or something, but they will probably shut this thread down: you are not really supposed to encourage heresy, even by talking about it.
Ok, controversial ideas then, that's what this forum is for right?

Upvote 0

christianforumsuser

Oct 28, 2017
Rochester
✟3,445.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When I say 1 John 1:8 is NOT about a true Christian, I've been called a heretic. So let's see.

7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

So do we still have sin if the blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sin? Just how weak do they believe the blood of Jesus is? Is sin cleansed today, and back tomorrow??? How many times does Jesus have to die for the same sin?

Since Adam, all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. But don't you see that is only until that sin is cleansed, never to come back. So all of our past sins are forgiven.

That leaves present and future sins to deal with. What is different between those under the law and those under grace is that grace is now power to no longer sin, whereas those under the law had no such power, only their weak carnal nature. We walk in the Spirit; therefore, that power of God IN us helps us to not desire the sin of the old nature that is now dead, and made new in Christ. Those without this new nature under the control of the Holy Spirit do not belong to Christ, because they are still choosing darkness over the light.

The Holy Spirit's power in us is why John says in 1 John 3:9 a Christian CANNOT sin. Why, because God doesn't sin.

I'm sorry to say that those who call me a heretic for pointing out this truth, are those who know they do not have any power over sin, and want to stand on 1 John 1:8 and Romans 7 to justify their weakness to choose darkness; both of which are those BEFORE Christ.

But there's some other very important verses you need to learn and believe for context
Those people are carnal people who like worldly things and sin and pointing fingers as if they're holy even apart from Scipture.
But all of you need to hear some other things

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Response to post #3:
Q1: So do we still have sin if the blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sin?
A1: True Christ-followers continue to sin during their SANCTIFICATION PROCESS. Their sin nature never is eradicated, only redeemed from the prison of sin.

Q2:Just how weak do they believe the blood of Jesus is?
A2: It is not weak at all. But God allows the "free will" of Man to operate within His Sovereignty.

Revelation 1:5(NASB)
5 and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth.
To Him who loves us and released us from our sins (PAST + PRESENT + FUTURE) by His blood—

Q3: Is sin cleansed today, and back tomorrow?
A3: Yes. There is only one "Sinless One"

Before and after salvation:

Romans 3:
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
24 being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus;
25 whom God displayed publicly as a propitiation in His blood through faith.

Q4: How many times does Jesus have to die for the same sin?
A4: Once.

1 Peter 2
18 For Christ also died FOR sins once FOR all,
the just (Jesus) FOR the unjust (Man),
so that He might bring us to God, (RECONCILIATION)
having been put to death in the flesh, (CRUCIFIXION)
but made alive in the spirit; (RESURRECTION + APPEARANCES + ASCENSION)

Upvote 0

christianforumsuser

Oct 28, 2017
Rochester
✟3,445.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You seem carnally minded
Bible Gateway passage: 1 Peter 3 - New King James Version

Secular religions seem a bit behind the good trends, like an echo quoting things
But racing ahead in imitations of what they say looks good to serve idols
What do you know about shadows?
Maybe secular was the wrong word.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think a lot of the bible is in Yogi-Berra-speak. i.e. it sounds like nonsense unless you have a relationship with our Creator.

e.g. when describing a restaurant, Yogi Berra said, "Nobody goes there any more because it's too crowded."

We all know exactly what he means, even though it is technically an oxymoronic statement.

1 John appears to contradict itself regarding the believer. It says that if you say you have no sin you are a liar, but then says that the saved sin no more. If you know your creator and understand the context of the statements (within 1 John and the whole message of the bible), you understand what it means. But if you don't, you don't.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

christianforumsuser

Oct 28, 2017
Rochester
✟3,445.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Bible Gateway passage: John 13 - New King James Version
Don't have an unclean spirit and don't have sin in your heart if you want your heart to go to Heaven with the Holy Spirit.
Why do you think people say they're Christians and teach yet still don't understand and follow this...look what Jesus said to Nicodemus

To be clear I'm not saying this is fellowship or that I'm asking for help here.
If you don't have the right faith what sort of luck would you need to go to a chaotic place of mixed faiths and come out with something other than a mixed faith

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
What Ideas do you have that might be considered "heretical" by some in your beliefs...?

Let's share them and examine them...

Comments...?

God Bless!

Actually what I believe, is Gods Idea, and Word, that men born of God, can not sin, to which, I have been called a heretic.

But then, I believe God over men, so, nothing has changed, except they are accountable for their own words.

I do wonder however, how they did not notice, Jesus was born of God, and could not sin.....but somehow, that can not be so, for a man that God gives His Seed to and makes a mans spirit born of Him, and still they can and do sin.

Whelp, guess some think God is limited that way. I don't.

God Bless,
SBC

Reactions: lettuce
Upvote 0

christianforumsuser

Oct 28, 2017
Rochester
✟3,445.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
He was the Lamb of God who took away the sin of the world. All of it
So do you have sin?

Do you sin? Do you have remission of sin and the Holy Spirit in your heart?
What use is saying His Name and saying sorry each time you sin...what relevance is His blood to you how
Anyone can kill a sacrificial animal...
Does your spirit sin? Does your flesh sin or have sin? What's clean?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I think a lot of the bible is in Yogi-Berra-speak. i.e. it sounds like nonsense unless you have a relationship with our Creator.

e.g. when describing a restaurant, Yogi Berra said, "Nobody goes there any more because it's too crowded."

We all know exactly what he means, even though it is technically an oxymoronic statement.

1 John contradicts itself regarding the believer. It says that if you say you have no sin you are a liar, but then says that the saved sin no more. If you know your creator and understand the context of the statements (within 1 John and the whole message of the bible), you understand what it means. But if you don't, you don't.

Scripture does not contradict itself.

Scripture addresses all men. You simply need to read and figure out what applies to you.

If you say, you have no sin; that would apply to you.
If you say, you have sinned; then obviously you are not the one claiming you have no sin.

The scripture does not contradict itself.
It is a matter of WHICH Scripture applies to which man.

You don't apply scripture to you that is about a woman, do you?

Same thing, you don't apply any scripture to you, that does not apply to you.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

christianforumsuser

Oct 28, 2017
Rochester
✟3,445.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There's context, divisions and walls...and in fact perhaps woman does apply to a man but not in the carnal way your mind thinks
If you handed someone a Bible they wouldn't understand because they see all these big words or things they don't already know and recognize
You can't hand a kid a big math book....or an adult who has a more rigid mind
People think they know all about the Bible and toss aside verses they don't know
Two people can say the same words and testify they know them but one can know millions of times more depths and height...and believe

Upvote 0

christianforumsuser

Oct 28, 2017
Rochester
✟3,445.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Lots of people say love and what sounds nice
Even doctors talk on and on how to become healthy but can't even answer simple questions
At the end of it they hand you a pill and their words amount to "I have no idea what I'm doing but I'm wearing a suit and tie"
When someone boasts that they've been in that position and training for years I just get sad for how much they wasted and still don't fit their "own" shoes

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Scripture does not contradict itself.

Scripture addresses all men. You simply need to read and figure out what applies to you.
We're on the same page. It is interpretations that are contradictory.

• Agree
Reactions: SBC
Upvote 0