Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Do you also believe that people running services like grocery stores shouldn't put their lives at risk for you? Your needs are putting others in harms way just as you say this guy is doing. Curb side service or ordering online doesn't keep the workers safe it only helps you.
It’s much safer. When I pick up my groceries outside, I pop my hatch and they just put them in the back, I’m in the front seat. Plus it’s outside. Completely different from going in the store. One of the reasons I do this is because I don’t want grocery workers exposed any more than necessary. I also do delivery sometimes and there is zero contact, but that costs extra.
I also support mandatory hazard pay and am helping to lobby the state to pass better safety protections for workers who engage with the public. It’s crazy that people right now have no choice but to work even if they have family members who are high risk, or are high risk themselves.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟733,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Good for him, for NOT letting her get that half-baked and insincere apology out. I'm glad she was publicly shamed, as she had tried to shame HIM publicly moments before.

I've seen many, many examples of people acting like absolute, mind-controlled robots over the mask issue. Mostly it's young women, just as you described. They could all do with a dose of shame, humility, and a reminder of how to use logic, common sense, and decency.
So typical for conservatives to believe their own feeble reasoning before proven data. Wearing a mask is not political it's medical. NOT wearing a mask IS political and disgusting. Don't spread your disgusting disease to my elderly mother. Wear your stupid mask and try to not be part of the problem ok?

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Do you also worry about who may have just handled that tomato or avacado or box of cereal before you did? Maybe the cart washer missed a spot and it is dripping with covid. And don't get me started on the buttons at the register card machines.
Not too much, that hasn’t been shown to be a common way for the virus to spread. It’s human contact and proximity. But I always use hand sanitizer before and after entering a store.

To hear certain politicians talk, only people who don't wear masks get covid. Or "if we all wear masks the virus will not infect anyone anymore" Do you think 7 million people are "guilty" of getting the virus because of their politics? But Trump is guilty. He killed all the people worldwide or so some say.
It’s not politicians who are providing information on safety, the information comes from scientists and politicians repeat it. And no one is saying that only people who don’t wear masks get COVID ! That’s pretty far fetched, as is saying that people are accusing Trump of killing all the people worldwide.

Did anyone read "The Mask of the Red Death"? You cannot escape the virus 100% with masks or distancing or hand washing. And if the virus itself is virulent enough to hang around, we will all likely get it sooner or later. That's just how it is.

Masks are about harm reduction. Do you think only safety measures that are 100% effective should be employed? No seatbelts, no child seats, and no hand washing requirements for food service workers? Masks have saved many lives. It’s a minor inconvenience and it saves lives.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Experts? Trust the science? The science has become a political weapon.
You all need to wake up, there is not much time left.
"Run to the cave"
I’m not sure how the origin of the virus changes the science on transmission that relates to mask wearing.

• Agree
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

RCrihfield

Sep 25, 2020
Alliance
✟16,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It’s not politicians who are providing information on safety, the information comes from scientists and politicians repeat it. And no one is saying that only people who don’t wear masks get COVID ! That’s pretty far fetched, as is saying that people are accusing Trump of killing all the people worldwide.

Joe Biden, "200,000 Americans dead because of Trump...." "He failed the American people because he was slow to act" sounds like Biden thinks Trump is responsible for at least 200,000 of them.

The rest is my hyperbole.

Masks are about harm reduction. Do you think only safety measures that are 100% effective should be employed? No seatbelts, no child seats, and no hand washing requirements for food service workers? Masks have saved many lives. It’s a minor inconvenience and it saves lives.

I wear a mask when I go into a store. I take it off as soon as I get outside. I keep my distance and wash my hands as I should. Trump does the same. He also gets tested daily and those who come near him get tested with the Abbott test. Still, here we are with Trump in the hospital.

The Mask of the Red Death....the king thinks he is safe in his fortress but the red death gets to him anyway. It can't be avoided.

GOD WILLING, we shall see this virus brought under control by a vaccine and therapeutics. We do our best to protect ourselves until then but it is futility to think we can hide from the virus. Edgar Allan Poe.

Upvote 0

RCrihfield

Sep 25, 2020
Alliance
✟16,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I also support mandatory hazard pay and am helping to lobby the state to pass better safety protections for workers who engage with the public. It’s crazy that people right now have no choice but to work even if they have family members who are high risk, or are high risk themselves.

Not crazy....the work is essential. As it turns out...all work is essential since this is how we survive. Thank God that the survival rate for kids is near 100% If our kids were dying how much more gutwrenching would it be?

Young adults are at like 99.98 survival rate. It's us older people who need to watch out. I am obese and type 2 diabetic. I am hoping for access to a vaccine.

Our senior citizens need the most vigilance. You are right about having to work and coming home to grandparents with nowhere else to go. That is a problem that needs solved. Give those families the stimulus money and let them sit it out. We need a scalpel and all we have is chain saws.

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
there are stores where we live- no mask, no entry & you have to have them on properly, no exception

store is to blame for letting him in...period

sorry, if you can't wear a mask, shop online
for older people, fees are often waived

look at bus drivers who have died because people didn't wear masks on bus...this is too easy to catch
there can't be exceptions....period

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nevada Smith

Sep 20, 2020
Paxton
✟14,530.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Went shopping with my wife today. At one grocery store we were in, there was an older fellow wearing an Army veteran's hat, and he had obviously been badly burned at some point in his past. He was not wearing any sort of mask.

As he approached the produce section, he was set upon by a young woman---late 20s, early 30s range. who loudly and angrily berated him for not having a mask on. There were several "shame on you's", accusations of selfishness and not caring about children, etc., etc., on and on. She was loud, and she was aggressive, and yes, she was actually pretty rude.

The veteran simply stood there and let her abuse him. When she finally stopped, he quietly asked, "Are you finished?" When she just stood there glaring at him, he said, "First of all, I have already had Covid-19, back in June, and recovered from it. Second of all, my lungs were burned from breathing napalm fumes in Vietnam in 1968. I lost 40% of my lung capacity, and I can't wear a mask, because if I do, I will pass out. I have a letter from my VA doctors in my pocket if you'd like to see it."

The woman stood there with her face hanging out, and her expression dropped about three feet. She started in with, "Oh, my gosh, I am so sorry...." but he held up a palm facing her and said, "Save it. You blew your chance for that ten minutes ago." Then he turned and walked away.

She looked like she'd been struck in the face, and he just looked grim. Myself and several others standing nearby applauded. He acknowledged this by nodding. He passed me (also wearing a veteran hat), and I said, "Welcome home, brother." He smiled and said, "You too. Thanks for your service."

It was one of the most amazingly gut-wrenching things I've ever seen. I've thought about it all afternoon, and I thought I would share. For those who shame anyone not wearing a mask: ask politely before you just lay into someone. Perhaps there's a very good reason why they're not wearing a mask.
"loudly and angrily berated him" When I saw this I knew it had nothing to do with caring about "children, etc., etc., on and on." First it was about power over others, dominating them. Second she was another woke looking for something to be outraged over when she spotted him.

Ephesians 6:4 NIV
Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.

Though she wasn't his biological child, she was still a child. I think his response was quite instructive for her and us as well.

• Agree
Reactions: Wolseley
Upvote 0

jisaiah6113

Oct 17, 2018
Arlington
✟16,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
She should have been ashamed of her behavior, regardless of the condition of his lungs. That was foolish and cowardly.

I was shamed by a young college age woman while riding a bicycle (outside) for not wearing a mask. Not as bad as this story of course, but yeah, leftist mask nazis are getting pretty bad.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The rest is my hyperbole
Thanks for being honest. Once people realize you tend to exaggerate, they start wondering if everything you say is an exaggeration and it’s hard to be taken seriously.

I wear a mask when I go into a store. I take it off as soon as I get outside. I keep my distance and wash my hands as I should. Trump does the same.
I am pretty sure Trump doesn’t go into stores. We know he was on Air Force one with Hope Hicks and others, maskless. We know they do not enforce any mask requirements in the White House. And most importantly, Trump has held large rallies that violate local safety rules and where hundreds of people were packed together, most of them unmasked. Then there is the event that seems to be a cause of at least nine infections - the nomination party for Barrett, where tons of republicans gathered unmasked in close proximity and were even hugging each other. We have government leaders not following the government’s own basic safety guidelines during a pandemic.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not crazy....the work is essential. As it turns out...all work is essential since this is how we survive. Thank God that the survival rate for kids is near 100% If our kids were dying how much more gutwrenching would it be?

Young adults are at like 99.98 survival rate. It's us older people who need to watch out. I am obese and type 2 diabetic. I am hoping for access to a vaccine.

Our senior citizens need the most vigilance. You are right about having to work and coming home to grandparents with nowhere else to go. That is a problem that needs solved. Give those families the stimulus money and let them sit it out. We need a scalpel and all we have is chain saws.
I agree that the work is essential, but if they were receiving hazard pay as an incentive, we’re guaranteed good healthcare if they got sick, and were not forced to work it would be more humane. The hazard pay would ensure that there are people willing to fill the positions of those who choose not to expose themselves.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
GOD WILLING, we shall see this virus brought under control by a vaccine and therapeutics. We do our best to protect ourselves until then but it is futility to think we can hide from the virus. Edgar Allan Poe.

I personally think it's a lot more likely that the virus will simply rage on until it burns itself out, and subsides, much the way the Ebola flare-ups in West Africa a few years ago. The thing got started, went absolutely bananas for about a year, then it just.....slacked off, and disappeared.

Why? Nobody knows. But it happens all the time. Look at your standard head cold: you get infected, it goes nuts, you sneeze, cough, your nose runs, your lungs hurt, you ache, you lose your sense of taste, and every day you feel worse. Until, one day, you feel a little better, and each day that goes by, the symptoms lessen, until eventually it just.....stops.

Why doesn't the URI continue to gain strength until it eventually kills the host? Nobody knows. Science has no answers on this. For some reason, viruses get started, they go crazy for a while, and then they just......stop.

I can almost guarantee that's what will happen with Covid-19. No vaccine will be developed before the thing just fades away and disappears on its own, and it'll go down in the record books as being another example, like the Hong Kong flu outbreak of 1968. (shrug)

I do agree with you, however, that we can't hide from this virus. Virus particles are so miniscule that they can penetrate any tiny gap in those silly masks that everybody is so passionate about. The only purpose those masks serve is to give their wearers a feeling of noble superiority and righteousness, or a false sense of comfort and protection that really isn't there. But they don't stop the virus. Slow it down? Maybe. But it still won't stop it, and when the mask comes off, the virus will still be there. And it will remain there until the virus runs its course, however long that may be. But I personally think that its nonsensical to hide in your basement until you think that its safe to come up to the surface.

But then, I'm kind of fatalistic with these things. When you join the military, you are fully aware that if your career field involves exposure to enemy fire (and mine did----I was a combat engineer), then you may very well end up getting killed. Its the chance you take every morning, and it may be more likely to happen to you than a civilian getting killed when an airliner falls out of the sky on top of his head, but really, continued life is not a guarantee for any of us. Best just to accept it, prepare as best you can for your demise, and go on and do your life. I'd rather do that than hide in a fallout shelter, wearing a space suit and cowering and worrying that the virus might "get me". If it does, it does. Eh.

I remember talking with some people once, many years ago, about the possibility of nuclear war. I was the only veteran. They all agreed that if the word was given that the missiles were on their way, they'd be seeking shelter immediately. I smiled and said, "Well, if I ever hear that the missiles are coming, I'm going to go make myself a couple of ham sandwiches, grab a beer, and go sit on my roof and see if I can spot one as it's coming down." They all looked at me like I had two heads, and somebody said, "But how would you survive if you do that?", and I said, "I won't. That's the point. Do you have the slightest concept of what life would be like in the aftermath of a large-scale nuclear strike? If one comes, I don't want to survive it. There are worse things than dying, folks, trust me."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I can almost guarantee that's what will happen with Covid-19. No vaccine will be developed before the thing just fades away and disappears on its own
Apparently you're not alone in that prognosis:

81d24972a25707e8.jpg

Dr. Samadi is an accomplished physician and author, who also was just suspended from Twitter for the PC crime of mentioning the proven drug, hydroxychloroquine. His statement that the CCP Virus has already weakened got some of us pondering why. I wondered if the population gets repeatedly micro-infected with it, such that there are no noticeable symptoms and yet antibodies are created, until the point where a full-on infection won't affect us as much as it would have early-on. If that's the case, then it's us that are adapting, not the virus losing force, per se. Of course rising herd immunity will at the same time make full-on infection less likely. Just a theory.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Wolseley
Upvote 0

RCrihfield

Sep 25, 2020
Alliance
✟16,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Thanks for being honest. Once people realize you tend to exaggerate, they start wondering if everything you say is an exaggeration and it’s hard to be taken seriously.

I am pretty sure Trump doesn’t go into stores. We know he was on Air Force one with Hope Hicks and others, maskless. We know they do not enforce any mask requirements in the White House. And most importantly, Trump has held large rallies that violate local safety rules and where hundreds of people were packed together, most of them unmasked. Then there is the event that seems to be a cause of at least nine infections - the nomination party for Barrett, where tons of republicans gathered unmasked in close proximity and were even hugging each other. We have government leaders not following the government’s own basic safety guidelines during a pandemic.
I hear you about the no mask workplace. You should consider that these people are tested daily before coming to work. Obviously, the tests missed the mark (possibly because it was not replicating enough yet).

We don't know where the infection started yet. Possibly at the reception for Barrett. There were 11 people who were working the set up crew at CSU (the debate) who tested positive. Could have been something left behind there. Could be some connection we haven't considered yet.

BTW, I saw a photo of Trump with Hicks in marine 1 around that time and both were wearing masks. I take Trump at his word that when he can't social distance (absent testing) he wears his mask. i believe he used the term "when appropriate"

As to the rallies...that argument lost all meaning to me in May when the riots started. For some reason Fauci refused to say they were harmful or dangerous when he testified in congress. Weird.

Colleges are back. High schools are back. We play football here in Ohio to large crowds. So far, not a lot of problems, if any. People have returned to work. Restaurants and gyms are open completely. It's working in our area anyway.

This is not one size fits all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As to the rallies...that argument lost all meaning to me in May when the riots started. For some reason Fauci refused to say they were harmful or dangerous when he testified in congress. Weird

Why would you compare outdoor events where people are masked (protests) with events, some indoors, where people aren’t masked? Trump has encouraged his followers to Ignore safety regulations by ignoring them himself. He is the president! To compare him with protesters (who are masked!) makes no sense.

BTW, I saw a photo of Trump with Hicks in marine 1 around that time and both were wearing masks.
It doesn’t matter that they were masked on Marine Ine. They were not on Airforce One. He has never disputed this.

Colleges are back. High schools are back. We play football here in Ohio to large crowds. So far, not a lot of problems, if any.
No, there are A LOT of problems. I’m not saying we shouldn’t have reopened schools, but people will absolutely die because we did. When a kid gets sick, they can’t quarantine. Their whole family is exposed. Teachers are exposed. What we do know is that the schools that have strict protective measures are faring better than the ones that don’t. At Lewis and Clark College where I live, they are testing the sewage coming out of each dorm, and they know immediately if there is a case and where. Unfortunately, in conservative states people don’t seem to be as concerned and that is where we will see larger outbreaks.
COVID outbreaks spiking in Michigan K-12 schools and colleges

Tracking Covid at U.S. Colleges and Universities

Colorado coronavirus outbreaks at schools, colleges, restaurants | 9news.com

Upvote 0

RCrihfield

Sep 25, 2020
Alliance
✟16,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Current positivity rate is 3.2%....0 deaths...32 hospitalizations. We are in week 10 of HS football. I am on the ground here and people are not in any kind of panic. UA and KSU are 30 minutes from here. We are a college town ourselves. Sorry, your panic doesn't line up with facts on the ground.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Well, yes a few people have had it twice, which is alarming and scary. But the reason that doesn’t matter is that he could be lying. We aren’t depending on people’s word. And I’m not saying he is a liar, not at all.

When my allergies are really bad, I don’t go into the store even though I am quite sure I don’t have COVID. I don’t want anyone to have a moment of fear or worry if I am coughing or sniffling in the store. No one should have to just take someone’s word that they don’t have COVID. This is life or death. One trip to the store could kill someone.

Have you ever checked on your allergies, what many people believe to be allergies, can actually be a staph infection in the nose (staphylococcus). Especially if you notice blood when blowing the nose. These staph infection can make you sneeze a lot just like an allergy.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
She should have been ashamed of her behavior, regardless of the condition of his lungs. That was foolish and cowardly.
There is a large sign on the door at our local grocery store saying “masks required—see manager if you cannot comply.” They would have asked this man what he needed, pulled his order for him and brought it out to his car. This girl had probably been told to stop anyone who wasn’t wearing a mask and was just doing her job.

• Winner
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0