What human species was Adam and Eve?

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What you have to understand is "fully human" does not take away the fact that we are also fullly animals, mammals, etc. The Christian viewpoint is humans control the world - not chimps, gorllias, etc. Adam and Eve are not called animals in the Bible for a reason: that would devalue their status as the only creatures made in the image of God.
to be honest we don’t control nature . We can adapt to it very well - most of us live in artificial caves with streams but we call them houses with running water

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thats the theory you choose to believe.
. Scientific theories are based on facts . If you don’t have supporting facts then you don’t have a theory . Creationism is at best a hypothesis ( unanswered question) and after over 200 years of deliberate research, still has no facts to support it

Upvote 0

Kate30

Mar 20, 2019
Oz
✟55,851.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
the Adam and Eve story is silly only if taken as an actual history because it’s not possible for just 2 individuals to be the ancestors of everyone. You’d get severe problems with inbreeding including sterility and high rates of genetic diseases after a while . We have this problem with cheetahs and there’s certainly more than just 2 . Some Orthodox Jews are having a problem with Tay Sachs disease because of low population numbers. And that’s just for that story. Noah’s Flood and the earth being less than 10,000 years old are another problem as there is no verifiable evidence for either one
Brightmoon which history should we go with you think the evolutionary time period with millions if not hundreds of millions of yrs where you can make up anything you like. Simply because no one could ever recall if that was ever the case. At least with real history we do have documents and artifacts. As to the inbreeding well those problems came much later as our gene pool deteriorated. The bible did give guide lines later for this very reason of who we were to marry. But brother, sister and a cousin marrying was common practice in ancient times it’s still practiced today. But as you have said the risks of genetic disorders are much higher.

Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Now we may have a debate on whether or not creationism or evolution is supported by scripture, but that's a different topic all together.

Myself, I simply trust what the scriptures have to say. I've never found them to be wrong.

So in answer to the OP. I believe Adam and Eve we're fully formed human beings at their creation. As to what they exactly looked like I have no idea. But they didn't evolve from a fish. At least that's not what the Bible teaches.

Of course we did not evolve from fish. That idea was pure fantasy. I do not believe we came from reptiles either. But I hate it when people insist just because Adam and Eve were not related to chimpanzees like a majority of paleontologists claim means it is impossible to have any sort of biological evolution.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
To be honest we don’t control nature . We can adapt to it very well - most of us live in artificial caves with streams but we call them houses with running water

This thread is about the world's first two people, who were nomads in a garden. Houses did not exist then and streams were literally two rivers.

Upvote 0

Kate30

Mar 20, 2019
Oz
✟55,851.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
What you have to understand is "fully human" does not take away the fact that we are also fullly animals, mammals, etc. The Christian viewpoint is humans control the world - not chimps, gorllias, etc. Adam and Eve are not called animals in the Bible for a reason: that would devalue their status as the only creatures made in the image of God.
Not to worry all creatures great and small. Saint Francis does love them all. The reason we have Francis Assisi day on October 4th. : )

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Not to worry all creatures great and small. Saint Francis does love them all. The reason we have Francis Assisi day on October 4th. : )

Before St. Francis could love any of them, God did. :sparklingheart:

• Agree
Reactions: Kate30
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
the Adam and Eve story is silly only if taken as an actual history because it’s not possible for just 2 individuals to be the ancestors of everyone. You’d get severe problems with inbreeding including sterility and high rates of genetic diseases after a while . We have this problem with cheetahs and there’s certainly more than just 2 . Some Orthodox Jews are having a problem with Tay Sachs disease because of low population numbers. And that’s just for that story. Noah’s Flood and the earth being less than 10,000 years old are another problem as there is no verifiable evidence for either one
So ... where were you for the thread on Adam and Eve being real?

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There can be many many explanations why Cain needs to be marked, i.e. Adam/Eve's other kids hates him and want to avenge for Able, or that the angles wants to.
does that really warrant a mark? If they hate him so you would think a mark would make it easier to find him. a mark suggests people know the mark but not the person so the mark is needed in order to separate him from others.

I would think angels would be smart enough but his own siblings? well, that's a pretty far-flung estranged family. this story doesn't lends itself to a literal account be it neanderthals having to be reminded who not to kill or angry brothers and sisters who want to avenge their brother and apparently a tattoo on him represses this. Not to mention the Genesis account does not read that there was a pile of sons, but only 3, Cain, Able and Seth.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
. Scientific theories are based on facts . If you don’t have supporting facts then you don’t have a theory . Creationism is at best a hypothesis ( unanswered question) and after over 200 years of deliberate research, still has no facts to support it
Your facts are claims to be fact
A lie can also be, In fact... A lie.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yennora

2022 UPDATE: I regret any UNBIBLICAL posts I made.
Dec 31, 2016
Sydney
✟58,603.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

The thread was started in "Theistic Evolution". Discussing an evolution-related topic.

I cannot simply understand why did fundamental creationists invade the thread.

Seriously, NOT a single fundamental creationist in this thread used evidence to back their arguments up, it was mostly attacks.

Please, if you think that you want to argue fundamental creationism vs evolution then make a thread for it in the debates forum, but don't simply invade a thread that is targeted at those with an open mind to the theory and are trying to pave their way based on evidence, critical thinking and a flexible mentality.

I myself am not against creationism, I am open to both, evolution and creationism. However, I'm against dogmatic fundamentalism. The mentality that absolutely isolates itself and rejects any contradictory evidence to its beliefs without even critically analyzing that evidence.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The thread was started in "Theistic Evolution". Discussing an evolution-related topic.

I cannot simply understand why did fundamental creationists invade the thread.

Seriously, NOT a single fundamental creationist in this thread used evidence to back their arguments up, it was mostly attacks.

Please, if you think that you want to argue fundamental creationism vs evolution then make a thread for it in the debates forum, but don't simply invade a thread that is targeted at those with an open mind to the theory and are trying to pave their way based on evidence, critical thinking and a flexible mentality.

I myself am not against creationism, I am open to both, evolution and creationism. However, I'm against dogmatic fundamentalism. The mentality that absolutely isolates itself and rejects any contradictory evidence to its beliefs without even critically analyzing that evidence.
Seriously not a single fact is presented for evolution any where ever..
Only claims of fact.
And im not a fundamental creationist .
Im a believer in the Lord JESUS..
Remember him ?
And iv unwatched the thread so stop quoting me and i wont come back .

• Prayers
Reactions: Yennora
Upvote 0

Yennora

2022 UPDATE: I regret any UNBIBLICAL posts I made.
Dec 31, 2016
Sydney
✟58,603.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Seriously not a single fact is presented for evolution any where ever..
Only claims of fact.
And im not a fundamental creationist .
Im a believer in the Lord JESUS..
Remember him ?
And iv unwatched the thread so stop quoting me and i wont come back .

I apologize to you if I sounded harsh.. I really didn't mean it I was just bothered by how this thread went.

Reactions: GodLovesCats
Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Confirmed facts aren’t lies . A fact is just an observation about natural phenomena.How can they be lies if they’ve been confirmed . Now creationist pseudoscience ideas have NEVER been confirmed and they use newspeak, blather, and bible thumping to try and hide that

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Confirmed facts aren’t lies . A fact is just an observation about natural phenomena.How can they be lies if they’ve been confirmed . Now creationist pseudoscience ideas have NEVER been confirmed and they use newspeak, blather, and bible thumping to try and hide that
So you say..but i do not believe you.
I believe in the lord JESUS.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So you say..but i do not believe you.
I believe in the lord JESUS.
Thumps Bible and says he or she doesn’t believe scientists . But you never check it out either to see who is giving accurate information . That’s called an argument from ignorance and it’s an easy way to get conned. Unlike you, I have checked out both sides . Creationists have outright lied ;obfuscated ; use inaccurate newspeak definitions of scientific terminology and simply refuse to admit that they’re wrong even though some of the refuting evidence for creationist ideas is over 250 years old

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thumps Bible and says he or she doesn’t believe scientists . But you never check it out either to see who is giving accurate information . That’s called an argument from ignorance and it’s an easy way to get conned. Unlike you, I have checked out both sides . Creationists have outright lied ;obfuscated ; use inaccurate newspeak definitions of scientific terminology and simply refuse to admit that they’re wrong even though some of the refuting evidence for creationist ideas is over 250 years old
I did not say i believe in creationists i said i believe in JESUS.

Upvote 0