What holidays do you celebrate?

I just finished reading the first two posts on the Communion thread... very interesting. We just recently learned (shortly after starting to go to the Messianic church) that we are only required to "do this in rememberence" of Y'shua during passover, not every Sunday/Saturday etc. They do so a communion every quarter... but the most important is Passover. Anyway... I had asked because I came from a church that takes communion every Sunday.

When I read on the same post about believers partaking in Passover, but then also pagan festivals I got ot wondering...

What holidays do you all celebrate and which ones do you not?

We celebrate... Thanksgiving and Independence Day (July 4th) and will continue. We don't celebrate Halloween or Valentines or St. Patricks. We have been doing Christmas and Easter (or rather the birth and resurrection... the word Easter is just absolutely pagan) to an extent... but no Santa (and no tree) or Easter Bunny. This year we as new Messianics will be beginning a new tradition for our family and will be observing the Jewish feasts/holidays.

So... just wonder what other Messiancs are doing...

Religiously I celebrate Shabbat (Sabbath), Pesach (Passover), The Feast of the Unleavened Bread (Hag HaMatzah), First Fruits, Feast of Weeks (Pentecost), Feast of Trumpets (Rosh Hashanah), Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur), Feast of Tabernacles (Sukkoth), and Festival of lights (Chanukha), and Purim (not every year with Purim though).

Secularly I celebrate: Thanksgiving, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day, um.. sheesh.. can't think.. LOL! oh.. Mother's Day, Father's Day..

Okay this would be easier.. the only ones I don't celebrate are Easter, Christmas, All Saints Day, and I think that's it.. sorry.. hard to think of all the days labeled Holidays.. oh yeah.. not St. Patrick's day.. not Irish..

Missy

Upvote 0
Jun 25, 2003
Tacoma, WA
Visit site
✟9,288.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Shalom IamThatHero,

I am still a babe in Messianic Judaism. So the main Holidays we should Celebrate are what YHWH has defined in the Torah. About other non-Torah holidays I would have to say I don't, especially if they aren't in accordance to YHWH.

Shalom,
Tag

Upvote 0