• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

What helps you calm down when you’re feeling stressed/anxious?

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Non of the above.

What gives me peace of mind is the knowledge that inspite of all that I am, I am valued and loved by the Creator of All things, that his love for me extends to being willing to forgive me my sins, my failures and his love is so great that he has adopted me into his family.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I find great solace in the fact that He is faithful and just. When everything has been done, and there is nothing I can do, He will be true and faithful. I rely on Him. No matter what happens, He will be there. Death is the worse that can happen, but He will be there waiting for me.

Reactions: Siddhi Koli
Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟398,965.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
  1. Finding the truth. ✅
  2. Vision of the Holy Spirit.️:angel:
  3. Believing in monotheism.☝️
  4. Jesus Christ died for salvation.✝️
  5. Positive thinking.⭐
  6. Being single in this world.
  7. Liberation from the cycle of birth and death. ♻️ This passion helps me calm my mind.:)
prayer, asking Jesus for healing spiritually and having "comfort" prayers so to speak

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟837,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Contemplative prayer (or "Recollection" as the Medieval contemplatives called it) and regular use of the Jesus Prayer have done more to give me the peace of Christ than any other spiritual practice I have used. Fasting is good, but without prayer it's just a diet. These practices have centuries of precedent but most Christians pay them no attention.

Upvote 0

SeekingGod96

Mar 18, 2023
Toronto
✟17,220.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The outdoors helps me unwind and destress. I find peace and calmness in the stillness of nature. Prior to moving last summer i went on many walks down a trail in which I was the only person around. It felt satisfying. The whole place was still, and yet here I was, walking through, without a peep or a whisper, just me, myself, and I.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Praying for help, chamomile tea, music, and journaling to find the cause of the anxiety.
I practice confessing the word. I am what He says I am. I have what He says I have. I do what He says I do.

Philippians 4:6-9 KJV
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving
let your requests be made known unto God.
7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds
through Christ Jesus.
8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever
things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things
are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do:
and the God of peace shall be with you.

Upvote 0

Siddhi Koli

Sep 25, 2022
Navi Mumbai
✟50,632.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sing the Gloria Patri. It helps me.

Gloria Patri
Et Filio Jesus Christo
Et Spiritui Sancto

Sicut erat et Principio, Et Nunc , Et Semper
Et in Saecula Saeculorm
Amen
Roman Rite Latin version.
Gloria Patri, et Filio, et Spiritui Sancto,Sicut erat in principio, et nunc, et semper, et in sæcula sæculorum.

Amen.Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,659.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
  1. Finding the truth. ✅
  2. Vision of the Holy Spirit.️:angel:
  3. Believing in monotheism.☝️
  4. Jesus Christ died for salvation.✝️
  5. Positive thinking.⭐
  6. Being single in this world.
  7. Liberation from the cycle of birth and death. ♻️ This passion helps me calm my mind.:)
Have you tried CBT?

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟202,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Sing the Gloria Patri. It helps me.

Gloria Patri
Et Filio Jesus Christo
Et Spiritui Sancto

Sicut erat et Principio, Et Nunc , Et Semper
Et in Saecula Saeculorm
Amen

Roman Rite Latin version.
Gloria Patri, et Filio, et Spiritui Sancto,Sicut erat in principio, et nunc, et semper, et in sæcula sæculorum. Amen.Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
May the Lord forgive me if I sing it in English, as that is easier for me to remember.

Upvote 0