Shalom
Aug 18, 2015
Nairobi
✟9,980.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Revelation about how much the church has theologized and doctrineized scripture started to hit me yesterday, but I had trouble keeping it almost immediately because it was just very huge.

It's like, we worship a doctrine and not Jesus. We worship a verse, and not Jesus.

When the Bible says to us Christ is the word made flesh, this was never ever intended by God that men could then just read the Bible, and in that reading of scripture have relationship with God.

The relationship with God can't happen by scripture. Because God is not a dusty book. God is not exactly John 3:16. God is the revelation of John 3:16, given to us by the Holy Spirit, and lived out subsequently in our life James 1:23-24.

A Christian can never then hang their hat on any verse, or series of verses... the reason being the only place to rest is Christ... and this idea is not vain in that we say it without results, rather it is actual trust in him and trust in the Holy Spirit to guide us into all truth. Without that guidance of the Holy Spirit, we do not know truth, even should we read the Bible our whole lives.

And the chapters and line numbers, while good, they can also enable us to build us a series of verses to follow rather than Jesus. Man, I want to follow Jesus, not my theology!

So YES, the naked book is the real word in Flesh, because you have nothing stopping you from interacting with the LORD himself. I think the fastest route to being full of the Spirit is by just taking any book and reading it without anything to stop you from reading a flowing text. The paragraphing can be hundreds as well as stops, commas etc but without any verse the BIBLE is LIFE. It's live and active and sharper than any double-edged sword, dividing the bone and marrow, the soul and the spirit, the mind, the body, the heart just name it.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
So YES, the naked book is the real word in Flesh, because you have nothing stopping you from interacting with the LORD himself. I think the fastest route to being full of the Spirit is by just taking any book and reading it without anything to stop you from reading a flowing text. The paragraphing can be hundreds as well as stops, commas etc but without any verse the BIBLE is LIFE. It's live and active and sharper than any double-edged sword, dividing the bone and marrow, the soul and the spirit, the mind, the body, the heart just name it.
A few things, some you've noticed probably, and maybe even posted about,
perhaps, and whether subjective or objective observations >
important: "the letter of the law kills, but the spirit of the law gives life".

also,
the denomantions(sic) all (few exceptions) quench the spirit(even the so-called charismatics in any place; the ones who don't honor Yhwh's Word),

and most prefer traditions in place of the word (you can tell by what they speak most of whenever they meet, in services and all through the week/month/year)
and put traditions over the word. Thus again resisting Yhwh, quenching His Spirit, and denying Jesus.

Reactions: Linet Kihonge
Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I still don't understand how the meaning changes. Or are you just saying it's easier to read without numbers?

I think the biggest difference is not with verse numbers, but with chapter breaks that disrupt the flow of thought. It can make it seem like a new thought is being introduced rather than it being a continuation of what was said previously. Many times a new thought is being introduced, but I've found in my studies that sometimes chapter breaks are not at good spots.

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
There can be no doubt whatsoever that all the chapter divisions except those in the Palms, and all verse divisions were added by man, and have, in many places, been incorrectly divided. One of the better known cases of this is Isaiah 53, which actually begins at Isaiah 52:13.

But our errors in this regard have been more than adding divisions that God did not put into the text. Man has also removed divisions that God put in in other places. The Psalms were originally given as five books, not just one. And each of these five books has a subject that is introduced and developed in orderly fashion, just as in every other book of the Bible. But in our Bibles, these five books have been combined into one, thus masking an entier genre of Biblical truth.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can you give an example of where the meaning changes by taking out the numbers?

In 1 Thessalonians a description of the famous resurrection event is found at the end of chapter 4, but the timing of the event is found at the beginning of chapter 5, which begins with the word "But".

The proof is found in the following verse from chapter 5.

1Th 5:10  who died for us, that whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him. 

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I must be missing something. I can see that chapter 5 is a continuation of chapter 4, but how does the chapter break change the meaning? Or are you saying it just makes it a little less clear?

Promoters of the Pretrib doctrine stop at the end of chapter 4 to make their doctrine work.

This is how they avoid the timing of the event in 1 Thessalonians 5:2.

He comes "as a thief" in 2 Peter 3:10 and Revelation 16:5, which are clearly Second Coming passages.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums