What have feminists done for these women? (graphic images)

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Yes. Silence and "hiding" it or "explaining it away" is deadly.

How many women have already died, hidden under this shroud of darkness and secrecy, and just forgotten, fading into nothing.

Tragic.

Especially women like these who carry a great deal of shame because of religion, cultural, and of course their disfigurement.

I'm looking for a reputable charity which has involvement in this, preferably a Christian one.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
...just a thought....i used to be a "flamin' feminist"....i was in-line with other feminists who were genuinely fighting for justice and the ills against the helpless and the injustices against the helpless that were entrenched in "traditions" and "powers that be".

I was also a staunch advocate for battered women (and a survivor of it) and there was abuse that included the "burning" of women in their private parts, and disfiguring of women, etc.

Keeping "secrets" and not bringing attention to the abuse was being "complicit" with what caused the abuse from the gitgo. THAT was the problem. Always HAS been. In my own experience, it wasn't until i, refused to shoulder and own "shame" for my "black eyes", "bruises", injuries, etc. that healing commenced, and i found my "voice". And boy did i. I realized that it wasn't ME who put those bruises there. It was the PERPETRATOR.

Is it "impolite" to show the bruises, the injuries?

Just WHO are we "protecting" when we do that?

Aren't we saying that it is the WOMAN, the injured, wounded one, who is "shameful"? And thus, should go back into "hiding"?

Let's bring the victims out of hiding.

Amen?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Especially women like these who carry a great deal of shame because of religion, cultural, and of course their disfigurement.

I'm looking for a reputable charity which has involvement in this, preferably a Christian one.

Yes, literally "drowning" in shame, in the dark, in the shadows. It isn't the perpetrator who is shamed in these cultures, it is the injured one.

God have mercy.

It MUST stop.

Upvote 0

goodgirl

Dec 10, 2002
Visit site
✟8,947.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Go to an abuse shelter, you are acting like a troll. And that will only bring damages to people who really need help. I have given you links to real shelters. I have given you real groups, and you want to act ignorant. We women live and breathe it every day with our sisters, daughters, friends, and loved ones.
THIS ALL DAY. People have posted multiple personal testimonies and links to other well-researched stories. Stop trolling here, and read them. Wisdom is of the Lord.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
...just a thought....i used to be a "flamin' feminist"....i was in-line with other feminists who were genuinely fighting for justice and the ills against the helpless and the injustices against the helpless that were entrenched in "traditions" and "powers that be".

I was also a staunch advocate for battered women (and a survivor of it) and there was abuse that included the "burning" of women in their private parts, and disfiguring of women, etc.

Keeping "secrets" and not bringing attention to the abuse was being "complicit" with what caused the abuse from the gitgo. THAT was the problem. Always HAS been. In my own experience, it wasn't until i, refused to shoulder and own "shame" for my "black eyes", "bruises", injuries, etc. that healing commenced, and i found my "voice". And boy did i. I realized that it wasn't ME who put those bruises there. It was the PERPETRATOR.

Is it "impolite" to show the bruises, the injuries?

Just WHO are we "protecting" when we do that?

Aren't we saying that it is the WOMAN, the injured, wounded one, who is "shameful"? And thus, should go back into "hiding"?

Let's bring the victims out of hiding.

Amen?

No one would accuse me being overly emotional. Your post got me a bit chocked up.

I'm sorry that you've experienced what you have, but I'm very glad that you shared it.

PS: I'm also glad that you aren't a "flaming feminist" any longer. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
No one would accuse me being overly emotional. Your post got me a bit chocked up.

I'm sorry that you've experienced what you have, but I'm very glad that you shared it.

PS: I'm also glad that you aren't a "flaming feminist" any longer. ;)

Awwwwww.....thanks.

Hahaaaaa! I was a feminist of feminists and quite formidable. God is GOOD, however. He allowed me the time to work through what i needed to, while fighting for justice, and poured out His grace and healing, as i stood for what was righteous and spoke out for the voiceless. He granted me the grace to forgive my own husband and to view him, as well as other perpetrators in a more balanced way.

It may sound strange, but i'm not sorry i experienced it, because God used it mightily to steer me in the direction of reaching out to, and speaking out for those, who like me at one time, were ashamed of "being" abused and attempted to "hide" it or "cover it up".

God showed me that me, His daughter, was NEVER EVER meant to be "in hiding", but to emerge from it.

This quote comes to mind:

"Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place." ~Zora Neale Hurston

Let's help others come out from their hiding places.

Amen?

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
C99lbYxWsAc9hmx.jpg:large

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Any religion that justifies such savagery is trash. Also, wouldn't these "men" be candidates to have acid thrown in their faces as the eye for an eye principle of the Mosaic Law would seem to indicate?

I suspect these societies think the women are getting what they deserve...:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Any religion that justifies such savagery is trash. Also, wouldn't these "men" be candidates to have acid thrown in their faces as the eye for an eye principle of the Mosaic Law would seem to indicate?

Does that mean Christianity is trash because folks (some of them on this very forum) have used the Bible to justify slavery in America's antebellum south?

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Does that mean Christianity is trash because folks (some of them on this very forum) have used the Bible to justify slavery in America's antebellum south?

We can't rightfully attribute the savagery practiced by the slave system in the USA or elsewhere to biblical teaching because that type of brutality, where people are viewed as mere property with absolutely no human rights isn't condoned in the Bible. In other words, there are many sinful things which are wrongfully attributed to Christianity in the same way that they are wrongfully attributed to other religions.

Upvote 0