What have feminists done for these women? (graphic images)

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
What have you done for them?

Posting this information is surely a start, is it not?

It is unconscionable that this continues and has been going on, while victims silently suffer through it, some taking their lives.

Thank GOD our brother posted this.

He's ALREADY raising awareness of this monstrous abuse by posting this.

God have mercy.

Praying.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes. It is beyond belief that this could happen and even worse that it's been ignored or downplayed in this thread.

Thanks for praying for these women.

May God bless them.

God have mercy.

Praying, brother.

God help us.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
This isn't a women's issue it is a human issue.

It's good to call attention to this but you don't need to use it as a political soap box, doing so only detracts from the horror these women have been through.

It's most notably a WOMEN'S issue, and of course a "human" issue. After all, women ARE human beings. It is, unfortunately, a phenomenon that is peculiarly effecting "women". It is because of that peculiar phenomenon that "women" in particular, need relief, protection, safety and sane recourse.

Thank God for those who bring this to the attention of as many as possible.

The shroud of secrecy that's been over these women, is downright deadly.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wish that those who wish to dismiss or deflect would try to imagine being a blinded and disfigured woman in a place like Pakistan.
You should consider also, if you were one of these woman, would you want someone posting your pictures on forum to support their own personal grievances against a group of people? They went through enough...they dont need people arguing around their pictures. you could have just as easily got the prayers without postings pictures or talking about how you feel others dont do enough.

• Winner
Reactions: omarose
Upvote 0

omarose

Jan 8, 2014
✟8,388.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
If these things are so hidden and unreported, how is it that you know about them? What is your source that I may examine it.

I was one of them, and now I am an advocate. Because women do talk then go back, and turn into a very viscous cycle for them. Some do not escape with their lives. It took me 5 years to finally leave, and it was in the back of an ambulance. I was lucky. I am not alone.
How I know? I actually talk to women in a not condescending way and get to hear their stories.
Use the information i give and go talk to women in a nonthreatening way to their livelihood and relationship. See what they say. Go to a victims shelter male or female or childrens.

Understanding Why Victims Stay
Why Do Women Stay In Abusive Relationships?
Why Do People Stay in Abusive Relationships?
Barriers to leave abusive relationships

-USA Christian Led Domestic Abuse Shelters-
Faith Based Domestic Violence Help - FOCUS Ministries, Inc.
Sheltering Wings | Haven – Home – Hope
Shelter
http://www.thedwellingplaceshelter.org/
Home

Also if you really want to get involved with reducing Acid Attacks on people I recommend this group as well. Prayer does much, actions is proof of constant vigilance.

Statistics

-Random site for you about a women who suffered through an acid attack-
http://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...xtraordinary-courage-of-acid-attack-survivors

Reactions: goodgirl
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
You should consider also, if you were one of these woman, would you want someone posting your pictures on forum to support their own personal grievances against a group of people? They went through enough...they dont need people arguing around their pictures. you could have just as easily got the prayers without postings pictures or talking about how you feel others dont do enough.

I would suspect that these women who suffered such horrific abuse are perfectly aware of the pictures and consent to it, to give a "voice" to the very real, hidden victimization that goes on, and has for generations. It's part of their experience. They have nothing to be ashamed of. It's the perpetrators and the powers that be and the "secrecy" of this horrific abuse that needs to be ashamed.

Praying.

• Winner
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Secondly, I vote, and raise awareness, so that we don't import this into the US.

I agree and find it to be amazing in a sad way how many here in the States have been blinded to what's going on.

Even on this little Internet site some will say -- let them all in.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

I agree and find it to be amazing in a sad way how many here in the States have been blinded to what's going on.

M-Bob
Where has anyone said anything of the sort?

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I would suspect that these women who suffered such horrific abuse are perfectly aware of the pictures and consent to it, to give a "voice" to the very real, hidden victimization that goes on, and has for generations. It's part of their experience. They have nothing to be ashamed of. It's the perpetrators and the powers that be and the "secrecy" of this horrific abuse that needs to be ashamed.

Praying.

You are right, as usual, Brinny.

Standing up for the truly oppressed is unpopular but worth it for the sake of these ladies.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Praying.
I would suspect that they would want their pictures used by groups who are helping them.....not individuals with personal agendas. These women are beautiful and strong. But that is not the message being delivered here.....the message is to look at how bad they look while these other woman are fighting for tampons. We are to lead by example, not by putting other people down who we feel arent leading in the right direction.

• Winner
Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

M-Bob

Thanks, MB.

It's sad that Christians would not care about the welfare of these women, but as the chief of sinners that I am, I must declare them more righteous than I.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Thanks, MB.

It's sad that Christians would not care about the welfare of these women, but as the chief of sinners that I am, I must declare them more righteous than I.
Who doesn't care about the welfare of these women?

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I would suspect that they would want their pictures used by groups who are helping them.....not individuals with personal agendas. These women are beautiful and strong. But that is not the message being delivered here.....the message is to look at how bad they look while these other woman are fighting for tampons. We are to lead by example, not by putting other people down who we feel arent leading in the right direction.

These women have nothing to be ashamed of, and should not stay "hidden" shrouded and hidden in silence as they have been for generations.

When i see these pictures, it's heart-wrenching to see what they have suffered through and still are.

When there has been horrific abuse, part of the healing process is to learn to not be "ashamed" and to not "hide" what happened, and not acquiesce, shrinking into the shadows, as if they are to "blame" for what happened, as if the perpetrator had a "right" to do this.

Part of the healing, is "speaking out", and part of "speaking out" is to state the reality of what happens to women. Sometimes, "speaking out" is done in pictures.

And part of speaking out is to continue to do so, until someone "listens", and to never ever shrink into the background or fade away.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
These women have nothing to be ashamed of, and should not stay "hidden" shrouded and hidden in silence as they have been for generations.

When i see these pictures, it's heart-wrenching to see what they have suffered through and still are.

When there has been horrific abuse, part of the healing process is to learn to not be "ashamed" and to not "hide" what happened, and not acquiesce, shrinking into the shadows, as if they are to "blame" for what happened, as if the perpetrator had a "right" to do this.

Part of the healing, is "speaking out", and part of "speaking out" is to state the reality of what happens to women. Sometimes, "speaking out" is done in pictures.

And part of speaking out is to continue to do so, until someone "listens", and to never ever shrink into the background or fade away.
You are right. But this is clearly not what is being done on this thread. It should be all about them....not about religion or bashing groups that dont help. The heart-wrenching that you experienced was the design of this thread....to get to your emotions so that you can direct them negatively to the "feminist groups" and other religions. So you are proving it was successful. you feel moved to argue about the topic, not support the women. I just feel like if, i were them, I would not like this. Their message and pictures should be shared by people and groups willings to help and show others how to help.....Leave their pictures out of arguments about what is not being done......this doesnt help anyone but the person making the argument.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
You are right. But this is clearly not what is being done on this thread. It should be all about them....not about religion or bashing groups that dont help. The heart-wrenching that you experienced was the design of this thread....to get to your emotions so that you can direct them negatively to the "feminist groups" and other religions. So you are proving it was successful. you feel moved to argue about the topic, not support the women. I just feel like if, i were them, I would not like this. Their message and pictures should be shared by people and groups willings to help and show others how to help.....Leave their pictures out of arguments about what is not being done......this doesnt help anyone but the person making the argument.

There are two purposes to this thread. First, to bring attention to women who have suffered greatly under an oppressive false religion. Second, to point out the hypocrisy of third wave feminists. Which one these points do you disagree with and why?

Upvote 0

omarose

Jan 8, 2014
✟8,388.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
FYI acid attacks have happened in the USA. Not as much as other countries, but it exists. It isnt relegated to a certain religion either.

Acid attack a couple years back in AZ -> Acid Attack Leaves Second Woman Scarred

Also another great group who specifies in Acid Attacks on a Global scale:
Why it happens | Acid Violence | Acid Survivors Trust International

Acid Violence
Why it happens
Victims of acid violence are attacked for many reasons, and the patterns of attack vary from country to country. Sometimes they result from domestic or land disputes, dowry demands or revenge. In many cases they are a form of gender based violence, perhpas because a young girl or woman spurned sexual advances or rejected a marriage proposal. As the mother of an acid attack survivor in Bangladesh told us, referring to the attack on her daughter by her new husband,

The man to whom we handed over our beloved daughter with the hope that he would nurture her dream, has shattered it instead.

Many children, men and the elderly are also attacked.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0