Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Regardless of whether you believe the media is biased or unbiased, we only ever see a small portion of what any President has done when we see or read the news. I want to see a source that explains, objectively, what the president has accomplished. What sort of bills he has signed in, what he's been doing behind the scenes, etc.

As I've been looking, all I've found is one-sided accounts of either good things or bad things that Trump has accomplished. I'm actually pretty neutral on Trump, and I just want to be more informed. If you know of a resource like this, please share!

Thank you; and whatever you think of the president, we can all agree that he needs prayers.

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,147,798.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Regardless of whether you believe the media is biased or unbiased, we only ever see a small portion of what any President has done when we see or read the news. I want to see a source that explains, objectively, what the president has accomplished. What sort of bills he has signed in, what he's been doing behind the scenes, etc.

As I've been looking, all I've found is one-sided accounts of either good things or bad things that Trump has accomplished. I'm actually pretty neutral on Trump, and I just want to be more informed. If you know of a resource like this, please share!

Thank you; and whatever you think of the president, we can all agree that he needs prayers.
One of the biggest long term impacts is in regard to the makeup of the federal courts, as he is appointing right wing candidates without thought to balance.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Some commentators think that the revised NAFTA has some improvements over the old one. Various other things like trade relations in Asia and troop withdrawals are still up in the air in terms of what will actually happen and what the ultimate results will be. Some things are a matter of perspective, e.g. is it better to have a conservative-led supreme court or not, are short terms economic gains better than slower long term growth etc. Some people approve of Trump's aggressive tactics on dealing with refugees and migrants.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

I’ve asked this question many times and never gotten anything more substantive than what you’ve already been given in the first couple responses.

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟373,369.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

When Trump got into office, he had meetings with some of the top CEO’s telling his intention to cut taxes and that they trickle down the tax savings to the employees. Many companies gave their employees raises, bonuses, or other forms of payments as a result of his tax cuts. This put money in the hands of ordinary people.
https://www.investors.com/news/wal-...ge-to-11-as-tax-cuts-trickle-down-to-workers/

He also cut many of the regulations that was preventing oil production in the USA, and within months of him entering office the USA became the #1 oil producer in the world; something that has not been accomplished in 35 years. When oil prices drop, fuel prices drop. When the price at the pump drops, this puts more money in the hands of the poor than anything else because high fuel prices affects the poor more than anyone else.
America unseats Russia, Saudi Arabia as No. 1 oil producer
He also cut countless other regulations which caused many business to thrive and hire more people. This caused unemployment to drop, and the economy to soar.
Cutting taxes and regulations isn’t really a magic formula, it’s just getting the government out of the way and allowing the economy to grow.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,589.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
When Trump got into office, he had meetings with some of the top CEO’s telling his intention to cut taxes and that they trickle down the tax savings to the employees. Many companies gave their employees raises, bonuses, or other forms of payments as a result of his tax cuts. This put money in the hands of ordinary people.
https://www.investors.com/news/wal-...ge-to-11-as-tax-cuts-trickle-down-to-workers/

He also cut many of the regulations that was preventing oil production in the USA, and within months of him entering office the USA became the #1 oil producer in the world; something that has not been accomplished in 35 years. When oil prices drop, fuel prices drop. When the price at the pump drops, this puts more money in the hands of the poor than anything else because high fuel prices affects the poor more than anyone else.
He also cut countless other regulations which caused many business to thrive and hire more people. This caused unemployment to drop, and the economy to soar.
Cutting taxes and regulations isn’t really a magic formula, it’s just getting the government out of the way and allowing the economy to grow.
Good thing nature you can just externalise costs to the environment without any repercussions.

• Haha
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

From white house.

Trump Administration Accomplishments | The White House

Tracking President Trump's campaign promises.

| President Donald J. Trump's Accomplishments

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,589.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
  • Agree
Reactions: Tom 1
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟282,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

This is a good example of the fact-free propaganda that tends to permeate these discussions. The US had been on track to become the top crude producer for several years before Trump was elected, mainly driven by high oil prices and improved drilling technology. With as long as it takes to develop oil deposits, there’s no way for anybody to sign anything and have the market turn around within a year. It’s impossible. Additionally, that CNN article has a graph of US oil production that shows the growth trend predated Trump. Even your source doesn’t support your claim.

The same can be said for unemployment rates - nothing changed after he got into office, they merely continued forward as they had been. Go ahead and try to prove me wrong, but you won’t be able to.

• Agree
Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Wikipedia on the Trump Presidency. It's long and not quite bullet points, but I would scroll through domestic policy and foreign policy.

Sample:

Agriculture
Due to Trump's trade tariffs combined with depressed commodities prices, American farmers faced the worst crisis in decades.[187] Trump provided farmers $12 billion in direct payments in July 2018 to mitigate the negative impacts of his tariffs, increasing the payments by $14.5 billion in May 2019 after trade talks with China ended without agreement.[188] Most of the administration's aid went to the largest farms.[189]Politico reported in May 2019 that some economists in the Agriculture Department were being punished for presenting analyses showing farmers were being harmed by Trump's trade and tax policies, with six economists having more than 50 years of combined experience at the Service resigning on the same day.[190] Trump's fiscal 2020 budget proposed a 15% funding cut for the Agriculture Department, calling farm subsidies "overly generous"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
This is a good example of the fact-free propaganda that tends to permeate these discussions. The US had been on track to become the top crude producer for several years before Trump was elected, mainly driven by high oil prices and improved drilling technology. With as long as it takes to develop oil deposits, there’s no way for anybody to sign anything and have the market turn around within a year. It’s impossible. Additionally, that CNN article has a graph of US oil production that shows the growth trend predated Trump. Even your source doesn’t support your claim.

The same can be said for unemployment rates - nothing changed after he got into office, they merely continued forward as they had been. Go ahead and try to prove me wrong, but you won’t be able to.
As you can see from the chart, in 1985 US oil production began to drop from approx 9000 barrels per day to half that, then after the recession began to go back up again to slightly above the 1985 level in 2015 which it began to drop again (probably due to the Dakota pipeline protests that trump ended as soon as he got into office) towards the end of 2016 it suddenly began to rise again to 13,000. Do you really believe it would have risen to that level had Trump not been in office?
https://www.macrotrends.net/2562/us-crude-oil-production-historical-chart

As you can see from the below chart, over the past 50 years unemployment in a healthy economy is usually 4%-6%. After the recession ended it went from a high of 10% back to a healthy 4% when Obama left office. When Trump entered office, it dropped down to 3% something unseen in 50 years.
Compare Today's Unemployment with the Past

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
A few hundred feet of new wall, abortions are still legal, Obamacare is still around, the Right is being United, previously hidden racism is full out in the open, changed the wording of NAFTA, good stuff.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Congress.gov | Library of Congress
Legislative Search Results{%22source%22:%22legislation%22,%22search%22:%22latestMajorActionCode:28000%22}&searchResultViewType=expanded

The second link is every bill that has been presented to the President and which ones have become law.

Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I looked at what others were saying about Trump on trade and the responses were mostly negative. But this issue like so many others may simply reflect the bias of the writer's agenda. We need to recognize that the agenda for most in national politics is to globalize more. More immigration, more trade, more international law and norms for all. Backed by numerous and wealthy groups and think tanks, the elite pressed on. Trump has pushed on the brakes. He has tried to hold other countries accountable and his advisor Peter Navarro is top notch. Read his book, Death by China if you are in doubt. Trump has stood up against intellectual property theft, foreign hackers and done about as much as he could in this important area. No other President really even tried, most in fact were happy to hand over U.S. manufacturing which surely is hurting us now with tight supplies of PPE and pharmaceuticals during this needy time.

Trump's other successes have to include his support of Israel. Not only moving the embassy to Jerusalem, but his support in general has been helpful. Here is an opinion piece outlining this view. If You Support Israel, Support Trump | The Emory Wheel

Lastly, Trump has picked conservative judges. Unlike both Bush's, his picks are holding their conservative stances in most things. He made this promise to conservatives and he has delivered on judges.

If you look at Trump's bad points there are some. He handled COVID poorly. He consistently has had a budget that is out of control, even before COVID, there were issues. He has done poorly in responding to the economy after COVID too. Granted much of that is on Congress, he could have pushed for more long-term policies, like spending on infrastructure, more modest benefits and less wasted monies going to businesses that are likely to fail anyway.

I do think he has hurt race relations, and helped increase rather than diffuse social unrest.

I am not neutral but the COVID strategy was so bad from Trump that I do not know if I will vote. Sorry, that most of this is opinion but good luck if anyone here can find objective pros and cons of what Trump has done in office.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.