Sunny, Florida
✟7,899.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I am hearing terrible things on the news. :eek: Terrorist attacks, countries bombing one another, just absolute terrible things! This is both shocking and extremely upsetting. :(
Please pray for our country, along with the rest of the world. I hate what I'm hearing, what happened to world peace and happiness?!
We all need to pull together and seriously pray about this. :groupray:

While I'm making this thread, I thought I would ask for some prayer as well. My mother and I will be flying to Devner to participate in a walk next week and I think I heard that's where a few bombs were smuggled in (hopefully I heard wrong) :sorry:. A little prayer would be great! I'm beginning to wonder if we should even bother going since there's been so much of this going on lately. It seems like there's no safe place in this world anymore :(. Part of me just wants to turn the TV/radio off and pretend none of this is happening.

Dear Lord,
I pray for all the countries that are currently being attacked and for the countries that are attacking. Please soften their hearts. I don't understand what this world is coming to anymore, I'm totally baffled, Lord. Please help us all pull together and pray for our world and all the people inside of it. Mend the broken hearts and heal the broken bones and let there be no more sorrow and saddness.
:prayer:
In Your name I pray,
Amen!
Let's all get together and pray!!! :groupray:
Stay safe everyone!

God bless! :angel:

SunMessenger

Devoted To The Holy Spirit Of God
Apr 27, 2006
New England
✟202,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
MissyA said:
I am hearing terrible things on the news. :eek: Terrorist attacks, countries bombing one another, just absolute terrible things! This is both shocking and extremely upsetting. :(
Please pray for our country, along with the rest of the world. I hate what I'm hearing, what happened to world peace and happiness?!
We all need to pull together and seriously pray about this. :groupray:

While I'm making this thread, I thought I would ask for some prayer as well. My mother and I will be flying to Devner to participate in a walk next week and I think I heard that's where a few bombs were smuggled in (hopefully I heard wrong) :sorry:. A little prayer would be great! I'm beginning to wonder if we should even bother going since there's been so much of this going on lately. It seems like there's no safe place in this world anymore :(. Part of me just wants to turn the TV/radio off and pretend none of this is happening.

Dear Lord,
I pray for all the countries that are currently being attacked and for the countries that are attacking. Please soften their hearts. I don't understand what this world is coming to anymore, I'm totally baffled, Lord. Please help us all pull together and pray for our world and all the people inside of it. Mend the broken hearts and heal the broken bones and let there be no more sorrow and saddness.
In Your name I pray,
Amen!
Stay safe everyone!

Amen

Upvote 0

tapero

Legend
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2004
Visit site
✟88,544.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dear Lord, I pray for Missy's safety in travels and her mom's. I pray Lord that you would return but until you do please Lord help us in the battles we are facing. Bring many to you, and give our allies good discernment and intelligence on these matters. May the terrorists attempts come to nothing. In Jesus name I pray. Amen

Upvote 0

newbeliever02072005

Have Courage to Trust God
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2005
WV
✟52,180.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
MissyA said:
I am hearing terrible things on the news. Terrorist attacks, countries bombing one another, just absolute terrible things! This is both shocking and extremely upsetting.
We all need to pull together and seriously pray about this.

Dear Lord.....We need Your bright and glorious light to shine in every crevous of the world. Penetrate the hearts and minds of the angry and darkened souls. They need to know the redemption power of Christ's blood and I pray that they will come to know that very soon. Then and only then can the change of heart begin w/the Holy Spirit's guiding. Please hear our crys for peace Lord.....Amen!

While I'm making this thread, I thought I would ask for some prayer as well. My mother and I will be flying to Devner to participate in a walk next week and I think I heard that's where a few bombs were smuggled in (hopefully I heard wrong) . A little prayer would be great! I'm beginning to wonder if we should even bother going since there's been so much of this going on lately. It seems like there's no safe place in this world anymore . Part of me just wants to turn the TV/radio off and pretend none of this is happening.

Dear Lord,
In Your name I pray,
Amen!
Stay safe everyone!

HI MissyA,

I just wanted to say that part of you is right about turning the tv/radio off. The part of ignoring isn't going to make things go away though:(. I have been in your place and wondered what is the point of living in a world that is full of hate and rage. However, I come to realize something. First the Lord is in control...no matter what. What is in His will is what is going to be. The second thing I have come to realize is that what I see on tv or hear on the radio is just a fraction of what is really going on in the world. We are let into some part of the world through someone else's perspective. Which means we can't fully get the whole picture/situation. I believe that for every one bad story on the news that there is one good story out there.

I have chosen not to watch the news and only allow my heart to know what is going on around me locally.

[bible]Lamentations 3:51[/bible]

This is where the biggest change can happen because I am able to be available to God's plan. I can go out into my community and make a difference by showing my friends/neighbors what God's love is about. Its got to start from our own heart then it spreads outward to eventually it can affect the whole world.

Go on your walk. Enjoy the day and trust that God has your best interest at heart for not only you & your mom but for everyone.

God bless,
Newbeliever :)

Reactions: ashley lynne
Upvote 0

ashley lynne

Loving mom and spouse ♥
Nov 10, 2005
Sunny, Florida
✟7,899.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
newbeliever02072005 said:

Dear Lord.....We need Your bright and glorious light to shine in every crevous of the world. Penetrate the hearts and minds of the angry and darkened souls. They need to know the redemption power of Christ's blood and I pray that they will come to know that very soon. Then and only then can the change of heart begin w/the Holy Spirit's guiding. Please hear our crys for peace Lord.....Amen!

HI MissyA,

I just wanted to say that part of you is right about turning the tv/radio off. The part of ignoring isn't going to make things go away though:(. I have been in your place and wondered what is the point of living in a world that is full of hate and rage. However, I come to realize something. First the Lord is in control...no matter what. What is in His will is what is going to be. The second thing I have come to realize is that what I see on tv or hear on the radio is just a fraction of what is really going on in the world. We are let into some part of the world through someone else's perspective. Which means we can't fully get the whole picture/situation. I believe that for every one bad story on the news that there is one good story out there.

I have chosen not to watch the news and only allow my heart to know what is going on around me locally.

[bible]Lamentations 3:51[/bible]

This is where the biggest change can happen because I am able to be available to God's plan. I can go out into my community and make a difference by showing my friends/neighbors what God's love is about. Its got to start from our own heart then it spreads outward to eventually it can affect the whole world.

Go on your walk. Enjoy the day and trust that God has your best interest at heart for not only you & your mom but for everyone.

God bless,
Newbeliever :)

I totally agree :thumbsup:. For every one bad story, I believe there is one good one. I know we are all kept from what is going on this world sometimes, and I know it is good to know what is going on with other countries other than our own. I was just watching the news for the first time in about a month yesterday, and hearing about all this just kind of shocked me.
Like you said, plugging your ears and closing your eyes isn't going to make any of this go away, but sometimes I wish it would make everything right in this world. I want us to all get along, I don't want everyone to fight about little things anymore. But they do, and I know I can't change that. But, I can pray for these other countries and I can pray for God's will to be done and I can still continue to try to make an impact on other people and show a Christ-like attitude. We can all continue to show others the love of the Lord. :)

Lord,
As we continue to pray I hope that everyone remembers to continue on their daily walk with you, and to not be brought down by all this saddness and destruction. I pray that all of these wordly events will not steal their joy, and that they will continue to be happy and rejoice in You. I pray that Your will will be done.
Please keep everyone safe today and help them remember how great You truly are. Amen! :prayer:

Upvote 0