Colorado
✟17,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I first had a seed planted when I tried an Orthodox Church service with my friend and his family. I noticed everyone was very gracious and had a very strong love for God and as I talk to my friend he is explaining to me about theosis how God's grace helps transform people and how it changes peoples lives. I noticed that Christians were very different from the general public in a good way, it lead me to believe that this was all real.

I start reading the Bible, I didn't start off at Genesis or the Gospels like most people but I started off reading the prophetical books since those were the books I found the most fascinating. I read the book of Daniel, Isaiah, Job, and I believed that there was no way these books were written by mere human wisdom I believed the Bible to be divinely inspired by God since there is no other explanation on how these prophecies came true with such accuracy.

Quickly thereafter, there was such an irresistible urge to find truth, I already knew about God's Holy standard on how we are all separated because of sin. I was ready to accept Jesus by faith even though I only went through a fraction of the prophecies. The urge came to read the gospel, and then read revelation about the book of life. The Holy Spirit came like a wind the moment I believed with my heart and transformed me that night when I accepted and believed Jesus as Lord and what he has done.

For now I have a pull towards Orthodoxy, which I look forward to joining as I study history and denominations.

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
As a former Hindu, I was raised by devout parents. But, I never felt the Presence of God and was not satisfied with pagan deities. I was introduced to Christ by some friends when I was a student in the US. I felt the Presence of God for the first time. A subsequent near death experience due to alcohol poisoning hastened the conversion. Peace in Christ:).

Upvote 0

Wordkeeper

Oct 1, 2013
✟91,080.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I first had a seed planted when I tried an Orthodox Church service with my friend and his family. I noticed everyone was very gracious and had a very strong love for God and as I talk to my friend he is explaining to me about theosis how God's grace helps transform people and how it changes peoples lives. I noticed that Christians were very different from the general public in a good way, it lead me to believe that this was all real.

I start reading the Bible, I didn't start off at Genesis or the Gospels like most people but I started off reading the prophetical books since those were the books I found the most fascinating. I read the book of Daniel, Isaiah, Job, and I believed that there was no way these books were written by mere human wisdom I believed the Bible to be divinely inspired by God since there is no other explanation on how these prophecies came true with such accuracy.

Quickly thereafter, there was such an irresistible urge to find truth, I already knew about God's Holy standard on how we are all separated because of sin. I was ready to accept Jesus by faith even though I only went through a fraction of the prophecies. The urge came to read the gospel, and then read revelation about the book of life. The Holy Spirit came like a wind the moment I believed with my heart and transformed me that night when I accepted and believed Jesus as Lord and what he has done.

For now I have a pull towards Orthodoxy, which I look forward to joining as I study history and denominations.
You don't have to join a denomination. You can pray daily for bread. That's what Scripture says you should do to know what your problem is and how Christ is the solution to it. Then you'll also find out the terms and conditions to the Covenant which you need to agree to to receive its benefits are. Walk in with your eyes open. To confirm these revelations, share your understanding here or with other believers elsewhere. Their understanding of their received revelation will decide if you have built with wood and straw or with precious "stones".

Upvote 0