What has God filled your heart with today?

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Hey All,

This is a spinoff from one of Songz777's (John's) threads. From his thread I got the idea that if we have our lives filled with God there is no more room in our hearts to fill it with the worries of the world.

So I went to work the following day and as I started filling my heart with the worries of the day I remembered John's words of wisdom. As I stared out my classroom window worrying about the dodgy photocopying of the homework I had to send out with my students at the end of the day, I realised how silly I was. In the light of all the good that I could be filled with, in that moment, I chose to be filled with other things.

So I am going to try and keep an accountability thread and I am asking you to join me. I am going to try and describe what thoughts have been consuming my day and filling up my heart and reflect on them in accordance to God's word. I am hoping to spend more time reflecting on the good things that God has blest me with rather than the silly things like whether the photocopier is working, the sound and smell of the generator (that had to be turned on at 7:00am this morning when we lost power in the local area) and other distractions that keep me from being filled with Holy Spirit.

Blessings.
Evie

S

StarryEyes

A woman with love and passion yesterday got me thinking..

She asked me how I am and I said "good".. and she said just good?? not great?? And I said ok, I'm great! :)

How often I forget that I'm truly, truly, truly so very blessed! It was a good reminder. So much of the time I buy into satan's lies that I don't matter, that nobody notices me or knows I exist, and I just go around living like that.. but God sees my every move, and knows my every thought! He's surrounded me with His love and blessings all of my days.. there's always something to look forward to with Him! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Beauty4Ashes
Upvote 0

Rory

The Dude abides...
Nov 16, 2005
So Cal
Visit site
✟14,911.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Today God has blessed me with love and peace. I've already been tested once today and He filled me with peace and didn't let my anxiety even come close the the surface.

This is a new feeling for my heart. I gotta say I love it. Thank you Lord. :thumbsup:

Great thread btw, I will definitely be a regular in it. :)

Reactions: Revived
Upvote 0

white dove

(she's a) maniac
Jan 23, 2004
Out there, livin'
✟49,357.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Oooh.. good thread. :)

The Lord has reminded me of the lessons I've learned, the hard things I've gone through, the hope that came from those things and that other people in my life are now going through those very same things, requiring either what I did not have at that time, what I learned at that time or what I was too late in realizing. I believe that people tend to come into my life at just an appropriate time for a reason, so I take it quite seriously when people reach out to me.

Saying you love someone is not enough. As Christians, we have to love even those who might despise us or attack us. For perhaps half of last year, I was dealing with a constant attack of someone I really didn't expect to bombard me with such negativity (actually, I had a couple people doing it, but one that stood out from the rest). I saw these people everyday. I dined with these people. I shared in their lives. In some ways, I still don't get it -- what really happened there. But, I just can't have hate or resentment for those people.

For one, bitterness sucks and if you hold onto it, you lose -- not the other person. And two, I am not called to just "tolerate" people. I'm called to love them. I still see these people as my "enemy," but not in the way I once did. I don't see devil horns or fire breathing from their mouth. I don't curse them nor do I wish them any harm. I see a flawed person who God loves. So, who am I not to be able to do the same?

It was funny... even in the midst of that, I was able to befriend these people. I could laugh because even though they were clearly betraying me, I would never have thought to do the same. I've been like this for a long time.. and I know it isn't all-me. I'll still talk to them or share with them/listen to them. If they're toxic, probably not.. but more than likely, I will. Jesus talked to the despised. He loved them. I think that has to do with the Spirit because as just a simple human being, I don't have it in me to love those who are out to hurt or hate others.

Also, God has given me so much peace about certain things and it's a matter of resting in Him for the rest -- the stuff that is hard to let go of. God's been teaching me a lot lately. :)

Upvote 0

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Saying you love someone is not enough. As Christians, we have to love even those who might despise us or attack us.

Wow reading this really took hold of my heart and reminded me that I am here in Dili for more than just my job. As some of you may know (or may not) Dili is a post-political crisis country with a strong UN presents. It is hard here. The rules of normal Western society do not apply here and the foreigners are not always welcome. So with all the stories and the weird things that happen it was a timely reminder that I am supposed to love all those around me.

Upvote 0

peacechild4

My ♥ is hidden in GOD~ want to find me ~ find GOD
Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
I have peace as I embrace my single life and looking to the future.. I have let go.. after many many years in an unhappy marriage and struggling as I tried to hang on.. I can finally say I am at peace with going forward looking for the future GOD has for me..

Upvote 0

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I have had a great day today. Though it is funny. In a country where around 50% of the population earn around $US1 a day, I managed to spend around $US100 and that was only on groceries! I live in a country where a litre of yogurt is $US9.50 and a litre of fresh milk is $US6.50 (BTW the US dollar is the currency here that is why I know the price that way).

Sp the day started out with a friend coming over for coffee and then asking if we wanted to go shopping. As she has a car it was great to get out and see the beautiful beach near our house. Although you can't swim there it is beautiful to see the ocean. As we are driving along the road we see a man carrying a stick across his back with fish and crayfish (lobsters) hanging by string. After a little haggling we managed to buy some but not for me as I don't eat seafood. We then headed to first shop to the basic shopping. Then we headed to the market for fruit and vegetables. Then we went to another shop to buy our frozen meat and then to the Turkish shop for bread and cookies. Whew! It was hard. We managed to get it all home to realise that for 2 people we bought enough to feed a family of 6! Lol

But the real lesson in all of this is how blessed I am. In all things I was able to not only afford all I wanted but was able to get home (car's are wonderful things). And as I am sitting here, watching my satelite tv from Indonesia, I was watching a program about a man travelling through Nepal. He said that most amazing thing about him being a spoilt foreigner as he gave up a good job with good income in a stable country to travel for a year! And as I reflect on my own life and how I have struggled here, I have realised that I too fall into the trap of being a spoilt foreigner.

It is so easy for me to think that I deserve more. That I want more than this for my life. Yet I am learning that it is not what I want for my life but it is what God wants for my life. I am trying to come to terms with being a foreigner living in an emerging country and being grateful for all that I have here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I have peace as I embrace my single life and looking to the future.. I have let go.. after many many years in an unhappy marriage and struggling as I tried to hang on.. I can finally say I am at peace with going forward looking for the future GOD has for me..

That is awesome. I have never been married but I know how hard it is to embrace the single life. I became so involved in trying to get a partner that I forgot all about living my life. It took a lot of prayer before I could really say that I gave God the opportunity to take control of that part of my life.

Blessings and prayers for you

Upvote 0

Revived

Fighting the good fight of faith.
Mar 25, 2009
Planted by the water
Visit site
✟30,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Great thread Evie! Today is simply a continuation of feeling the love with which He's filling my heart for Him and for others. He's taken my imperfect embrace of the relationships around me and transformed them into a meaningful, heartfelt relationships … filled with compassion, humility and accountability. Honestly, I'm experiencing a peace I've never had before. It's amazing!

Equally as important, He's also filled my mind with the wisdom that this brand of love and sense of peace can only be attained by relinquishing control of my life ... by moving forward with an unwavering focus and trust in the Holy Spirit to guide my thoughts, words and actions. I still make mistakes and drift off the path at times but with each passing day I'm less inclined to feel shameful and defeated and more inclined to refocus and walk in the light. Praise God, He's worthy! :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

white dove

(she's a) maniac
Jan 23, 2004
Out there, livin'
✟49,357.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Good stuff, peeps! :thumbsup:

I'm slowly (sloooowly) learning to release control to God. I've been having this impressed on me for a LONG time (perhaps over a decade), 2 words: Let. Go.

I'm a control freak. I need to feel in control of things in my life. When I don't? Chaos. So, when it comes to what I'm struggling with right now, something I can't really control at all.. I have to just let go and give it over to God -- all of it. It's REALLY difficult, but it is time.

Upvote 0

BRISH

Loved
Jun 16, 2009
✟15,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
christian fellowship

My appreciation has grown and is overflowing. It's something purely amazing and conquering.

I guess there's a song that says it better. (Toby Mac)

"Momma never said it would be like this
I never knew such bliss existed
Or maybe it's just so indescribable
Love was liable to get her twisted
She never told me but if she tried I was a little too young it floated right by me
I never dreamed love so fulfilling it's simply killing and over spilling on me
It goes on and on '¦

This ain't no ordinary
This ain't no ordinary love
This ain't no ordinary
Gonna tell everyone up under the sun
This ain't no ordinary
This ain't no ordinary

I refuse to believe we're a dying breed
Children of peace hope and harmony
Ordinary folks extraordinary love
Something from above
Something we fall short of
You can't see with an untrained eye
But if you take a little time you are sure to find it
We complicate something so basic
But once you taste it you gonna chase it like me
It goes on and on '¦

A - yo here we go, open up the gates and let it flow '¦
Love's gonna take us higher

It's extraordinary love"

Upvote 0

peacechild4

Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
christian fellowship

My appreciation has grown and is overflowing. It's something purely amazing and conquering.

I guess there's a song that says it better. (Toby Mac)

"Momma never said it would be like this
I never knew such bliss existed
Or maybe it's just so indescribable
Love was liable to get her twisted
She never told me but if she tried I was a little too young it floated right by me
I never dreamed love so fulfilling it's simply killing and over spilling on me
It goes on and on '¦

This ain't no ordinary
This ain't no ordinary
Gonna tell everyone up under the sun
This ain't no ordinary
This ain't no ordinary

I refuse to believe we're a dying breed
Children of peace hope and harmony
Ordinary folks extraordinary love
Something from above
Something we fall short of
You can't see with an untrained eye
But if you take a little time you are sure to find it
We complicate something so basic
But once you taste it you gonna chase it like me
It goes on and on '¦

A - yo here we go, open up the gates and let it flow '¦
Love's gonna take us higher

It's extraordinary love"

Great lyrics... I will have to search for that song and have a listen..

Upvote 0

peacechild4

Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Great thread Evie! Today is simply a continuation of feeling the love with which He's filling my heart for Him and for others. He's taken my imperfect embrace of the relationships around me and transformed them into a meaningful, heartfelt relationships … filled with compassion, humility and accountability. Honestly, I'm experiencing a peace I've never had before. It's amazing!

Equally as important, He's also filled my mind with the wisdom that this brand of love and sense of peace can only be attained by relinquishing control of my life ... by moving forward with an unwavering focus and trust in the Holy Spirit to guide my thoughts, words and actions. I still make mistakes and drift off the path at times but with each passing day I'm less inclined to feel shameful and defeated and more inclined to refocus and walk in the light. Praise God, He's worthy! :D

His peace is amazing.. It is out of this world.. hence my screen name.. I love your sig scripture too about fathers..

Upvote 0