What has God been teaching you recently?

Chaston Hall

Nov 15, 2021
Austin, TX
✟8,825.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Patience and selflessness. These are two issues I've battled with the better part of the past 10 years. In the past 2 months, the Holy Spirit has performed a magnificent work within my heart. My marriage has gotten exponentially better since I've began to take the focus off of myself and exercise patience. Truly at a loss for words how happy my heart is these days. For so long the impatience and selfishness CONSUMED my marriage and life overall. I was an unhappy soul, and wanted to blame everyone else for my problems. Thanks be to God for pulling me out of that darkness, and to Jesus for allowing the sin to be forgiven. I'm in the process of retraining my brain on how to be patient and selfless. My mantra is, "It's not about YOU, stupid, don't be baby." Telling myself this helps immensely.

Upvote 0

Skye1300

Vegan Pro life Mom
Mar 19, 2022
West Coast USA
✟47,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
God has been teaching me lately to go green and use as little plastic as possible. So that's what I've been doing. :amen: I never realized how much plastic is involved in every day life. It's bad for the planet and takes hundreds of years to break down.

Upvote 0

Zion Princess

Jul 6, 2021
Cincinnati
✟10,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lately I’ve been learning to let go of my expectations of the way I think things will or should go in my life. They rarely do and causes more misery than necessary. it’s just a matter of time before things start working together for good. To trust beyond my understanding. Even when I can’t make even the slightest bit of sense out of anything I have to remember God is still in control. That is really deep when you realize that any control that we have over our surroundings is minuscule compared to God’s control. His power is humbling and beautiful. It is magnificent to see and makes my heart sing because he is actually good. That God chooses us because he loves as deeply as we love our children and even more. We love our children no matter what, and that’s how God feels about us. He wants us to love ourselves unconditionally as well. When we can love our whole selves, our true selves, the good along with the bad we will never be in danger of pride because we are fully aware of our shortcomings but accept ourselves anyway.

Upvote 0

YahuahSaves

Nov 19, 2022
Melbourne
✟30,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Trusting and relying on him for everything. I've always been very independent and never trusted anyone much (due to upbringing and isolation/rejection). Not having a plan A and plan B and knowing how I'm getting from A to B myself is kinda the scariest thing *no control*

Upvote 0

Sabri

Pentecostal -Apostolic
Nov 20, 2022
Mo
✟32,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Married
I am studying the art of what it means to “love my enemies” It’s a complicated topic that pushes one to become mature. I have shed a few tears over the fact that most of my enemies have not asked for forgiveness or have tried to right the wrongs. Some continue to do things that are offensive. So, at times it’s hurtful to pray for someone who continues to hurt you. I think it’s best to distance yourself from the people while you pray for them and yourself. This helps one to allow their heart to heal. I have prayed for those to repent and see me as their sister. I know I am still growing in this area. God says with man this is impossible with him and the Holy Spirit or Holy Ghost all things are possible. I pray that God increases my faith to see these individuals in the light of forgiveness. With ultimate forgiveness I then can move past hurt, pain, and disappointment.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LW97Nils

Jan 30, 2023
Germany's sin city - Munich
✟20,130.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sadly, that he may not be listening. This frightens me as I have more on my plate then ever before.
God listens to everything, brother. So I can comfort you that your worries are in vain :)

• Agree
Reactions: Lost Witness
Upvote 0

Owlette

Mar 21, 2012
✟95,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God has been teaching me to study the historical evidence of the Bible, to listen to sermons that interpret the Bible in the original languages it was written in, and has truly built more of a passion in me to study His word. This has opened my eyes, and deepened my faith, and caused me to reanalyze everything I’ve ever been taught in church. It‘s funny how the more I study God’s word, the more I realize how little I truly know and understand.

Great thread!

Upvote 0

Cypress88

Nov 30, 2022
Virginia
✟38,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He's shown me that I resent myself for....well a whole bunch of reasons. And when you blame yourself for everything...you've put yourself in a position of control that isn't yours. It means, essentially, I don't trust God because I believe I'll screw everything, I'll miss every opportunity, etc etc and there's No Fixing this mess that is me. Where I go from here I don't know. People say "Give it to God". Ok how do I do that? Yell, You see all this stuff burdening me? Take it up and off me?! It doesn't work like that. Sure He could do that. But there's a greater likelihood that He wants to get something into my thick skull or have me use my pain to help someone else or both.

Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sadly, that he may not be listening. This frightens me as I have more on my plate then ever before.
let me tell you something.
not long ago.
I was walking and having a random conversation and remember saying i wouldn't believe the LORD cared to my ex unless a random person came up to me and said it. told her I didn't believe anything she had said to me because she was biased.
not long after the LORD reached out to me to remind me that I was His Son. (hallelujah!!)
Never say he's not listening because he's always listening.
No idle word that leaves our mouths, fingers or thoughts that may enter into our heads or even our hearts ever comes to be without him knowing it.
There's not a moment when we're alone.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He's shown me that I resent myself for....well a whole bunch of reasons. And when you blame yourself for everything...you've put yourself in a position of control that isn't yours. It means, essentially, I don't trust God because I believe I'll screw everything, I'll miss every opportunity, etc etc and there's No Fixing this mess that is me. Where I go from here I don't know. People say "Give it to God". Ok how do I do that? Yell, You see all this stuff burdening me? Take it up and off me?! It doesn't work like that. Sure He could do that. But there's a greater likelihood that He wants to get something into my thick skull or have me use my pain to help someone else or both.
You give it to the LORD by acknowledging you can't do anything apart from him,
He's already in control. you just need to acknowledge it in your heart by trusting him. (that's my understanding of it anyways)

Upvote 0