What has God been teaching you recently?

sf49erfan

Veteran
Sep 30, 2005
Maryland (DC suburbs)
✟3,088.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I have been realizing that I need to serve my wife and daughters without expecting ANYTHING back. If God wants me to have a few minutes of quite, He'll provide it. I shouldn't attempt to barter that time with my family, "I'll do so and so for you, if I can watch "Lost" without interuption.

Now my understanding is that I need to do those things for them and then just see if God gives me the personal time, if not, there was probably something else that He wanted me to be doing with that time.

Upvote 0

newbeliever02072005

Have Courage to Trust God
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2005
WV
✟52,180.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am in the middle of learning to let go of a childhood "stronghold". I guess when it comes down to it....forgiving with an unconditional heart. Not with just the people I pick and choose. God wants us to show that forgivness to everyone because He has done it for us.

Upvote 0

oat02351

Senior Veteran
Oct 3, 2004
Massachusetts
✟7,652.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
sf49erfan said:
What have you been hearing from God recently?
how much I have to live for! Even when things happen or if I'm having a bad day, I know I got people that love me. Esp. when I come home crying (pms) and my better half will come up and give me these big hugs and stuff and lets me know everythings ok. We've helped eachother so much in the past I know He (God) is the one who brought us together

Reactions: Zion Princess
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
- Still patience. I used to be the most unpatient person.
- He has been teaching that I am much stronger person than I ever knew I would be. And I mean with Him, not with my own strength no.
- That I don’t need to be afraid of being me / being ridiculed, it’s ok it won’t break me. And it can be the thing which will make me stand out positively, not like weakness.
- That be wise when choosing friends.
- True peace comes only from God
- I don’t need to rely on other people for support I can trust God to support me
- Love wins hate and light wins darkness

not all those things are new, God keeps reminding me of these things.

Reactions: Chaston Hall
Upvote 0