Country
United States
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm confused about this. I have noticed that we leave the body when we die. But Do we sleep for a while till the end times. Like my mother would put it. But is that true or she being mislead?

In my understanding when we die we live the body spiritually...I think. Does anyone have better understanding?

Haipule

Jun 20, 2017
Honokawai, Maui HI
✟32,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm confused about this. I have noticed that we leave the body when we die. But Do we sleep for a while till the end times. Like my mother would put it. But is that true or she being mislead?

In my understanding when we die we live the body spiritually...I think. Does anyone have better understanding?
For as long as I live: I do not know! :)

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I believe we go to heaven.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Mediakira

Jun 6, 2011
Eaton, Ohio
✟34,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
I believe we go to heaven.

That's what I thought. Someone told me we don't go there we are going to live again on earth. But Jesus says in a Matthew's book the earth is going to die. There are so many different versions of Christianity and different versions of the way we die.

I like the one we get to see God in heaven. I so want to see Him and hug and kiss God. I want to show Him how much I love Him. If He allows me then I want to live there for eternity. Yes!!

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That's what I thought. Someone told me we don't go there we are going to live again on earth. But Jesus says in a Matthew's book the earth is going to die. There are so many different versions of Christianity and different versions of the way we die.

I like the one we get to see God in heaven. I so want to see Him and hug and kiss God. I want to show Him how much I love Him. If He allows me then I want to live there for eternity. Yes!!
We will be with God for eternity and it will be very beautiful :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We do go to "sleep". However it's not like we traditionally think. When you go to sleep you are conscious, just not conscious of this world. So when you die, you are conscious, just not conscious of this world.

Isaiah 14:9 gives us a glimpse into this. "Sheol beneath is stirred up to meet you when you come; it rouses the shades to greet you, all who were leaders of the earth; it raises from their thrones all who were kings of the nations."

Isaiah doesn't give us a scene of unconsciousness but consciousness that is "roused" in interest over worldly matters. When we die we do not lay dreaming. We are conscious to one realm of existence but unconscious to this realm of existence.

This word "stirred up" is the same word used by Samuel in protest to Saul in 1 Samuel 28:15 "Then Samuel said to Saul, “Why have you disturbed me by bringing me up?”" He doesn't claim to be woken, but disturbed.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Haipule

Jun 20, 2017
Honokawai, Maui HI
✟32,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I always imagined that when I die, My guardian angel will pick me up and shelter me within his wings and take me to Jesus. And when my angel unfolds his wings, I am face to face with my Lord Jesus. What a moment that will be!

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The idea doesn't seem outrageous to me, but few churches teach this view and it is generally considered to be one of the marks of a cult these days.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

LongLiveTheChrist

Jul 19, 2017
Texas
✟9,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus said to the thief on the cross "today, you will be with me in paradise".

Paradise is another name for Abraham's bosom - recall the story of the rich man and the beggar Lazarus, how the angels took Lazarus to Abraham's bosom, when he died.

Paradise/Abraham's bosom is an angelic realm for the dead who are spiritually righteous.

The word "sleep" is not literal sleep, as in unconsciousness; It's just a metaphorical way of saying rest, or relaxation; you are at peace, or at rest in this realm.

Moses and Elijah appeared on the mount of transfiguration. They were conscious, not asleep. They entered the Earthly realm from paradise/Abraham's bosom, so that they could talk with Jesus.

Also, when Jesus was upon the cross, the pharisees thought that Jesus, when he said "Eli, Eli...", was calling upon Elijah to help him. If Elijah was unconscious, in soul sleep, then he would not have heard Jesus calling to him.

Is it possible that Moses and Elijah were only temporarily awake on the mountain and that once their conversation was over, they returned to an unconscious state. Yeah, that's theroretically possible; but once you consider the story of the rich man and the beggar Lazarus - and what Jesus said to the thief on the cross - the soul sleep theory becomes refuted.

Also, the overwhelming number of near death experience (NDE) accounts of people still remaining conscious after they die, of entering heavenly realms with angels and God, further refutes the soul-sleep theory.

I hope this clarifies things.

God bless and Jesus be with you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Jesus said to the guy on the cross who was crucified with him, "today you will be with me in paradise". From that statement we can see when a person dies they are in heaven, or paradise, they are not unconscious, but fully aware.

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mediakira

Jun 6, 2011
Eaton, Ohio
✟34,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
Jesus said to the guy on the cross who was crucified with him, "today you will be with me in paradise". From that statement we can see when a person dies they are in heaven, or paradise, they are not unconscious, but fully aware.

I prayed to God, to help me when death does come. He is now with me a makes it easy on me about it. I'm not afraid of death as I once was. But I might not like it as it feels when you heart stop working. I really don't care if I have cancer right now. Because all I ever do is want to be with Jesus and the Father. So, bad in fact.

Jesus does say He will prepare a place for us, for those who love Him, and does His commandments. Which is to love others. But I'm having a hard time loving others. It's hard when you have an Atheist. They just make life uneasy to me. They are so rude.

• Prayers
Upvote 0