Status
Not open for further replies.

frost

Jun 24, 2003
Visit site
✟445.00
Faith
Christian
After the tribulation, when Jesus comes back to earth, what happens to the Christians who have died? Do they stay in heaven while Jesus reigns on Earth? What happens to Christians who are alive during the 1000 years? Do they live normally on Earth while Jesus is hanging out with them? What of the non-christians during the 1000 years? Do they STILL not believe even though Jesus is alive and among them? The whole 1000 years period is cofusing to me, any help would be appreciated.

Rafael

Only time enough for love
Jul 25, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟6,445.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Revelations 20:2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, 3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season. 4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. 7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

1 Corinthians 6:2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
1 Corinthians 6:3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

Upvote 0

sbbqb7n16

Veteran - Blue Bible Dude
Jan 13, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟25,010.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't mind to sound rude, but I really don't care what happens for the 1000 years after Jesus returns :D Just as long as He's back... that's fine with me.

Personally, I have always thought the same way as Raphe about what happens. But I try not to think about it :D

Upvote 0

Jerry_M

<font color="darkblue"><i><b>A filthy, rotten, sin
Mar 27, 2003
Visit site
✟7,717.00
Faith
Protestant
What if:

The "thousand years" is now? It could very well be that Satan being bound so that he can deceive the nations no longer is due to the fact that gentiles of all nations are coming to Christ as He draws them.

There is no "rapture"? Even the I Thessalonians passage describes those events as the "coming of the Lord".

My biggest problem with premillenial viewpoints is the fact that they can't explain all of the events of the so-called millenium. You have the saved of all the ages mixed in with people who are being born and dying, and who eventually rise up against Christ AFTER He has established His Kingdom on Earth.

Amillenialism doesn't have this problem. No two second comings of Christ, no wierd interim period of rebellion in the midst of Christ's Kingdom, and no "escape clause" for Christians who don't want to endure persecution. It is the third part of this that offends most premillenialists. They want to get "raptured" out before things get too hot for believers at the end.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟798,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Good points Jerry.
I too share your view about the inability of the premil position to explain the milennium, especially the part about Jesus Christ requiring human beings to render blood animal sacrifices directly to Him during the 1000 years for atonement.

Apparently rendering His "once for all" sacrifice on the cross "null and viod" during the milennium.

Indeed.

Upvote 0

frost

Jun 24, 2003
Visit site
✟445.00
Faith
Christian
I have admit I've not really done much study on end-times (hence my original post,) but it seems to me that to hold the view that we are in the thousand years, you have to say that all that stuff in Matthew 24 has already happened. That seems doubtful. Also, if the thousand years started after the destruction of Jerusalem, wouldn't that mean that that time is up since that was TWO thousand years ago?

Upvote 0

Arc

Lover of the Truth
Jun 29, 2003
St. Louis Metro Area, IL
Visit site
✟7,994.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have admit I've not really done much study on end-times (hence my original post,) but it seems to me that to hold the view that we are in the thousand years, you have to say that all that stuff in Matthew 24 has already happened. That seems doubtful. Also, if the thousand years started after the destruction of Jerusalem, wouldn't that mean that that time is up since that was TWO thousand years ago?

I'm currently studying the different views and none of them seem to be perfect. So what I'll do is try to give an answer to your questions from what I know.

It seems more and more likely that Matt 24-35 have already taken place. At least for the most part. Notice the "great tribulation" is mentioned in Matt 24:21 and the "Abomination of desolation". Now go back and read Matt 23. Jesus passes judgement on the Scribes and Pharisees, called the "Seven Woes". (Sounds like a precursor to the seven bowls, vials & seals). After that Jesus says:

Matt 23:
29 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you build the tombs of the prophets and adorn the monuments of the righteous,
30 and say, 'If we had been living in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partners with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.'
31 "So you testify against yourselves, that you are sons of those who murdered the prophets.
32 "Fill up, then, the measure of the guilt of your fathers.
33 "You serpents, you brood of vipers, how will you escape the sentence of hell?
34 "Therefore, behold, I am sending you prophets and wise men and scribes; some of them you will kill and crucify, and some of them you will scourge in your synagogues, and persecute from city to city,
35 so that upon you may fall the guilt of all the righteous blood shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, the son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar.
36 "Truly I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation.

"upon you may fall the guilt of all the righteous blood shed on earth" would seem to logically fit with:
Matt 24:21 "For then there will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever will.

and

Matt 16:
27 "For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and WILL THEN REPAY EVERY MAN ACCORDING TO HIS DEEDS.
28 "Truly I say to you, there are some of those who are standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom."

Matt24:
34 "Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place.

Jesus was crucified in 30AD and Jerusalem was destroyed in 70AD. It took place in that generation.

Jesus goes on to say:
37 "Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were unwilling.
38 "Behold, your house is being left to you desolate!
39 "For I say to you, from now on you will not see Me until you say, 'BLESSED IS HE WHO COMES IN THE NAME OF THE LORD!'"

Right after that Jesus says:
Matt 24:1 Jesus came out from the temple and was going away when His disciples came up to point out the temple buildings to Him.
2 And He said to them, "Do you not see all these things? Truly I say to you, not one stone here will be left upon another, which will not be torn down."
3 As He was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, "Tell us, when will these things happen, and what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?"

Notice how they ask Jesus multiple questions, and Jesus gives multiple answers.

Also notice:
Matt 24:15 "Therefore when you see the ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION which was spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand),
16 then those who are in Judea must flee to the mountains.
17 "Whoever is on the housetop must not go down to get the things out that are in his house.
18 "Whoever is in the field must not turn back to get his cloak.
19 "But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days!
20 "But pray that your flight will not be in the winter, or on a Sabbath.

The underlined events don't make much sense today. Those who are in Judea are the ones that need to be fleeing, and the Sabbath travel restrictions would not effect us today like it did then.

All that is just something to think about.

Upvote 0

Arc

Lover of the Truth
Jun 29, 2003
St. Louis Metro Area, IL
Visit site
✟7,994.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here are some reasons why I don't think there will be a 1000 year reign of Christ in a physical Kingdom on earth, at least not until the renewal of all things.

Matthew 18:
18 "I also say to you that you are Peter (Rock), and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it.
19 "I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven."

1 Peter 2:
4 And coming to Him as to a living stone which has been rejected by men, but is choice and precious in the sight of God,
5 you also, as living stones, are being built up as a spiritual house for a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 2:
19 So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and are of God's household,
20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone,
21 in whom the whole building, being fitted together, is growing into a holy temple in the Lord,
22 in whom you also are being built together into a dwelling of God in the Spirit.

We are being built up now, as spiritual stones or a church (assembly) of believers.

Revelation 20:
4 Then I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand; and they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.
6 Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years.

Matthew 27:50 And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice, and yielded up His spirit.
51 And behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom; and the earth shook and the rocks were split.
52 The tombs were opened, and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised;
53 and coming out of the tombs after His resurrection they entered the holy city and appeared to many.

Revelation 21:
10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the holy city, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God,
11 having the glory of God. Her brilliance was like a very costly stone, as a stone of crystal-clear jasper.
12 It had a great and high wall, with twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels; and names were written on them, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the sons of Israel.
13 There were three gates on the east and three gates on the north and three gates on the south and three gates on the west.
14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundation stones, and on them were the twelve names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
22 I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.
23 And the city has no need of the sun or of the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God has illumined it, and its lamp is the Lamb.
24 The nations will walk by its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their glory into it.

I think the physical manifestation will not take place until Rev 21, after the renewal of all things and after the "removal" of satan (Rev 20:10).

Until the renewal of all things, the Kingdom will not come with observable signs.

Luke:
16:16 "The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John; since that time the gospel of the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is forcing his way into it.

17:20 Now having been questioned by the Pharisees as to when the kingdom of God was coming, He answered them and said, "The kingdom of God is not coming with signs to be observed;
21 nor will they say, 'Look, here it is!' or, 'There it is!' For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst."
or "within you"

John:
18:36 "My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, then My servants would be fighting so that I would not be handed over to the Jews; but as it is, My kingdom is not of this realm."

John 3:
3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God."
4 Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born, can he?"
5 Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

I see Jesus as being “seated on David's throne.” But it's not a physical throne, here on earth.

Upvote 0

Arc

Lover of the Truth
Jun 29, 2003
St. Louis Metro Area, IL
Visit site
✟7,994.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
frost said:
After the tribulation, when Jesus comes back to earth, what happens to the Christians who have died? Do they stay in heaven while Jesus reigns on Earth?

Here is a direct answer to that question:
1 THES 4:15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep.
16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.
17 Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord.
18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

As far as the 1000 years, there is not easy answer.

2 Peter 3:7 But by His word the present heavens and earth are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.

Does this mean the all consuming fire will only destroy the ungodly? Are then the Christians "caught up" or raptured just before? Or do we all get burned, leaving the righteous to "shine like the sun"?

8 But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day.
9 The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.
10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up.
11 Since all these things are to be destroyed in this way, what sort of people ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness,
12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be destroyed by burning, and the elements will melt with intense heat!
13 But according to His promise we are looking for new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells.

It seems like when Jesus returns, there won't be time for 1,000 year reign. Everything will be burned up and final judgement will take place.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

frost

Jun 24, 2003
Visit site
✟445.00
Faith
Christian
Arc said:
Here is a direct answer to that question:
1 THES 4:15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep.
16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.
17 Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord.
18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

As far as the 1000 years, there is not easy answer.

2 Peter 3:7 But by His word the present heavens and earth are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.

Does this mean the all consuming fire will only destroy the ungodly? Are then the Christians "caught up" or raptured just before? Or do we all get burned, leaving the righteous to "shine like the sun"?

8 But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day.
9 The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.
10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up.
11 Since all these things are to be destroyed in this way, what sort of people ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness,
12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be destroyed by burning, and the elements will melt with intense heat!
13 But according to His promise we are looking for new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells.

It seems like when Jesus returns, there won't be time for 1,000 year reign. Everything will be burned up and final judgement will take place.

Wow, good posts Arc, thanks. I'll have to give this some serious thought but what you say makes sense.

God bless..

Upvote 0

Rafael

Jul 25, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟6,445.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The scriptures I gave earlier were meant to show that I believe that the saints will rule with Christ for a thousand years on earth, just as those scriptures said.
Matthew 24:has been partially fulfilled by the events that happened in 70AD, but this doesn't explain the other scriptures that support a millinium kingdom where the saints and Christ rule.
In this kingdom Christ will rule with a "rod of iron", and there will still be nations that oppose Him. People from all other nations will pull of the hem of the garment of God's chosen people and ask about God. The lion will lay with the lamb.....

Zechariah 14;9 And the LORD shall be King over all the earth

Isaiah 65:25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent’s meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.

Zec 8:23 Thus saith the LORD of hosts; In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you.

Zec 14:16 Then it will come about that any who are left of all the nations that went against Jerusalem will go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to celebrate the Feast of Booths.

Zec 14:17 And it will be that whichever of the families of the earth does not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, there will be
no rain on them.

Zec 14:18 If the family of Egypt does not go up or enter, then no rain will fall on them; it will be the plague with which the LORD smites the nations
who do not go up to celebrate the Feast of Booths.

Zec 14:19 This will be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all the nations who do not go up to celebrate the Feast of Booths.

Zec 14:20 In that day there will be inscribed on the bells of the horses, "HOLY TO THE LORD." And the cooking pots in the LORD'S house will be like the bowls before the altar.

Revelation 12:5 And she gave birth to a son, a male child, who is to rule all the nations
with a rod of iron; and her child was caught up to God and to His throne."

Revelation 19:15 From His mouth comes a sharp sword, so that with it He may strike down the
nations, and He will rule them with a rod of iron; and He treads the wine
press of the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty.

Isaiah 35:10 And the ransomed of Yahweh will return and come with joyful shouting to Zion, with everlasting joy upon their heads. They will find gladness and joy, and sorrow and sighing will flee away.

Isaiah 65:9,10 I will bring forth offspring from Jacob, and an heir of My mountain from Judah; even My chosen ones shall inherit it, and my servants will dwell there. Sharon will be a pasture land for flocks, and the valley of Achor a resting place for herds, for My people who seek Me.

Jer 3:18 In those days the house of Judah will walk with the house of Israel, and they will come together from the land of the north to the land that I gave your fathers as an inheritance.

Jer 16:14,15 Therefore behold, days are coming, declares Yahweh, when it will no longer be said, 'as Yahweh lives, who brought up the sons of Israel out of the land of Egypt,' but, 'as Yahweh lives, who brought up the sons of Israel from the land of the north and from all the countries where He had banished them.' For I will restore them to their own land which I gave to their fathers.

Jer 29:14 I will be found of you, declares Yahweh, and I will restore your fortunes and will gather you from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you, declares Yahweh, and I will bring you back to the place from where I sent you into exile.

Jer 30:2,3 Thus says Yahweh, the Elohim of Israel, 'write all the words which I have spoken to you in a book. For behold, days are coming,' declares Yahweh, 'when I will restore the fortunes of My people Israel and Judah.' Yahweh says, 'I will also bring them back to the land that I gave to their forefathers and they shall possess it.'

Jer 31:16-18 Restrain your voice from weeping and your eyes from tears; for your work will be rewarded, declares Yahweh, and they will return from the land of the enemy. There is hope for your future, declares Yahweh, and your children will return to their own territory. I have surely heard Ephraim grieving, 'You have chastised me, and I was chastised, like an untrained calf; bring me back that I may be restored, for You are Yahweh my Elohim...

Jer 50:19 And I will bring Israel back to his pasture and he will graze on Carmel and Bashan, and his desire will be satisfied in the hill country of Ephraim and Gilead.

Ezek 11:17 Therefore say, 'thus says Yahweh Elohim, "I will gather you from the peoples and assemble you out of the countries among which you have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel."

Ezek 20:41,42 As a soothing aroma I will accept you when I bring you out from the peoples and gather you from the lands where you are scattered; and I will prove Myself holy among you in the sight of the nations. And you will know that I am Yahweh when I bring you into the land of Israel, into the land which I swore to give to your forefathers.

Ezek 34:13-15 I will bring them out from the peoples and gather them from the countries and bring them to their own land; and I will feed them on the mountains of Israel, by the streams, and in the inhabited places of the land. I will feed the in a good pasture, and their grazing ground will be on the mountain heights of Israel. There they will lie down on good grazing ground and feed in rich pasture on the mountains of Israel. I will feed My flock and will lead them to rest, declares Yahweh.

Ezek 36:8-12 But you, O mountains of Israel, you will put forth your branches ands bear your fruit for My people Israel; for they will soon come. For behold, I am for you, and I will turn to you, and your will be cultivated and sown. I will multiply men on you, all the house of Israel, all of it; and the cities will be inhabited and the waste places will be rebuilt. I will multiply on you man and beast; and they will increase and be fruitful; and I will cause you to be inhabited as you were formerly and will treat you better than at the first. Thus you will know that I am Yahweh. Yes, I will cause men - My people Israel - to walk on you and possess you, so that you will become their inheritance and never again bereave them of children.

Ezek 36:24-28 For I will take you from the nations, gather you from all the lands and bring you into your own land. Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances. You will live in the land that I gave to your forefathers; so you will be My people, and I will be your Elohim.

Ezek 38:8 After many days you will be summoned; in the latter years you will come into the land that is restored from the sword, whose inhabitants have been gathered from many nations to the mountains of Israel which had been a continual waste; but its people were brought out from the nations, and they are living securely, all of them.

Amos 9:14,15 Also I will restore the captivity of My people Israel, and they will rebuild the ruined cities and live in them; they will also plant vineyards and drink their wine, and make gardens and eat their fruit. I will also plant them on their land, and they will not again be rooted out from their land which I have given them, says Yahweh your Elohim.

Micah 4:6-8 In that day, declares Yahweh, I will assemble the lame and gather the outcasts, Even those whom I have afflicted. I will make the lame a remnant and the outcasts a strong nation. And Yahweh will reign over them in Mount Zion from now on and forever. As for you, tower of the flock, hill of the daughter of Zion, to you will come - even the former dominion will come, the kingdom of the daughter of Jerusalem.

Zeph 2:7 And the coast will be for the remnant of the house of Judah, they will pasture on it. In the houses of Ashkelon they will lie down at evening; for Yahweh their Elohim will care for them and restore their fortune.

Zech 2:11,12 Many nations will join themselves to Yahweh in that day and will become My people. Then I will dwell in their midst, and you will know that Yahweh of hosts has sent Me to you. Yahweh will possess Judah as His portion in the holy land and will again choose Jerusalem.

Zech 8:7,8 Thus says Yahweh of hosts, behold I am going to save My people from the land of the east and from the land of the west; and I will bring them back and they will live in the midst of Jerusalem; and they shall be My people, and I will be their Elohim in truth and righteousness.
Zech.9:13 When I have bent Judah for me, filled the bow with Ephraim, and raised up thy sons, O Zion, against thy sons, O Greece, and made thee as the sword of a mighty man. 14 And the LORD shall be seen over them, and his arrow shall go forth as the lightning: and the Lord GOD shall blow the trumpet, and shall go with whirlwinds of the south.

Upvote 0

Arc

Lover of the Truth
Jun 29, 2003
St. Louis Metro Area, IL
Visit site
✟7,994.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
raphe,

Are you sure that's not been done, and we are living in those days you speak of? It seems that the apostles in the book of Acts think.

About Pentecost:
Acts:
2:14 But Peter, taking his stand with the eleven, raised his voice and declared to them: "Men of Judea and all you who live in Jerusalem, let this be known to you and give heed to my words.
15 "For these men are not drunk, as you suppose, for it is only the third hour of the day;
16 but this is what was spoken of through the prophet Joel:
'AND IT SHALL BE IN THE LAST DAYS,' God says,
'THAT I WILL POUR FORTH OF MY SPIRIT ON ALL MANKIND;

AND YOUR SONS AND YOUR DAUGHTERS SHALL PROPHESY,
AND YOUR YOUNG MEN SHALL SEE VISIONS,
AND YOUR OLD MEN SHALL DREAM DREAMS;
EVEN ON MY BONDSLAVES, BOTH MEN AND WOMEN,
I WILL IN THOSE DAYS POUR FORTH OF MY SPIRIT
And they shall prophesy.
'AND I WILL GRANT WONDERS IN THE SKY ABOVE
AND SIGNS ON THE EARTH BELOW,
BLOOD, AND FIRE, AND VAPOR OF SMOKE.
'THE SUN WILL BE TURNED INTO DARKNESS
AND THE MOON INTO BLOOD,
BEFORE THE GREAT AND GLORIOUS DAY OF THE LORD SHALL COME.
'AND IT SHALL BE THAT EVERYONE WHO CALLS ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED.'

Then he goes on to say:
Acts:
2:22 "Men of Israel, listen to these words: Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know--
23 this Man, delivered over by the predetermined plan and foreknowledge of God, you nailed to a cross by the hands of godless men and put Him to death.
24 "But God raised Him up again, putting an end to the agony of death, since it was impossible for Him to be held in its power.
25 "For David says of Him,
'I SAW THE LORD ALWAYS IN MY PRESENCE;
FOR HE IS AT MY RIGHT HAND, SO THAT I WILL NOT BE SHAKEN.
'THEREFORE MY HEART WAS GLAD AND MY TONGUE EXULTED;
MOREOVER MY FLESH ALSO WILL LIVE IN HOPE;
BECAUSE YOU WILL NOT ABANDON MY SOUL TO HADES,
NOR ALLOW YOUR HOLY ONE TO UNDERGO DECAY.
'YOU HAVE MADE KNOWN TO ME THE WAYS OF LIFE;
YOU WILL MAKE ME FULL OF GLADNESS WITH YOUR PRESENCE.'
29 "Brethren, I may confidently say to you regarding the patriarch David that he both died and was buried, and his tomb is with us to this day.
30 "And so, because he was a prophet and knew that GOD HAD SWORN TO HIM WITH AN OATH TO SEAT one OF HIS DESCENDANTS ON HIS THRONE,
31 he looked ahead and spoke of the resurrection of the Christ,
that HE WAS NEITHER ABANDONED TO HADES, NOR DID His flesh SUFFER DECAY.
32 "This Jesus God raised up again, to which we are all witnesses.
33 "Therefore having been exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He has poured forth this which you both see and hear.
34 "For it was not David who ascended into heaven, but he himself says:
'THE LORD SAID TO MY LORD,
"SIT AT MY RIGHT HAND,
UNTIL I MAKE YOUR ENEMIES A FOOTSTOOL FOR YOUR FEET."'
36 "Therefore let all the house of Israel know for certain that God has made Him both Lord and Christ--this Jesus whom you crucified."

Then James later says:
Acts:
15:12 All the people kept silent, and they were listening to Barnabas and Paul as they were relating what signs and wonders God had done through them among the Gentiles.
13 After they had stopped speaking, James answered, saying, "Brethren, listen to me.
14 "Simeon has related how God first concerned Himself about taking from among the Gentiles a people for His name.
15 "With this the words of the Prophets agree, just as it is written,
'AFTER THESE THINGS I will return,
AND I WILL REBUILD THE TABERNACLE OF DAVID WHICH HAS FALLEN,
AND I WILL REBUILD ITS RUINS,
AND I WILL RESTORE IT,
SO THAT THE REST OF MANKIND MAY SEEK THE LORD,
AND ALL THE GENTILES WHO ARE CALLED BY MY NAME,'

SAYS THE LORD, WHO MAKES THESE THINGS KNOWN FROM LONG AGO.
19 "Therefore it is my judgment that we do not trouble those who are turning to God from among the Gentiles,
20 but that we write to them that they abstain from things contaminated by idols and from fornication and from what is strangled and from blood.
21 "For Moses from ancient generations has in every city those who preach him, since he is read in the synagogues every Sabbath."

James quotes this passage from Amos as being fulfilled in Jesus.

Remember what Jesus said about the Kingdom:
Luke:
16:16 "The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John; since that time the gospel of the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is forcing his way into it.

17:20 Now having been questioned by the Pharisees as to when the kingdom of God was coming, He answered them and said, "The kingdom of God is not coming with signs to be observed;
21 nor will they say, 'Look, here it is!' or, 'There it is!' For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst."
or "within you"

John:
18:36 "My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, then My servants would be fighting so that I would not be handed over to the Jews; but as it is, My kingdom is not of this realm."

Matt 16:
27 "For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and WILL THEN REPAY EVERY MAN ACCORDING TO HIS DEEDS.
28 "Truly I say to you, there are some of those who are standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom."

Upvote 0

Rafael

Jul 25, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟6,445.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello Arc,
Would your view be a amilliniel view, then? I don't see that Jesus is Lord over the nations of earth, yet, nor do I perceive a "rule of Iron" - neither do I see the lion and lamb feeding together. I lean towards the milliniel view only because of the scriptures that speak of this time where the restoration of the two houses of Israel takes place. Some of the verses are partially fulfilled with the emergence of Israel in 1948, but I don't see complete fulfillment.
There will be a time when those verses in Zechariah will happen - I don't see them fulfilled now or in the past.

Zec 8:23 Thus saith the LORD of hosts; In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you.

Zec 14:16 Then it will come about that any who are left of all the nations that went against Jerusalem will go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to celebrate the Feast of Booths.

Zec 14:17 And it will be that whichever of the families of the earth does not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, there will be no rain on them.

PS - Sometimes my head hurts too. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JesusServant

do not stray too far left nor right but CENTER
Dec 5, 2002
✟19,768.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
parousia70 said:
Good points Jerry.
I too share your view about the inability of the premil position to explain the milennium, especially the part about Jesus Christ requiring human beings to render blood animal sacrifices directly to Him during the 1000 years for atonement.

Apparently rendering His "once for all" sacrifice on the cross "null and viod" during the milennium.

Indeed.

He never said anything about sacrifices to Jesus during the Millenial reign. As a matter of fact, you're the first I've ever seen mention it. :rolleyes:

People that believe in the literal 1000 year reign believe that Jesus and His servants will then rule the world for 1000 years and Jesus will show us how it was meant to be done. But then at the end of that reign people will still be deceived yet again when satan is loosed for a short time and will once again rebel only to be destroyed along with satan. There will be no sacrifices because that would be pointless.

Upvote 0

Arc

Lover of the Truth
Jun 29, 2003
St. Louis Metro Area, IL
Visit site
✟7,994.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
raphe said:
Hello Arc,
Would your view be a amilliniel view, then?

I am studying that position now. It seems to have merit but I'm still undecided. I do believe that we should interpret OT prophecy in the same way the NT apostles did.

I don't see that Jesus is Lord over the nations of earth, yet, nor do I perceive a "rule of Iron" - neither do I see the lion and lamb feeding together.

I guess this just depends on your view of what constitutes "rule of Iron" and "lion & lamb".

PS - Sometimes my head hurts too. ;)

Me too
hahaha.gif
banghead.gif
:yum:

Upvote 0

Rafael

Jul 25, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟6,445.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just keep bumping into scripture that says the Lord is coming back to rule for a 1000 years. I only listed a few that surely can't mean anything else. I have friends that believe there will be no millinium. Keep studying and praying and the Holy Spirit will guide you, and same for me.

Upvote 0
P

Pistos Ergon

Any correct teaching of what happens after Jesus returns must fit with the quoted scripture below. Jesus makes this statement after the door of salvation is shut. He ceases His intercession as our High Priest prior to coming to resurrect the dead and change the living:

Rev 22.11
He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

There are no second chances at salvation after His return to reward the dead/living.

I suggest reading the following. It will be like new wine.

The Millennium

SATAN IN CHAINS

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.