• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

What happens to those who sin in Heaven?

Discussion in 'Exploring Christianity' started by Blindwatchmaker, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Blindwatchmaker

Blindwatchmaker Member

+27
    United Kingdom
    Freethinker
    Private
    Hello

Thank you for the opportunity to post questions about Christian belief on your forum.
    I was wondering what happens to those who commit sins (murder, rape etc) in Heaven.
    Do they simply get thrown out? If so, is that forever? Straight to Hell with no possibility of forgiveness for eternity?
    Or some other place?...

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Sketcher

Sketcher Born Imperishable

+7,210
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    I don't believe that it will be possible for the Christians in Heaven to sin again.

3. Blindwatchmaker

Blindwatchmaker Member

+27
    United Kingdom
    Freethinker
    Private
    Not possible in what way?
    I mean if someone gets to Heaven and say, wants to steal or commit adultery, what would happen to make it not possible?

4. Occams Barber

Occams Barber Newbie Supporter

+4,308
    Australia
    Atheist
    Divorced

Wouldn't that mean that people in Heaven have no free will?

OB

5. Blindwatchmaker

Blindwatchmaker Member

+27
    United Kingdom
    Freethinker
    Private
    This is what I'm getting at.
    The classical reply to the problem of evil or why God allows such a horrendous amount of suffering is that humans have free will and God doesn't want to mess with that.
    But if we get to Heaven and still have free will, then by what mechanism will we be prevented from sinning?

6. TedT

TedT Member since Job 38:7

+42
    Canada
    Christian
    Married
    After our earthly experience of the suffering sin causes, no one will ever choose by their free will to sin again, to start that ball rolling again. The idea is absurd that one would knowingly trade the telepathic loving communion with everyone in the kingdom including GOD for the destruction of the pleasure or profit of a sinful choice.

We will have a free will but we will never choose to sin again by that will.

7. Blindwatchmaker

Blindwatchmaker Member

+27
    United Kingdom
    Freethinker
    Private
    So you're saying that the idea is just that everyone will be so happy to be in Heaven that no human being will ever have a moment of weakness or bad judgement again for the rest of eternity?
    With respect, that doesn't sound likely given what we know about human nature.

8. TedT

TedT Member since Job 38:7

+42
    Canada
    Christian
    Married
    The word heaven refers to the married state of GOD with HIS holy church which implies a total compete unity of fellowship / communion in love. Everyone will be in a perfect unity of faith by our free will that YHWH is righteous so we will also always chose righteousness from then on forever.

Who would change their experience of perfect unifying love to re-experience the suffering of sinfulness? From the Christian pov, this is an absurd question...

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
  9. Occams Barber

+4,308
    Australia
    Atheist
    Divorced
    That's what's known as coercion - behave or you'll be kicked out (of Heaven)

OB

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
  10. Blindwatchmaker

Blindwatchmaker Member

+27
    United Kingdom
    Freethinker
    Private
    In that case, why couldn't God have just created human beings in a married state with him in the first place and avoided all the sin to begin with?
    Surely if God has the means to create an environment where human beings have total free will but are not inclined to sin, shouldn't he just have done that at the beginning?
    Could have avoided so much suffering...

11. Blindwatchmaker

Blindwatchmaker Member

+27
    United Kingdom
    Freethinker
    Private
    Is this warning addressed to me?
    I don't want to break forum rules.

12. Occams Barber

+4,308
    Australia
    Atheist
    Divorced

Not all sin involves suffering. Some sins are .... fun. ;)

OB

13. Occams Barber

+4,308
    Australia
    Atheist
    Divorced
    No - the comment was in response to TEdT's post.

If you look at my post it's under a quote from TedT's original post.

OB

14. thecolorsblend

thecolorsblend If God is your Father, who is your Mother? Supporter

+8,058
    United States
    Catholic
    Married

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  15. Occams Barber

+4,308
    Australia
    Atheist
    Divorced
    Ergo - no free will.

OB

16. Blindwatchmaker

Blindwatchmaker Member

+27
    United Kingdom
    Freethinker
    Private
    Not possible sounds a little restrictive if we still have free will.
    And if not the removal of free will, then why doesn't God just show his face now and nobody else will want to sin?
    If God can remove the human inclination to sin simply by showing us his face, then his decision not to do so, means he's happy for us to sin no?

17. Basil the Great

Basil the Great Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,691
    Christian
    Private
    US-Green
    I think it is safe to say that this is one of those questions for which we do not have the answer.

18. Blindwatchmaker

Blindwatchmaker Member

+27
    United Kingdom
    Freethinker
    Private
    That's a very honest answer thank you.

19. Kenny'sID

Kenny'sID Well-Known Member Supporter

+6,800
    Christian
    Single
    As far as I know, it isn't covered in the bible, so I can pretty well assure you no one knows the answer to that.

As far as murder goes, iI don't see how that can be possible in a body that lives forever.

What do you think will happen.

20. Blindwatchmaker

Blindwatchmaker Member

+27
    United Kingdom
    Freethinker
    Private
    Well, there are many sins other than murder of course.
    But that issue aside, personally I have not so far seen any evidence to convince me that Heaven exists as anything other than an idea in the minds of humans.
    A response to the fear and knowledge that life is limited and relatively brief.
    That has always seemed a more plausible idea than our personalities surviving the death of our brains.