What Happens To The Believer When His Faith Is Placed In The Cross?

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟688,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Any Believer whose Faith is not placed and maintained exclusively in Christ and the Finished Work at Calvary Cross, i.e., the Blood of Jesus ONLY - for victory over sin, the world, the flesh, and the Devil, has now changed God's prescribed order of victory and made a law (a new way). It does not make a difference what those other things may be, including Christian disciplines! It is LAW (Galatians 2:21).

The Holy Spirit STOPS! The sin nature that was dormant comes alive; the works of the flesh will be visible (Galatians 5:19-21).

Well, I've had dead prophets before - my entire faith is now in the Christ, my Risen Lord and Savior, who is able to save me..

I don't worship the dead who cannot save.

God bless.

Upvote 0

iLove

Jan 3, 2013
✟28,526.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus and the Law of Sin and Death are the two most powerful Laws in the Universe (Rom. 8:2); the "Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus" alone is stronger than the "Law of Sin and Death"; this means that if the Believer attempts to live for God by any manner other than Faith in Christ and the Cross, i.e, "The Finished Work", i.e., "The Blood of Jesus," they are doomed to failure.

If a Christians Faith is not maintain exclusively in Christ and His Finished Work, i.e., The Cross, i.e., The BLOOD of Jesus, the works of the flesh will manifest.

Paul tells us this in the 5th Chapter of Galatians. The entire Book of Galatians, but especially the 5th Chapter, is a warning from Paul to the Church at Galatia, which is also meant for us. The warning is that if they place their faith in anything except “Christ and Him Crucified,” that “Christ shall profit you nothing” (Gal. 5:2).

The Apostle goes on to say that if the Believer doesn’t adhere to the Way of the Spirit, which is the Way of the Cross, then works of the flesh will manifest themselves. He said:

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the Kingdom of God” (Gal. 5:19-21).

Now let me say it again, because it is so very important:
If the Believer doesn’t understand the Cross of Christ, as it regards Sanctification, then, in some way, one or more of these “works of the flesh” are going to manifest themselves in his life. As stated, such is inevitable! The first four, “Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, and lasciviousness,” are obvious and easily understood. But the modern Christian quickly dismisses “idolatry, witchcraft, and heresies,” thinking they do not really apply today.

JSM

Upvote 0

iLove

Jan 3, 2013
✟28,526.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The modern Church no longer believes the answer is found in the Cross of Christ, and only in the Cross of Christ. In place of the Cross, it has substituted humanistic psychology. Never mind that such wisdom is “earthly, sensual, and devilish” (James 3:15). They have opted for that in place of the “wisdom that is from above,” which is “first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy” (James 3:17).

To forsake the Cross is to forsake Christ. They cannot be separated.

Most Christians are practicing Salvation by "Faith," and Sanctification by "self (lukewarm)?" The Righteousness of God is imputed to a person only on the basis of Faith in Christ, and what Christ has done at the Cross. Romans 4:5

The Believer must stay in His death, burial, and resurrection and are, therefore, victorious (It is Jesus Christ life that brings victory - not ours). That is the only way we are triumphant in Christ (II Cor. 2:14). And that is the only way He can work in us both to will (change our desires), and to do (give us the power of the Holy Spirit) (Phil. 2:13)

This is the only way we receive the life of Jesus Christ to manifest in our lives so that we receive all the benefits of this Resurrection life (Luke 9:23).

JESUS SAID, "YOU CAN DO NOTHING WITHOUT ME (John 15:5)! EVERYTHING THAT MAN DOES DIES. EVERYTHING THAT JESUS DOES IS BLESSED, AND LIVES, AND HAS LIFE (Psalm 1:3)!

If the Believer does not understand this, all scriptures become enticing words to the flesh, that will be attempted by the flesh to perform (Romans 8:2-3, 1 Cor. 2:4). The Believer now becomes a transgressor (Gal. 2:18). Under Grace, the Holy Spirit carries out the will of God in the Believer (Romans 8:2). Under the Law, the flesh (your own ability) carry's out the Law of God. Under Grace, the New Covenant, if Christ is a Law keeper, than I am a Law keeper because I am in Him (Romans 6:3-5, Gal. 2:20-21).

• Agree
Reactions: Aussie Pete
Upvote 0

iLove

Jan 3, 2013
✟28,526.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When people leave the Cross and turn to other things, which millions are now doing, the Scripture says of them: "Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils" (1 Timothy 4:1).

Needless to say, such individuals, as with the lukewarm and as with those who have a form of godliness, are labeled by the Lord as unsaved, despite their claims, and will not go in the Rapture nor enter the strait gate and narrow way that leads unto life. Many people believe they are in Christ, but have a make believe salvation.

Many are proclaiming Christ, but forsaking the Cross (lukewarm). This is also called "Spiritual Adultery (Rom. 7:1-4)."

If you leave the Cross you enter death!

JSM

Upvote 0

iLove

Jan 3, 2013
✟28,526.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“11 And they overcame him by the Blood of the Lamb (the power to overcome and overwhelm the Kingdom of Satan is found exclusively in the Blood of the Sacrifice of the Son of God, and our Faith in that Finished Work [Rom. 6:3-5, 11, 14]), and by the word of their testimony (the “testimony” must pertain to the fact that the Object of our Faith is the Cross, and exclusively the Cross, which then gives the Holy Spirit latitude to work within our lives); and they loved not their lives unto the death. (This refers to the fact that the Believer must not change his testimony regarding the Cross to something else, even if it means death.)” Revelation 12:11

JSM

I don't want the Believer to be ignorant of God Righteousness. God only awards His Righteousness to the Believer by Faith placed and maintained exclusively in Christ and the Cross (the Blood of Jesus). Romans 4:5

Last edited:
Upvote 0

iLove

Jan 3, 2013
✟28,526.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your Word for Today

"Brethren, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved. For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. For they being ignorant of God’s Righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the Righteousness of God (Rom. 10:1-3).

The main purpose of the Holy Spirit giving us, through Paul, Chapters 9 through 11 of Romans was not, as stated, for Prophetical analysis, even though that, in measure, was given, but rather to warn the Church. If the Church follows in Israel’s footsteps by being ignorant of God’s Righteousness or by refusing God’s Righteousness, attempting, as Israel, to establish its own righteousness, the Church will be cut off just as Israel was cut off.

Concerning this, Paul said, “For if God spared not the natural branches (Israel), take heed lest He also spare not you (refers to the Church, as is obvious). Behold, therefore the goodness and severity of God (don’t mistake the Goodness of God for license): on them which fell, severity (speaks of Judgment which came on Israel, God’s chosen People); but toward you, goodness, if you continue in His Goodness (proclaims the conditions; the continuing of that “Goodness” pertains to continued Faith in Christ and the Cross): otherwise you also shall be cut off” (Rom. 11:21-22).

“God’s Righteousness” is that which is afforded by Jesus Christ, gained by and through the Cross. The only way that God’s Righteousness can be given to anyone is by virtue of the Cross, which demands Faith on the part of the recipient. If one attempts to gain righteousness by any other manner, the Lord refers to it as “self-righteousness,” and it is unacceptable — totally unacceptable!

I ask the following question:

How much is the modern Church preaching the Cross? The answer screams back at us, “Precious little!”

The Church has already apostatized. The Church Age opened with Christ standing in the midst of the candlesticks, in which the candlesticks represent the Church (Rev. 1:12-13). At the close of the Church Age, which pertains to the present time, we no longer find Christ in the midst of the Church, but rather outside, knocking on the door, trying to get in (Rev. 3:17-20). The Lord is, in fact, no longer dealing with the institutionalized Church as a whole, but rather with individuals only.

To be sure, the Lord has always dealt with individuals, but now it is only individuals.

“If any man hear My Voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with Me” (Rev. 3:20). So, who presently is saved?

It is the same now as it was with Israel of old.

Paul said, “Even so then at this present time (Paul’s day) also there is a Remnant according to the election of Grace (definitely speaks of Predestination, but not as many think; it is the “Remnant” that is elected or predestined, not who will be in the Remnant).

“And if by Grace (the Goodness of God, all made possible by the Cross), then is it no more of works (no one can point to their works as grounds for Salvation): otherwise Grace is no more Grace (if works are mixed with Grace, they nullify Grace). But if it be of works, then is it no more Grace (works can never produce Grace): otherwise work is no more work” (for example, Water Baptism, if acted upon wrongly, nullifies its true meaning; this also holds true for all other great Ordinances of the Lord) (Rom. 11:5-6).

As there was a “Remnant” in Israel who were saved, meaning that most were lost, likewise, there also is a “Remnant” in the modern Church who are saved, but only a Remnant. Israel had rejected much of that which was of the Lord, but when they rejected the Cross, there was nothing left. They were cut off. The modern Church has done the same thing. It has rejected much which is of the Lord, but now it is rejecting the Cross. As with Israel, if the Cross is rejected, that means the Righteousness of God is rejected, and that means the Church is also cut off — except for the “Remnant.”

Are you in the Remnant?

The only way that anyone can be in the Remnant is by accepting Christ and what Christ did at the Cross. There is no other way!"’

—Donnie Swaggart (taken from the “Word for Every Day”)
Donnie Swaggart

Upvote 0

iLove

Jan 3, 2013
✟28,526.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your Word for Today

“For the time is come that judgment must begin at the House of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them who obey not the Gospel of God? And if the Righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? (I Pet. 4:17-18).

After the horror of 9/11/01, when the lives of some 4,000 Americans were snuffed out due to Muslim terrorism, two Preachers of my acquaintance were interviewed over Network Television. They were asked why the Lord allowed this to happen to America.

Their answer was most interesting! Both agreed, “It is because of the homosexuals and the abortionists in this nation!”

That is basely incorrect!

While the two sins mentioned definitely are abominable, as should be overly obvious, that is not the problem in this country. According to the Word of God, the problem is the “House of God.” The Church in America has failed, and failed miserably! The Gospel is little preached from behind fashionable pulpits. The Cross of Christ, the very heartbeat of Christianity, has been relegated to the dustbin of antiquated doctrines, no longer applicable, or so it is said, for this modern age.

What I have just said is, in effect, the same as what Jesus said: “Verily I say unto you, that the Publicans and the harlots go into the Kingdom of God before you” (Mat. 21:31). Jesus certainly wasn’t condoning the sins of thievery and harlotry. What He was saying was that while the publicans and the harlots would repent, or at least some of them would, the religious leaders of Israel would not repent (Mat. 21:32).

Judgment always begins with Believers, and pertains to their Faith, whether in the Cross or otherwise; the Cross alone is spared judgment, for there Jesus was judged in our place.

If God will judge His Own, how much more will He judge the unredeemed? The Cross alone stays the Judgment of God. That must ever be understood.

The modern Church in this country is little preaching the Gospel. If it was preaching the Gospel, i.e., “the Cross,” which, as stated, alone stays the Judgment of God, then this nation would escape much punishment, and could very well have escaped the horror of 9/11/01.

Because it is so important, let us say it again:

If the Church faithfully preaches the Cross, most Judgment can be spared, for there Jesus was judged in our place. If the Cross is little preached, the nation is opened up for Judgment, and that’s exactly what is happening! The Cross of Christ alone stands between man and eternal Hell. We must never forget that (Eph. 2:13-18; Gal. 6:14). “

— Donnie Swaggart (taken from the “Word for Every Day”)
Donnie Swaggart

Upvote 0

iLove

Jan 3, 2013
✟28,526.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sanctification through the sift - gathering His Wheat and burning up the chaff

Luke 22:31-32

31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan has desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat:

32 But I have prayed for you, that your faith fail not: and when you are converted, strengthen your brethren.

“31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan has desired to have you (portrays to us a glimpse into the spirit world, which was very similar to the same request made by Satan concerning Job), that he may sift you as wheat (Satan tempts in order to bring out the bad, while God tests in order to bring out the good; the simple truth is, God, at times, using Satan as His instrument in addressing character, causes men to seek God’s Holiness rather than their own):

32 But I have prayed for you, that your faith fail not (Satan’s attack is always delivered against Faith, for if that fails all fail): and when you are converted, strengthen your brethren (does not refer to being Saved again, but rather coming to the right path of trust and dependence on the Lord, instead of on self; that lesson learned, one is then able to strengthen the brethren).”

JSM

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BBAS 64

Contributor
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
New England
✟489,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Any Believer whose Faith is not placed and maintained exclusively in Christ and the Finished Work at Calvary Cross, i.e., the Blood of Jesus ONLY - for victory over sin, the world, the flesh, and the Devil, has now changed God's prescribed order of victory (Romans 8:2) and made a law (a new way). It does not make a difference what those other things may be, including Christian disciplines! It is LAW (Galatians 2:21).

The Holy Spirit STOPS! The sin nature that was dormant comes alive; the works of the flesh will be visible (Galatians 5:19-21).

They are not believers...

Upvote 0

iLove

Jan 3, 2013
✟28,526.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“He is now functioning in God’s Divine Order and if Faith remains in the Cross of Christ exclusively, he or she will now experience all that for which Jesus died.

Doesn’t it make sense, considering the price that Jesus paid on the Cross of Calvary that He would want us to have all that for which He died? I think the answer to that is obvious! But sadly, most Believers are living far beneath their Spiritual Privileges in Christ and it is because of not understanding the Cross of Christ as it refers to our Sanctification, i.e., how we live for God.”

JSM
When we simply place our faith in Christ and His victory afforded by the Cross-and I speak of victory as it regards our everyday walk before God-the Holy Spirit then steps in with His power, and victory is assured.

JSM

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
This is what happens: you believe that you can just live however you want and still go to heaven.
Funny, my boast is only in the Cross of Christ. I do not live however I want. I am crucified with Christ, therefore I am dead to sin. I carry my cross, so I die daily to sin, self, Satan and the world system. I rose again with Christ so that I am a new creation in Him. I have a new, born again spirit that hates sin. So it is with all who are born again. Some struggle more than others. We are all at different places in our walk. You judge harshly and without knowledge.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums