Jul 8, 2003
London
✟5,287.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Engaged
Hi,

I'm just curious as to what goes on during a deliverance. How do the possessed/opressed behave, what physical/supernatural manifestations occur, whether it's myth or truth that their voices change in pitch/you can hear lots of voices at the same time, how long it takes...etc.

I'd be very interested in those who have done deliverance or who have watched it, or experienced it for themselves, have to say! Please share your own personal stories.

Thanks.

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
It vary's with each person.

Generally if someone is demonized there can be a variety of things that the demon will do to try and stir things up. I think it also can depend on the experience of the one's doing the deliverance and how much they know where they stand with God.

I have heard the voice of the person change. I've seen people screaming for us to stop touching them but no one was touching them. Sometimes they cry, scream, become violent. One woman in a church service I was in began to dance very provocativly and when they began to minister to her she started screaming. Note: she is very delivered today and the most joyful person I know. . .she share's Jesus with everyone she come's in contact with.

Then there are other's who may show no physical manifestation yet there is deliverance. I think didaskalos and some of the other's here may have more experience in this area than I though. :)

Upvote 0

Father Rick

Peace be with you
Jun 23, 2004
Sitting at this computer
Visit site
✟21,921.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private
Different things happen at different times.

Yes, sometimes demonic spirits speak through/out of people but not always. I have seen people fall on the floor, hiss like a snake, shake like convulsions/seizures, etc. While rare, people do sometimes levitate.

A big part of it depends on what kind of demonic spirit you are dealing with and how experienced the person ministering to them is. Personally, I don't let demons try to show off. They like to try to make themself look really powerful, like something out of The Exorcist, but in reality Jesus has stripped them of all power and authority by His death and resurrection. Remember though, that Satan is the Father of Lies so they try to deceive people into thinking they have 'all this power'. I think some people get caught up in excitement of the fact that something is 'manifesting' and lose track of the real issue-- getting someone free. When/if they start to act up, I just follow the example of Jesus when He said "Hold thy peace and come out."

Upvote 0

AudioArtist

AudioArtist
Jul 8, 2003
London
✟5,287.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Engaged
The reason I am interested in the supernatural elements (the two mentioned so far have been levitating and their voices changing) is because a doubt that always attacks my mind is that it is not a spiritual thing at all, but simply physcological disorders.

However, the fact people are magically cured by the name of Jesus puts that doubt to rest somewhat. :)

Please keep the personal experiences comming!

Upvote 0

riverpastor

Take the Red Pill.
Mar 23, 2004
Ft. Worth
✟20,727.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I was in India back in 1992 and encountered a few demon-possession situations.

I'll tell of one that we encountered in Tenali during one of the nightly open-air crusades that we participated in.

A young man (mid-20's) came and he had been a deaf mute since being beaten as a 5 year old child. One of his eardrums was ruptured at that time, and the other ear slowly went deaf until he was deaf in both ears. He had developed regularly, according to family, up until this time. He was speaking and making sense with sentences. At the time of the incident, he became mute and was unable to speak.

We prayed for him first that his ears be opened and that the spirit of deafness would leave. We prayed for a creative miracle. Then we began working on the speech. It was here that the spirit began manifesting. It was nothing horrendous, but you could tell that he was under the demon's control.

Whenever we said the Name of Jesus, his eyes would immediately roll backwards into his head so that he was unable to look at us.

He never became violent, but the spirit was resistive.

So, we continued to declare the authority of Christ over this spirit and prayed fro his release. There was a point when he was doubled over backwards (his back was bent to where his legs were standing straight up, but his torso was parallel with the ground - there was nothing physically holding him up). This was done in an attempt to keep from receiving hands laid on the body of this man.

After rebuking this spirit for about 30 minutes, he finally spoke. The spirit spoke through him in a high-pitched voice and in his native language (Telegu) the voice said, "I'm coming out."

This continued for several minutes as we continued to stand on the Word. Suddenly, he folded over and we caught him.

You could literally see his countenance change. His eyes were glassy and hazy, but when the spirit left, his eyes became completely clear.

At this point, we were able to determine that he could hear and he was saying some words. His speech was slow but God was manifesting healing through him.

He was given the Gospel and was led through a prayer of repentance, confessing Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. It was hear that the confusion seemed to leave him, and he smiled.

There was a girl that we ministered to in one of the villages we worked as well. She had burns on her upper body and arms. She had mixed mantras and prayer beads in order to be freed from the spirit that her mother said, literally, threw her into the fire.

When we began to pray for her, her eyes would roll back as well and she would collapse (become dead weight) so that we could not minister to her. The manifestation is simply the resistance of the spirit from being confronted with the Authority of Christ.

Upvote 0

A4C

Secrecy and Christ likeness cannot co-exist
Aug 9, 2004
✟3,626.00
Faith
Christian
My first inroduction to deliverence was when a pastor called me up to the front to "help" him with the "prayer" requested by an ex bikie member. With three of us firmly attached to one arm another three attached to the other the pastor began his deliverance ministry. Well soon after two arm sweeps and and six people lifting themselves off the floor our prayee was disappearing out the back door with seven people pointing at him asking that in the name of Jesus whatever had possessed the man to come out of him.
Well then he just kept walking in ever decreasing circles until he just could not stand any longer and the Lord laid him gently on the grass so that we could go about our business. After about two hours that guy just simply beamed as he got up off the ground praising the Lord. His first word spoken to us was "JESUS" which was quite remarkable because he had been deaf and dumb all his life.
I think we had some angel power with us that day. :)
Since then I have been involved in setting many free but I will never forget that early experience.
Ossie

Upvote 0

AudioArtist

AudioArtist
Jul 8, 2003
London
✟5,287.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Engaged
I see, Riverpastor. So the weird behavoire only started when authority of Jesus was involved? I mean, they only went insane/weird when you tried to pray for them? That helps alot, because it shows there was something more wrong with them then mere illness/mental illness, as things only manifested when Jesus became involved.

Upvote 0

riverpastor

Take the Red Pill.
Mar 23, 2004
Ft. Worth
✟20,727.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think these things like to hide. I'm not too sure that they are necessarily trying to draw attention to themselves. I do believe that the manifestations occur when they are confronted, though.

Mark 1:21-27 - And they went into Capernaum; and straightway on the sabbath day he entered into the synagogue, and taught. And they were astonished at his doctrine: for he taught them as one that had authority, and not as the scribes. And there was in their synagogue a man with an unclean spirit; and he cried out, saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art, the Holy One of God. And Jesus rebuked him, saying, Hold thy peace, and come out of him. And when the unclean spirit had torn him, and cried with a loud voice, he came out of him. And they were all amazed, insomuch that they questioned among themselves, saying, What thing is this? what new doctrine is this? for with authority commandeth he even the unclean spirits, and they do obey him.​

The Lord spoke to me a couple of years back stating that the devil was a coward. He fears Jesus in us. He fears the confrontation. He fears the Word. He fears the Light. He fears that we'll find out that he is weak and powerless against us.

Upvote 0

Hisgirl

Loved into Heaven by a Violent Act of Grace
Aug 10, 2004
USA
✟15,157.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
CS2X.....I would recommend a small book to you called Pigs in the Parlour. It was written by a Baptist minister and his wife and it is all about their experiences setting folks free through Jesus. Tons of amazing stories of specific deliverances. It has remained in the top ten charismatic book sellers for quite some time....I think it's over thirty years old.

I have prayed against some things, but haven't had anything manifest. I have seen, however, many people delivered and it's quite something to witness. I love seeing the joy afterwards. The most dramatic one was a pregnant friend...the enemy left shrieking with her vomiting. I felt sorry for her, as it looked hard to go through. She said she was't aware while it was happening. I almost hate talking too much about it though....I sense the enemy enjoys the attention. I know when something happened at my house...I wanted to share the experience with my spirit-filled mentors and discuss it, but I could almost hear the glee of his slimy self reveling in the attention. There...that's enough about him. Praise be to Jesus and all the glory of the freedom of deliverance to the most high God!!

Upvote 0

riverpastor

Take the Red Pill.
Mar 23, 2004
Ft. Worth
✟20,727.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My wife knew a local family here that were hard-and-fast believers who moved into a rent home. Afterwards, the woman sometimes levitated out of bed. They said they were gripped in fear. They moved a month after moving in.

Hisgirl, the devil's a loser. And when we talk about him as the loser he is, then he's not getting any glory.

It's not attention he wants; he wants God's glory for himself. Jesus was not afraid to talk about how the devil was a loser. He simply manifested the will of God to prove that satan was a loser.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cynjo59

Oct 8, 2002
Western NY
Visit site
✟7,865.00
Faith
Pentecostal
At a Camp Meeting in our church a few years ago there was a man delivered of demons. All the men gathered around him and began to pray, rebuking the demons in him. He cursed in voices not his own and at one point, his body was suspended about two feet off the floor. There was nothing under him to hold him up and no one was touching him. Another time, not too long ago, one of our young ladies was up front for deliverance of opressing spirits. She too spoke and cursed in voices not her own and became violent. The spirits in her were resistant, making her scream and thrash about but in the end they did leave. I see where you questioned whether these posessions were perhaps simply mental illness- no, they are not. In my job I interact with mentally ill people on a day to day basis. Most of them are simply mentally ill, lots of times it gets worse because it is drug induced because that's how their caseworkers deal with them. I do have one woman who rides my bus frequently and she is demon possessed. It happened that she used to go to our church and one Sunday morning she was told by Pastor Sr. that if she would yield and be prayed for, the demons would leave her and she would be normal again. Instead of running up front to accept this, she angrily left the church and never came back. Her possession grows steadily worse. Just last week she told me of a dream she keeps having and asked me if I thought it was a hallucination (that's what her caseworkers insist it is). The dream terrifies her, and well it should, since it is clearly a warning from God for her to seek Him before it is too late. When I told her this, I literally saw another being take over her- her face changed and her voice changed. It smiled as it spoke through her, "hell is where I came from and that is where my father is." And with that said, she actually hopped off the bus and almost skipped away- she normally gets off the bus excrutiatingly slowly and has multiple petit mal seizures as she is doing so. It surely goes beyond mental illness.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I can help anyone who wants to take authority over demons.
If you have never done this, then you are in for a treat.
Once you understand what is going on behind the scenes, your faith will increase and never again will you worry or wonder about how to do this.

1. Understand that demons are spirits. They do not have a "mind" because the "mind" exists only in the beings with a soul. Only beings that have a body have a soul. Spirits cannot logically reason or comprehend things. They cannot draw secondary conclusions because these are functions of the mind (soul) not the spirit. This is an important fact which we will draw upon in a moment.
2. Spirits have a "mind of the spirit". This is unlike the mind of the soul in that it does not use logic and reason. All spirits have what is called a "logosystem". The logosystem is the sum total of all the beliefs that exist in an spirit. You have a logosystem. It is the sum total of all the things you believe in your heart. God has a logosystem... it is Jesus.
3. Demons,in fact all spirits, are "belief regulated". That means they instantly react to spiritual stimuli coming against their being. They cannot reason that something is not true or what it means. They, like all spirits, always react in accordance with the beliefs within their logosystem. They always behave in accordance with the beliefs that exist within themsleves.
4. Demons, and all spirits, build up their logosystem by revelation. We (our spirits) receive revelation from God and that revelation is added to our logosystem. It becomes the stuff of our faith. This is what we call "revelation knowledge". It is the way spirits commune with each other and pass information back and forth. You do this when you pray and commune with God. You can also do this with demons.
5. This is most important. When Jesus defeated satan and all the principalities and powers. That defeat and authority was communed into them. They now know and believe in themselves that Jesus is Lord. That fact has become a part of their "logosystem". They cannot escape it. It is a part of their being. It controls them and they are helplessly harnessed by it.
6. When you commune with a demon spirit from out of the spirit of Christ that is in you, that demon cannot logically reason that it is not Jesus Christ Himself that is standing before Him telling Him what to do. The words your speak, which are spirit words from out of the spirit of Christ in you(your logosystem), are communed into that spirit and it reacts instantly to those words. It trembles in horror. It seeks to flee from you. It is not a matter of you "trying" to cast it out, it is just that the spirit is first paralyzed with fear and then when it can get up it flees in terror. It wants to get away from you as fast as possible. It cannot help itself.

When you say "IN the name of JESUS come out".... that spirit is immobilized. It is paralyzed. It is so afraid that it simply ceases to function. All it can think is that it wants to get away from you.
And we let them.

All you have to do is learn how to speak out of the spirit of Christ in you. When you do, your words will be spirit and life. You will cast out devils with a word. You will heal the sick with a word. You will do the the works that He did. It all starts with an understanding of who and what you are in Christ.
Dids

Reactions: Guioam
Upvote 0

Hisgirl

Loved into Heaven by a Violent Act of Grace
Aug 10, 2004
USA
✟15,157.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I love hearing all this...ok, so riverpastor said to not be concerned about the 'attention'...so here's an interesting story.

Last January, my step-daughter and husband were coming to visit. She was very involved in the Unity church....it totally denies the saving blood and sacrifice. All metaphysical stuff....icky icky!

She had called and starting asking all kinds of HUGE questions...what about evolution, the age of the earth, God wouldn't send people to hell because He was love...all that unitarian type stuff. We spent hours ministering to her before they came...tons of praying. I heard the Lord say,"Thine enemy has a name and it's Lies and Deception." I felt so militant that week! They came and we spent five days ministering to them. She is now a 'new man' and the husband is coming along.

One night, we had watched a video downstairs and I went upstairs into my bedroom....I have double doors leading into the room. The left door was open and perpendicular to the wall. Right as I took a step next to that door...something with the force of a bowling ball HIT the door right next to my head...but the door didn't move. The force was so hard the ceiling downstairs shook. I screamed and everybody came running upstairs,"What happened!!!!!" I gasped,"Something HUGE fell against the door!!" Of course, nothing was there. I very quickly realized what had happened. A demon had tried to scare and intimidate me. My husband anointed the door and made some 'proclamations' to the enemy reminding him who we were and that he was not welcome.
I have a friend who was at a mental hospital, casting out demons from a patient and as the security guard stood there and watched...the window blinds would fly up and down each time she cast one out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lottedah

Aug 26, 2003
✟15,560.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hes right. Dont give the devil too much attention.. If you dont fear him or are superstitious about him and you stand in authority of God they come out generally easy and without many manifestations. WHen I first started they manifested all the time but as I matured in God and realized the full extent of the power of the holy spirit they now just flee with a sneeze or a yawn because you DONT need their names to cast them out its a falsehood. Never talk to a stupid spirit unless your quoting scripture or telling them to shut up.
In children it seems they manifest more because they have less control over giving their minds to Jesus.
Sometimes a hungry person can be delivered just from praising in their own home. I would love the opportunity to minister to mental patients. What a blessing she has to get to do that!

Upvote 0

WhiteFeather

Aug 31, 2004
Washington State
Visit site
✟7,805.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I have been through deliverance on 3 different occasions, all from things from my past, witchcraft, sexual abuse, epilepsy and a death spirit. Each time I experience the same things, where I fell down to the floor and foaming at the mouth, screaming and crying and refuse to look at the people, I was avoiding them any type of eye contact as they were calling out the death spirit. I really wanted to bolt out of the room, thought my skin was on fire, and I would start clawing myself to wear I would get raw and start to bleed. They have held my hands, gently restraining me, and kept annointing me and calling them... sometimes holding a garbage can for me to wretch in. The first time was very frightening for me, as I had no idea such things existed, which was 10 years ago, that I actually spewed something in the baptismal, altho it was not regualar type of body fluids. I pray about this often and sometimes I feel like there are still things lurking in there that need dealt with, but havent been revealed yet. So I have been doing much prayer for the Lord to reveal anything to me, breaking all UnGodly soul ties, and house cleaning, truck loads of things that were tied to things in my past, that I never related to any thing out of the ordinary. Especially what I considered nick knacks, vs. graven carved images or idols... this was a hard one.
(The modern objects of idolatry are less gross than the ancient, but are none the less idols.)
Whatever of wealth or honor or pleasure is loved and sought before God and righteousness becomes an object of idolatry.
"Housecleaning" is what we call getting rid of anything in your home that may cause you demonic problems. Look through your home as you pray and the Lord will let you know what items need to be destroyed that have become an idol to you. Any type of collection - dolls (roots come from voodoo), owls and frogs (abominations to the Lord, as stated in the Bible), unicorns (lust and financial problems), etc. You may have only one or two of these items, but they are just as deadly as a collection.
You do not have to worship any item for it to be idolatry. Just having these things in your home give demons legal right to be in your home.

Any time I brilloed up on something, I went back to check the spirit and ask why was I hanging on to these things and the memory behind it... The bottom line, why take a chance, nothing is worth my soul. And God can replace all that I had carried with me all my life, like a ball and chain... I was in spiritual bondage, and I am free, how awesome is that! whooo hooooo.......... Praise the Lord!
:clap:

Upvote 0
Hey

Well what happens when you’re going through deliverance. Well I know by experience!

I have a long story, but I wont go into detail on everything.... I was worshiping in church, but for some reason I couldn’t stop shaking [not much shaking, just a little] at first I thought it was God.

Then one of the leaders came to pray for me, he put his hand on me, straight away I fell on the floor, my body was out of control. [I did a roll that was funny, bit embarrassing!] I couldn’t stop myself; every part of my body was just going into spasm.

After a while he asked me if I knew what was happening & if there was anything he should know [as ive only just started getting help with homosexuality not many knew, even though ive been a Christian most of my life, I have only just started to receiving help from the church / told parents & family]

Anyway, I told him [whoa that was hard, I didn’t really have a choice from what was happening] He asked more people to come and help, the church service finished, and I was still in spasm, this went on for an hour +]

Most of the people from church had gone home. [The church I go to has around 2000 members, on a Sunday night you get around 600+ that will come] A number of people stayed and prayed. Four of the leaders had their hands on me, and there were around 15 others around praying.

The leaders spoke to the daemons [God showed them there were many] and told them to leave, by naming them. Every time the leaders addressed the demons they made me react more violently. It got to the stage where I found myself being physically strangled and feeling very sick along with some bad headaches!

Each time one left, another would come along and took control, it had gone on for so long that I was in lots of pain physically, they decided to bring it to an end, and bound up all the demons.

The next 3 days I was in so much pain all over, all my muscles were killing.

I’m currently waiting to go back some day soon and finish the deliverance off.

Also id just like to thank God for everything, I had never felt so good in all my life the following weeks...

In my opinion I don’t think you should be looking into the demon stuff too much, keep the focus on God, he is above everything!

Upvote 0