Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Do we go to the presence of the Lord or are we just in the dust until the resurrection?

From chapter 12 of Ecclesiastes...Remember Him before the silver cord is broken and the golden bowl is crushed, the pitcher by the well is shattered and the wheel at the cistern is crushed; then the dust will return to the earth as it was, and the spirit will return to God who gave it.

Reference to: Genesis 2:7 "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a
living soul."

Job 34:14-15 "If He should determine to do so, If He should gather to Himself His spirit and His breath, All flesh would perish together, And man would return to dust."

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Do we go to the presence of the Lord or are we just in the dust until the resurrection?
Hello Theokayayman1.

I would say we go nowhere until the resurrection occurs. We cannot meet the Lord until He returns, we just fall asleep until then.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟796,996.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Also, this book is addressed to believers - "We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with The Lord." II Cor 5:8

shown in Scripture the key is when our spirits leave our bodies permanently such as:
"While he yet spake, there cometh one from the ruler of the synagogue's house, saying to him, Thy daughter is dead; trouble not the Master." v 49
"And he put them all out, and took her by the hand, and called, saying, Maid, arise." v54
"And her spirit came again, and she arose straightway: and he commanded to give her meat." v55

"A man’s days are numbered. You know the number of his months. He cannot live longer than the time You have set." (Job 14:5). So, at that time, our spirits leave our bodies permanently. Not our medical definitions of death but only when Yahweh decides when the number of our days is completed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This book is addressed to believers - "We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with The Lord." II Cor 5:8
I feel this needs to be reiterated. There's no need to guess or opine about what happens when a Christian dies. S/he goes to be present with the Lord. And where is the Lord now? At the right hand of the Father in heaven. There is no soul sleep, purgatory, or waiting in the dust if the Bible is to be believed.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I feel this needs to be reiterated. There's no need to guess or opine about what happens when a Christian dies. S/he goes to be present with the Lord. And where is the Lord now? At the right hand of the Father in heaven. There is no soul sleep, purgatory, or waiting in the dust if the Bible is to be believed.
Agreed. Even Paul said to be absent from the body is to be present with Christ.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,085,316.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
In the book of Revelation, close to the time of the very end, we see believers who have been martyred. They are at the Throne asking when their deaths will be receive vengeance. There are so many stories of people who have been well documented as very dead for a long time, who say they saw Heaven, and they have very similar things to say.

Dean Braxton was well documented to be dead for 1 3/4 hours. Here is the most detailed description of Heaven that I have seen.

• Informative
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0

Mediakira

Jun 6, 2011
Eaton, Ohio
✟34,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian

my mother says we fall asleep. But in my opinion. God takes us out of our body when we die. I have watched that this occurs. But this is not in the bible. When my grandma died her soul lefted the body.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums